Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Xenoverse 2 general thread.
Topic Started: May 26 2016, 06:09 PM (15,632 Views)
Notaka
Member Avatar
OBAMA?!

I made this topic in case you all wanted to talk about xenoverse 2.

I really hope they tone down the RNG.
Jesus, it was horrible in xenoverse.
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

I hope they balance characters more. Don't make custom characters extremely OP, making the online mode nothing but Fanfic Ball Z fights. I'm not a fan of custom characters in games that are based on other franchises because they take away the point of having a game on a franchise in the first place - being able to play as all your favourite characters.

And then make it so the actual show-characters don't have just massive differences. I get that it's logical for Appule to be insanely weaker than SSJG Goku, but it's a video game and there should be some balancing. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they just removed stats altogether, and have every character be the same strength (with transformations still increasing power - but nerf the whole infinite beam spam while in Super Saiyan thing).

3v3 fighting should be removed because the battle system having to be based on 3v3 made it feel more like a random beat 'em up, and made the 1v1 fighting extremely shallow.

RNG should also go, as stated above.
Posted Image

Tinny
Member Avatar

I actually quite like custom characters personally, but I definitely think online versus should be restricted to the established characters, and ssj needs to be toned down. The idea is solid but spamming Ultimates shouldn't be possible.
Edited by Tinny, May 26 2016, 06:27 PM.
Posted Image
Above signature created by Graffiti
Online Profile Quote Top

Notaka
Member Avatar
OBAMA?!

I also didn't like how a saiyan's hair just becomes blond after turning into a super saiyan.

It might work for people that have Gohan or Vegeta hair, but it comes off to me as lazy.

I also disliked how a Freeza's clan character can't transform.
Not to mention the inability to create a Super Buu/Kid Buu like male majin or a fat buu like female majin.
Posted Image

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

Tone the RNG down

No more infinite ultimate spam Super Saiyans.

Since this is a what if sort of game, add some f***ing what if transformations for the other races. If only for balance reasons.

Have only small but noticeable increases to damage values and the like for transformations.

Allow Ape transformations or size increases in-game.
Posted Image

Credit to NinjaSushi for the colouring
Online Profile Quote Top

Tinny
Member Avatar

Actually I think aside from spamming the super saiyan stuff wasn't that great? I'm not too sure but I don't remember it being that good.

But honestly some transformations could be good, perhaps Majins going to kid buu-esque in a super mode they experience. Not sure what Namekians get though that'd be unique to them.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

Tinny
May 26 2016, 06:26 PM
I actually quite like custom characters personally, but I definitely think online versus should be restricted to the established characters, and ssj needs to be toned down. The idea is solid but spamming Ultimates shouldn't be possible.
I think there should be two modes. "Ranked" for custom characters with custom equipment and stats and the like. And then just casual which is limited to DBZ characters.
Posted Image

+ Solid Snake
Member Avatar
滅Are you frightened?

They should Aldo improve the fighting mechanics, Dimps worked on Street Fighter 4 and 5 for goodness sake, I know they can get the fighting down pack.
Posted Image
Shinnozou tomete kureru! ~ Evil Ryu

SSJG and SSJ4 Goku Sig

Dragon Ball: Ultimate Road Story

Naruto and Goku's Adventure Story

Tinny
Member Avatar

Clearin
May 26 2016, 06:47 PM
Tinny
May 26 2016, 06:26 PM
I think there should be two modes. "Ranked" for custom characters with custom equipment and stats and the like. And then just casual which is limited to DBZ characters.
Actually I think I'd have it the other way around honestly, the ones the companies create they can make clear counters and balances and so on, casual you do whatever you want, including crazy ideas or stupidly OP crap (which should still be regulated but still), to which they have less control.

