Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
General Discussions - Movies & TV
Topic Started: Nov 11 2015, 06:28 AM (7,813 Views)
Zoom
Member Avatar

I made this thread because i want to talk about certain movies at first i thought it was brilliant, but after buying the dvd and re-watching it I've changed my mind.
X-Men: Days of Future Past was one movie i thought it was great when i watched at the cinemas, i gave this 8.5/10. But after watching it again at home, i'm leaning towards 7.5/10.

What do you think of the after having some time to think about it, and what other movies do you think should deserve a less rating?
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

There are some movies that are just made to watch it on the big screen. They unfortunately don't have the same impact on you the second time you watch it on a small screen.
Posted Image

Piccolo: Just how many people have you sacrificed?!

Cell: Sacrifice? Hmph, rubbish! On the contrary, it is an honor to become a fraction of my power.

Zoom
Member Avatar

Wonder Woman news

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/WonderWoman/

+ Steve
Member Avatar
Greetings. I will be your waifu this season.

*thread CPR no jutsu*

I feel like we should make this topic live, just to talk about movie and TV stuff that doesn't necessarily require a topic.

So yeah, let's try keep this going instead of reviving old topics needlessly.

For instance, I just watched X-Men: Apocalypse

I thought it was pretty damn good, thought it would be terrible but other than some wonky CGI is was great. Not my favourite X-Men movie by any means but it definitely feels like it has breathed new life in to the series.

Why is Quicksilver so gosh darn awesome?

Honestly I feel like it was a lot better than Age of Ultron but maybe that's just because X-Men holds more nostalgia for me.

Also watched Razorback lately, that movie is hilarious, the so bad it's good kind of hilarious.

Anyone seen anything good lately be it new or old, TV or movie?
Posted Image

Definitely not a succubus, fear not
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Been watching a BBC thing called Fleabag. It's a sitcom about a woman who's neurotic and breaks the fourth wall a lot. Quite funny but very weird.

Also from the BBC I've been watching The Secret Agent. It's about a secret agent in Victorian London and it's quite good.

Going to see Star Trek tomorrow either with or without my brother. