Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Who's your favorite character to play as in DBZ games?
Topic Started: Aug 10 2016, 02:10 PM (1,061 Views)
DBZAOTA482
Member Avatar

The title speaks for it's self.

Usually Goku and Vegeta are my mains as Goku is always the well-rounded fighter and Vegeta's style is aggressive and he can fight well at a distance. SSJ2 Goku especially in the Tenkaichi games I like playing as because he's fast and has one of the fast, most damaging charged regular ki blasts in the games.

Budokai 3 is one of the few games where I don't main Goku or Vegeta. Don't get my wrong they're still good but Gohan and Piccolo I like playing as more since they have incredible zoning (with Piccolo's being the best in the whole game). Also Gohan is like a mix-pot of Goku and Piccolo moves alongside his own added flavor, like Soaring Dragon Strike (what a great super move).

What is your favorite character to play as?
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

All of the characters have kind of changed throughout the years in the way they move when you play as them. But my main favorite is still Goku. Besides him are Bardock, Turles, and Goten. I would have to say the Saiyan Time Patroller is one of my new favorites though, I love playing as them.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Quote Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
I'mma make it look sexy

Only DBZ game that I've given a lot of mileage is Budokai Tenkaichi 3. I liked to use fringe characters. I enjoyed using the likes of Appule, Pikkon, Tapion, Nail etc. But I would try and use everyone, really, creating storylines in my head using various characters.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

Axiomatically Prodigious
Member Avatar

Vegeta in every game I've ever played! (That has the option to choose characters.)
Posted Image
Super Saiyan Rose

See you Space Cowboy...

The Humanoid Typhoon

Not Justin Cook

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

I tend to use Vegeta primarily in any DBZ game I play. Obviously the era varies depending on the game, but more often than not, I tend to either use Buu era Vegeta or Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

I like to just hit random character and play as whoever it gives me.
Posted Image

Ketchup Revenge
Member Avatar
"Nyruhehehehe"

Depends on the game, to be entirely honest; but I usually enjoy playing as Piccolo. My second is Vegeta, sometimes Freeza or Kid Boo.
Their attacks and transformations may not be up to Goku's level, but their attacks' charge time and speed is miles ahead of Goku's go-to move, the Kamehameha.

The Kamehameha may be pretty strong, but it's very easy to miss your opponent, or for them to counter because the charge time takes a bit.

Not to mention that Piccolo has the stretchy arms, which usually means that he can get more hits in than a Saiyan or human, and grab opponents that are just outside the regular sparring bubble, and Piccolo is on the taller side, so there's that much more ground he can cover.
The only downside is that he doesn't always have that Kami merger or Nail merger power-up, and it's pretty hard going up against Super Saiyans sometimes.

Freeza's attacks are just cool, so are Kid Boo's, and he has the stretchy arm thing that comes in really handy.

But Goku does have all the good transformations... so, there's that.
Edited by Ketchup Revenge, Aug 10 2016, 08:14 PM.
Posted Image
The vengeance is hers' for as long as she stands by Him

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Ice Queen Emeriti
Aug 10 2016, 08:04 PM
But he does have all the good transformations... so, there's that.
Even if the transformations don't really change much besides his overall look. :rofl:

I am most familiar with BT3, and I love to pick Red Potara characters all the time, because they are so absurdly overpowered and I have nothing to worry about. I could probably take on a team composed of the game's strongest characters with Mr Satan and I would still beat them all pretty easily. I usually pick Imperfect Cell or Kid Boo for the tournaments because Imperfect Cell's absorption really helps in later matches and Kid Boo's frenetic and unrelenting combos are just insane.

Gotta mention, as I always do, Super 13 is WAAAY too powerful in BT3. Like WTH, why does he have the biggest attack in the game? It's 98% unavoidable!
Edited by Darker, Aug 10 2016, 08:50 PM.
Posted Image

Another small step in my evolution toward becoming the ultimate intellect.
And information is most valuable if I'm the only one who possesses it.

lazerbem
Member Avatar

I think you mean Super 13. His is one of the biggest and it tracks, but the two biggest are Super Spirit Bomb and Revenge Death Ball Final
Posted Image
Wow, this new tournament arc looks great.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Hmmm... You're right, those two are larger than 13's.

Still, at least I can avoid the other two. Even if the Spirit Bomb kinda forces you to get hit, which really sucks.
Posted Image

Another small step in my evolution toward becoming the ultimate intellect.
And information is most valuable if I'm the only one who possesses it.

Hit
Member Avatar

BT3.

Kid Buu is my man. With him, you could just destroy your enemy totally.

Goku9000
Member Avatar

Any character works fine with me, though I usually use Goku or Vegeta.
Posted Image

BigDaddyDru
No Avatar

DBZAOTA482
Aug 10 2016, 02:10 PM

Usually Goku and Vegeta are my mains as Goku is always the well-rounded fighter and Vegeta's style is aggressive and he can fight well at a distance. SSJ2 Goku especially in the Tenkaichi games I like playing as because he's fast and has one of the fast, most damaging charged regular ki blasts in the games.

Budokai 3 is one of the few games where I don't main Goku or Vegeta. Don't get my wrong they're still good but Gohan and Piccolo I like playing as more since they have incredible zoning (with Piccolo's being the best in the whole game). Also Gohan is like a mix-pot of Goku and Piccolo moves alongside his own added flavor, like Soaring Dragon Strike (what a great super move).

Typically speaking, for me Kid Buu is always a favorite of mines in ALL the classic Budokai games I play. He is consistently a top-tiered character in the roster and in the right hands can be quite unstoppable!
***DRAGON BALL Z: BUDOKAI TENKAICHI 3 CHALLENGES***
PvC Challenge
Price: $.50/Attempt
Completion Reward: $50
First-Person Completion Bonus: $100
***Challenge Details***

PvP Challenge
Price: $1/Attempt
Completion Reward: $1,000
***Challenge Details***

DBZAOTA482
Member Avatar

BigDaddyDru
Nov 14 2016, 07:31 AM
DBZAOTA482
Aug 10 2016, 02:10 PM

Typically speaking, for me Kid Buu is always a favorite of mines in ALL the classic Budokai games I play. He is consistently a top-tiered character in the roster and in the right hands can be quite unstoppable!
Kid Buu is not top tier in Budokai 3 and Infinite World.
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

Goku is usually my main. Fusion characters are always a lot of fun to play as too, Vegito and Gogeta specifically, but imo they make it too easy. I also like playing as Yamcha and the Time Patroller in Xenoverse 1 & 2. Also Bardock and Turles, both really fun. Bardock was best in the BT games.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Gaming · Next Topic »

//