Kind of like how it is in hearthstone I think it should be, only one should have only the established characters (for a given value of that), the other allows player made guys.
Edited by Tinny, May 26 2016, 06:58 PM.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

I heard a suggestion I rather like. Eliminate the use of Z-Souls by custom characters, and make them exclusive to official Dragon Ball characters. I think that would go a long way in balancing custom characters with official characters. Putting balancing issues aside, I'm mostly interested in improvements to the gameplay. Cancels are a must for any Dragon Ball game I feel. Honestly, a lack of cancels in BT3 is one of the major reason I don't like BT3 as much as I like BT2. Oh, I also hope they fix how transformations work. DIMPS really needs to use Budokai 3's system for transformations. As long as you have energy, you maintain the form, and if you're using someone like Freeza, staggering shouldn't cause reversion because that's simply not how Freeza's transformations work. Honestly, I'm surprised this was overlooked in Burst Limit. As for the RNG, I'd rather that be done away with entirely. I'd rather specific conditions be met instead. Regarding the character roster, this is what I'd like to see, and I'd hope they maintain the tradition of assigning certain transformations to certain costumes:
Character Roster
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, May 26 2016, 07:04 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

StrawHatCrew
Member Avatar

As for the roster, why shouldn't:

Future Trunks have Super-Saiyan Grade-II

Vegeta have Super-Saiyan Grade-III

Goku have both

Vegetto & Gogeta have Super-Saiyan 2 & Super-Saiyan 3

Gotenks have Super-Saiyan 2

Cell have power-weighted

and probably more???

They might not have shown some, but we know they were capable or they were shown to be capable of those forms, so I don't know why those forms can't be in the game, too.

Posted Image

+ Solid Snake
Member Avatar
滅Are you frightened?

ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
May 26 2016, 07:01 PM
I heard a suggestion I rather like. Eliminate the use of Z-Souls by custom characters, and make them exclusive to official Dragon Ball characters. I think that would go a long way in balancing custom characters with official characters. Putting balancing issues aside, I'm mostly interested in improvements to the gameplay. Cancels are a must for any Dragon Ball game I feel. Honestly, a lack of cancels in BT3 is one of the major reason I don't like BT3 as much as I like BT2. Oh, I also hope they fix how transformations work. DIMPS really needs to use Budokai 3's system for transformations. As long as you have energy, you maintain the form, and if you're using someone like Freeza, staggering shouldn't cause reversion because that's simply not how Freeza's transformations work. Honestly, I'm surprised this was overlooked in Burst Limit. As for the RNG, I'd rather that be done away with entirely. I'd rather specific conditions be met instead. Regarding the character roster, this is what I'd like to see, and I'd hope they maintain the tradition of assigning certain transformations to certain costumes:
Character Roster
Cooler, why would you make Meta Cooler a costume swap when Meta Cooler has regen and that robotic lock on?
Posted Image
Shinnozou tomete kureru! ~ Evil Ryu

SSJG and SSJ4 Goku Sig

Dragon Ball: Ultimate Road Story

Naruto and Goku's Adventure Story

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

I want more characters for one and for the Super Saiyan transformation to be different. I want it more like the older games where when you transform you stay in that transformation unless you transform again or revert to base form. And no more of the spam of the Ultimate Attacks to go along with it. I also want more customizations for the character, mainly with the different hairstyles. Having more transformations then 1 and 2 would be nice too. I could see Suprr Saiyan Blue coming in as well.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Spoiler: click to toggle

Spoiler: click to toggle

StrawHatCrew
Member Avatar

Not sure why people are angry that they actually made transformations mean something in this game. In most of the old games it was basically just a palette-swap or a visual change. Nothing else. At-least they tried to make the transformation useful in Xeno-Verse and there be a reason to transform instead of "I just want to change him to Super-Saiyan because he looks kewler".
Edited by StrawHatCrew, May 26 2016, 08:16 PM.
Posted Image

Notaka
Member Avatar
OBAMA?!

And by useful you mean broken.
A super saiyan is a transformation that should buff stats, so why make it able to spam ultimates ?
Posted Image

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Gaming · Next Topic »

//