Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Anyone like metal?
Topic Started: Aug 8 2016, 03:49 AM (6,916 Views)
Helvius Pertinax Augustus
Member Avatar
What will you do when you get old?

So does anyone listen to metal? I know at least 2 people on here do. If so, what are your favorite bands?

My favorites in no order are Ancient Rites, Absurd, Goatmoon, Tyrant Goatgaldrakona, Bal Sagoth and Arghoslent.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Dankness Flame
Member Avatar
The Dankest Of Flames

What kind of metal?
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I'm not a big fan but I often listen to some metal songs. I don't really have a favourite band.
Posted Image

"For just like you I made myself a work of art."

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
狼牙風風拳

Shining Light
Aug 8 2016, 03:55 AM
What kind of metal?
Obviously Metal Fabrication.

Posted Image

But seriously though probably Metallica and Disturbed, I don't listen to a whole lot of that kind of music. I like Hard Rock but I'm not sure if you would consider it metal.
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

Member Avatar

Shining Light
Aug 8 2016, 03:55 AM
What kind of metal?
Any kind of metal. Black, Death, Power, Thrash, Folk, Symphonic, ect. The bands I listed are either Black metal or Death metal, although Bal-Sagoth and Ancient Rites both have symphonic Black Metal going for them.

Also anyone check out the Satanic Warmaster/Archgoat split Lux Satanae (Thirteen Hymns of Finnish Devil Worship)? Probably the first good music Werwolf has put out in the past 10 years under Satanic Warmaster. Okay actually Fimbulwinter was pretty good, but between that and Carelian Satanist Madness he didn't release anything worthwhile.
Edited by Helvius Pertinax Augustus, Aug 8 2016, 04:21 AM.

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
狼牙風風拳

Wait what? There's that many different kinds of metals?
Posted Image

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

Mudvayne, Pantera, Danzig, Motorhead, Korn, Alice in Chains (controversial I know, I don't consider them to be dominantly grunge), Fear Factory, Slipknot, System of a Down, Tool, Lamb of God, Deftones, Stratovarius, Coal Chamber, Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson, Mushroomhead, Skillet, Saliva, Sevendust, Static-X

You'll notice there's a lot of dead people in that list lol.
Posted Image

Credit to NinjaSushi for the colouring

Member Avatar

SSbardock84
Aug 8 2016, 04:13 AM
YesI left out NWOBHM/Heavy metal on accident, that's a pretty big genre as well. Iron Maiden and stuff.

Quote:

Mudvayne, Pantera, Danzig, Motorhead, Korn, Alice in Chains (controversial I know, I don't consider them to be dominantly grunge), Fear Factory, Slipknot, System of a Down, Tool, Lamb of God, Deftones, Stratovarius, Coal Chamber, Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson, Mushroomhead, Skillet, Saliva, Sevendust, Static-X

Some, and I'd venture to say most of those bands don't actually produce metal. Some of them I've never heard of so I don't know about those bands.
Edited by Helvius Pertinax Augustus, Aug 8 2016, 04:19 AM.

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

SSbardock84
Metal is the supergenre. In the same way there are many types of rap, there are many types of metal.

If you want a good way to jump into them, I suggest the documentary "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" and its sequel "Global Metal" where it delves into the different international metals in existence.

Personally I am a fan of Power Metal and Heavy Mithril.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

Jar-Jar Binks
Aug 8 2016, 04:17 AM
SSbardock84
YesI left out NWOBHM/Heavy metal on accident, that's a pretty big genre as well. Iron Maiden and stuff.

Quote:

Some, and I'd venture to say most of those bands don't actually produce metal. Some of them I've never heard of so I don't know about those bands.
I'd venture to say you're talking out of your a***. With the exception of perhaps two or three (which is debatable anyway). They're all well-established names in the metal community.
Posted Image

Member Avatar

Pantera, Danzig and Motorhead are the only bands you listed that produced/have produced metal. I have never heard of Fear Factory, Stratovarius, Coal Chamber, Mushroomhead, Saliva, Sevendust, or Static-X though so they could produce metal. I generally stick to Black metal or Death metal nowadays.
Edited by Helvius Pertinax Augustus, Aug 8 2016, 04:27 AM.

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

Fear Factory and Stratovarius are older metal. If you know Pantera and Motorhead you should know them too.

Posted Image

The Emperor Protects

Member Avatar

Yeah I don't listen to Pantera or Motorhead at all. Like I said I generally only listen to Black metal like Immortal and Emperor or death metal like Massacre or Dismembere as examples of popular/iconic bands in their genres.

Edited by Helvius Pertinax Augustus, Aug 8 2016, 04:34 AM.

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

Jar-Jar Binks
Aug 8 2016, 04:25 AM
Pantera, Danzig and Motorhead are the only bands you listed that produced/have produced metal. I have never heard of Fear Factory, Stratovarius, Coal Chamber, Mushroomhead, Saliva, Sevendust, or Static-X though so they could produce metal. I generally stick to Black metal or Death metal nowadays.
You need to get your ears checked. Fear Factory, Stratovarius, Coal Chamber, Mushroomhead, Saliva, Sevendust, and Static-X have been making metal since the 90's, with Fear Factory and Stratovarius going back to the 80's. Disturbed has been making metal since their inception, as have Mudvayne, as have Korn (although in recent times they've strayed into electronic/dubstep stuff), Alice in Chains literally blur the damn line between metal and grunge, Slipknot have produced metal since their inception as well...

Do you not consider certain genres of metal, metal? Because pretty much every band I listed have made multiple songs that classify under metal or are strictly metal (Granted, most of them are from the Nu-metal surge around the late 90's). The only ones that can be disputed (and even then it's shaky) is Alice in Chains, Saliva, and Drowning Pool. Drowning Pool specifically has the infamously hated "Bodies" incase you haven't heard of it, it's quite literally what most people think of when they think of metal. It's that stereotypically metal.
Posted Image

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

The only borderline case in that list was Alice in Chains and even Ulti admits that much.

Posted Image

The Emperor Protects

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Music · Next Topic »

//