Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Post an Awesome Song
Topic Started: Jul 25 2016, 12:34 AM (3,359 Views)
Dankness Flame
Member Avatar
The Dankest Of Flames

There are a plethora of well-crafted/very fun songs out there to be explored by all of us. Here, you can post any songs you really enjoy from any genre or musician. No hate here please, save that for your personal social circles. Links to the songs would be appreciated, but not necessary.

I'll start with Stricken by Disturbed.

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

Alright, let's try a few different genres.

Beck - Loser

A classic a lot of you are probably aware of even if you couldn't pick the artist or title. Beck is a pretty experimental artist, I mean he plays fifteen instruments so it would be a shame if he wasn't. A fair number of people think he's lost it or don't like the direction he ended up going in. I disagree and think most of what he's put out was pretty great but Loser is still his best song. A lot of the lyrics are pretty nonsensical, as Beck himself admits, but it's got this very deliberate tone that resonates throughout the song.

Childish Gambino - 3005

It's a real shame that Childish Gambino is known to a lot of people for being a bit of a meme. True, he brings a bit of it on himself - I mean calling your album 'Because the Internet' is sort of asking for it, not to mention that he's known more for being a comedian. But he has a pretty decent flow I think and he hits on topics that many 20-somethings can relate to. I wasn't sure whether to post this or Sober to reflect what I lke about him but I think 3005 has a more general appeal plus is pretty well known.

Miike Snow - Genghis Khan

I'll be honest, I'm posting this for the video. But I do really like the song! It's just so upbeat and is so easy to get in to. This really works with the lyrics to because it's about a douchebag that is trying to justify manipulating an ex he doesn't care for. Miike Snow are pretty great in general and I would definitely recommend checking them out, particularly their new album which is very strong. Also look out for the guy's out of control hand at about 2:25 in the video, never fails to make me laugh.

Catfish and the Bottlemen - 7

Skip to about 35 seconds in for the actual song. I really dig the singers voice, it's mostly the reason I listen to these guys. Usually the music is competent but nothing special. Not to say this song is especially experimental or anything but it all just fits really well together. I also like the shift in tone that occurs throughout.

The Cure - Boys Don't Cry

It's The Cure, I need no other reason.

The Avalanches - Since I Left You

The Avalances are GOAT. Okay, an exaggeration clearly after the hype of their new album but it's hard to deny how influential they were. Plunderphonics was not invented by them, there were other prominent artists that heavily relied on samples to compile music, but the Avalanches really perfected it IMO. Since I Left You is one of the most complete albums I have ever listened to. It has a clear theme that runs throughout and each song flows in to the next perfectly, makes call backs to other songs on the album etc. It's one of those records you should listen to in one sitting. This is the lead single from that album, start here and work your way through.

Drake - Take Care (ft. Rhianna)

This is one of the best pop songs of the last decade. I am completely serious. The first reason for that is the absolutely stellar production of the record. Just listen to that hook man! Honestly gives me chills. The initial song is from the late 50's (Rhianna's lyrics are taken directly from the chorus of that song) and was remixed by Jamie xx in 2011. That version without Drake and Rhianna is pretty great too (possibly better) and has the original artist singing. I really like Drake's verses on this, it tells a story of a guy who tries not to be judgemental about his girl but is filled with doubt about it. Refreshingly honest and self-reflective.

Japandroids - Younger Us

If you like pop punk, then definitely check these guys out. They have two great albums (release more plz) that are chocked full of heavy guitar, light angst, and shouty lyrics. A lot of their songs are very to the point and keep up the energy all the way through, which is great. I like that they take themselves seriously while still having fun with it. They aren't beyond throwing some jokey stuff in to their lyrics but their songs generally have a point to them. This one is probably my favourite because it's able to pinpoint a specific time in my life, basically what I'm living through now. I'm still young, going through all of the late nights and early mornings. This kind of reminds me that one day this will all come to an end and I should enjoy it while I still can. For this one, the audio quality in the youtube videos is s*** so try find a better source if you can. That mostly goes for all songs really but it's very noticeable on this.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I'll pick a song that has awesome in the title.
That already makes it awesome, right?

Posted Image

"For just like you I made myself a work of art."

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Thought I'd heard all of their unplugged set but I've never heard this one before.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Posted Image

+ Sandy Shore
No Avatar

G-L-O-R-I-ous.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Highway to the Danger Zone, ride into the Danger Zone~
Posted Image

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

I take your Kenny Loggins and raise you a Stan Bush.

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Awesome, Pel, that's actually my favourite song from that movie even.
So have at thee!

Posted Image

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

12inch extended version. Should be the only version in my opinion.

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Movie songs too, eh?
Well we all know which one's the awesomest.

Posted Image

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
狼牙風風拳

I'm pretty psyched about the new Skillet album coming out tomorrow, so I'll post one of their songs on the album.
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Posted Image

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Dat drummer.

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Music · Next Topic »

//