Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Chapter 10
Topic Started: Mar 15 2016, 07:03 PM (12,137 Views)
+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

Chapter 10 is out, and well, not much to say really. The action is better than the anime's, go figure, and the manga has essentially caught up to where the anime is. One thing to note though is that Piccolo's fight was drastically cut down; Piccolo didn't even attempt to go for the Makankosappo before Frost knocked him out of the ring:

Oh, and here's the cover for the Super manga, I like it:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Mar 15 2016, 07:11 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita
Offline Profile Quote Top

Fearless Saiyajin
Member Avatar
Legendary of Super Saiyan

When I watched the preview, it shows that Piccolo was having a time with Frost
DragonballZeta
Posted Image

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

Goku vs Frost is longer, but it's really nothing special. Their fight in the last chapter was amazing but here it's just lacking.

Piccolo vs Frost is just terrible in the manga version. Piccolo removing his weights made no difference, so I'm not even sure why it's there. Either have him take them off at the start of the match like the anime, or have him get hit by Frost's blasts, then remove them so he has enough speed to dodge them. And what exactly was Piccolo's plan? If people thought Piccolo's treatment in the anime was bad, then I can't imagine how they'd react to this. At least the Anime gave Piccolo a whole episode to himself, here he's just thrown in to a few pages, and he doesn't do anything with that time.

It just turned a pretty crappy anime episode into an even crappier manga chapter.

There's honestly nothing better about this chapter than the anime this time, outside of better art (and of course the lack of bad animation). Maybe there will be some cool lines that weren't in the anime.
Edited by Clearin, Mar 15 2016, 09:33 PM.
Posted Image

Judau Ashtha
Member Avatar

lol, I guess Piccolo fans must be bummed out by this. Anyhow, I think that the manga version of the fight is probably more of an accurate version of Piccolo's fight with frost, if I look at it in an hindsight. I knew it, there was no way in hell could Piccolo just jump to Perfect Cell/Buu levels within few months or with just a single skirmish with Gohan(if we go by anime). The manga version of Piccols's fight sucks compared to the anime version, but hey, it still shows the accurate version of Piccolo, that is, he is still a weak-a**. Also, why do people even compare the animation of the manga with the anime. The manga is just a small collection of still images whereas the anime is a collection of a much larger set of still images. Obviously, for most of the cases, the manga will look better than(or equal to) the anime since manga will involve less number of still images to draw than the anime counterpart.

You know I actually felt bad for the other characters who were not chosen for the tournament or couldn't participate in the tournament for some reason like Buu, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, 18, All humans etc but in an hindsight I am actually thankful that they weren't involved.
Edited by Judau Ashtha, Mar 15 2016, 10:37 PM.
Posted Image

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
孫 悟空

Just finished reading it. I preferred Piccolo and Frost's fight in the anime but it seems like they made Frost more weak in the manga. Every time I read the monthly manga for this it makes me happy just to see how good the drawings are. I just wish the anime looked as good.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

Frost Demon Mint
Member Avatar
I Am Sustained

So, not only was there no mention of the Frost being a pirate nonsense, but he also specifically said there was no money involved in the tournament, which was why he cheated in the anime.

I realize it'd be too optimistic to think he's not a bad guy in this version, but there's a decent chance they'll at least tone down the literally blue Freeza thing, I think.
Posted Image

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
孫 悟空

Frost Demon Mint
Mar 23 2016, 11:04 AM
So, not only was there no mention of the Frost being a pirate nonsense, but he also specifically said there was no money involved in the tournament, which was why he cheated in the anime.

I realize it'd be too optimistic to think he's not a bad guy in this version, but there's a decent chance they'll at least tone down the literally blue Freeza thing, I think.
Honestly I just feel like they're trying to speed through it so they can catch up with the anime. I believe that he is still the same character that we are seeing in the anime and same ambitions.
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Latest Manga Chapter Discussion · Next Topic »

//