Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Chapter 8; Spoilers, duh!
Topic Started: Jan 18 2016, 03:19 PM (18,666 Views)
+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

Ok, Chapter 8 got leaked, and while I don't currently possess a ton of information, I'll provide more as it comes. As of right now, Boo failed the test. So... Gohan...?
EDIT: Goku is fighting Botamo, the bear-dude.
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Jan 18 2016, 03:21 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita
Offline Profile Quote Top

Thiln
Member Avatar

Why am I not surprised by Buu's failure? He was never actually known for his intellectual capacity. He was hyped up as a major participant in the tournament since chapter 6, yet his sub-par qualifications leave him unable to contribute. I'm sure Beerus can't be all too happy with Vegeta's written test suggestion coming back as a detriment to his team. Plus, if Buu can be knocked out before the tournament even begins then what's stopping Piccolo from being kicked out as well? Our favourite Super Namekian just got moved up to the top of the scapegoat list.

Can't say I expected Goku to fight first or that he would be the one to have Botamo as an opponent. The fight so far is...underwhelming. It's a pretty generic choreographical execution with nothing to have it stand out. If all the fights are going to be like this then the Champa arc is shaping up to be a potential disappointment as well.
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

Well, is it any worse than the manga's choreography? I know you don't think super highly of it anymore. Anyway, I also hear that Kyabe is super polite.
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Jan 18 2016, 03:53 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

Thiln
Member Avatar

ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
Jan 18 2016, 03:52 PM
Well, is it any worse than the manga's choreography? I know you don't think super highly of it anymore. Anyway, I also hear that Kyabe is super polite.
The earlier stuff during the DB era was good; recycled, but good. The stuff we're getting now leaves a lot to be desired. It's mostly unimaginative punches and kicks dressed up in vibrant auras and explosions to give the illusion of impressiveness.

Kyabe actually seems interesting. His forwardness and polite attitude towards the opposing team stood out the most in this chapter, especially given the fact that he's a Saiyan by birth. I hope we see more of him.
Posted Image

ekrolo2
Member Avatar

Where are you guys reading the chapter or rather, the info about it?

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

ekrolo2
Jan 18 2016, 04:06 PM
Where are you guys reading the chapter or rather, the info about it?
The Super Manga section on Kanzenshuu.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

More stuff! Character art and descriptions

alakazam^

Spoiler: click to toggle

Frost: If you thought "Hm!? This looks like...!!", then you're absolutely right. This is the emperor of the 6th Universe, hiding something!! Which means, is this his 1st form!?

Cabba/Kyabe/Cabe: There are Saiyajin in the 6th Universe as well. Cabba is one of them!! It seems their battle suit/armor is vastly different from the ones Vegeta and the Saiyajin of the 7th Universe have. So, what is "his" true strength? <- They don't use gender pronouns when talking about Cabba.

Magetta: He has smoke coming out of his head and has something burning in his body!! He seems like a robot but, actually, he's an alien from a species called "Metalman". What techniques does he use!?

Botamo: From Botamo, at first glance, we can see he looks like a bear and is very proud of his strength!! What is currently known about him is that all his body is glossy and hairless!!

Hit: With his cool outfit, which looks like he's wearing a long coat, there's no doubt he's a warrior!! There's a dangerous feel to the name "Hit"...

Monaka: The greatest war potencial of the 7th Universe!? A hero with a name meaning "The Great Ponta (Nipple)". A powerful person that gives Beers-sama a hard time but will we see what he's worth!?

EDIT: Also, the name of the planet the Saiyans came from:
EmmaWinters

Cabba's probably from Planet Salad, which I'm pretty sure is the original Saiyan planet. Vegeta seems to recognize it, saying there was some sort of internal conflict & some Saiyans left to Planet Vegeta. I think Salad was destroyed, not sure how though. As fun as this is, I'm just gonna let Herms do the rest.
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Jan 18 2016, 05:36 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

Professor Gohan
No Avatar

"Planet Salad" is better than "Planet Saiya."

That was a smooth explanation about the Saiyans. I know well that it was mentioned in original sources, "The Saiyans had a war amongst each other"

There's filler of the "washed-out" Saiyan city and all.

lazerbem
Member Avatar

Frost's anatomy kind of bothers me. The shoulder plates and hip plates appear to be organic, which was something not seen in Freeza. Also, how does he get pants on so that his shin plates aren't covered?

I do like the teaser at him being able to transform, however
Posted Image
𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕧 𝕖

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

lazerbem
Jan 18 2016, 06:26 PM
Frost's anatomy kind of bothers me. The shoulder plates and hip plates appear to be organic, which was something not seen in Freeza. Also, how does he get pants on so that his shin plates aren't covered?

I do like the teaser at him being able to transform, however
Well he's not Freeza, so his design not looking like Freeza isn't an issue :P

What pants?
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

Here's more-ish stuff:
TheDevilsCorpse

--Piccolo says Frost's presence doesn't feel violent.
--Cabba's clothes are what Saiyans wore before the annexation by Freeza.
--Cabba doesn't seem to recognize the name Freeza.
--Cabba is from Planet Salad.
--In Universe 7, Salad was the Saiyan homeworld as well, before it was destroyed by "internal discord". Once destroyed, the U7 Saiyans stole another planet and named it "Planet Vegeta".
--Universe 6 Saiyans have lost their tails via the evolution process.
--Universe 6 Saiyans are still a warrior race, but they donít steal planets. They are actually employed to take down evil beings.
--Vegeta wants to visit planet Salad and Cabba says okay since they don't steal planets anymore.
--Test has 10 questions, anything above 50% is passing.
--Buu fails everything and didn't even write his name right.
--Goku barely passed with a 50%.
--Order is determined by Janken: Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta. Beerus demanded Monaka was last.
--There's a "Space-tional Anthem"..."SPACE IS VAAAAASTTTT!"
--Botamo is Champa's first fighter, so Goku vs. Botamo.
--Goku runs around like a fool because he ate too much and needs to work it off before he can fight properly.
--Champa admits he underestimated Beerus' Saiyans, but suggests Botamo has his own surprises.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

Yu Narukami
Member Avatar
Izanagi!

I've gotta admit, Cabba sounds really interesting. It's funny, to be honest; I figured they'd be the one I'd hate the most, as they're just a U6 Saiyan, but the backstory is intriguing and it seems like they're genuinely a good person. Can't wait to see where the story goes with them.
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

IKR! Kyabe was the character I was least interested in, and now he's the most interesting, aside from Frost of course :lol: .
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

Quote:

--Test has 10 questions, anything above 50% is passing.

Quote:

--Goku barely passed with a 50%.

These contradict each other.

Quote:

--Universe 6 Saiyans have lost their tails via the evolution process.

That's weird. Tails were such a huge deal in the Saiyan saga. Oozaru was basically a Saiyan's trump card. I guess they evolved to not have them because of their weakness?
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
破壊王子

The same happened to the Saiyans in Universe 7. Toriyama said tails became obsolete, therefore stopped growing.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Latest Manga Chapter Discussion · Next Topic »

//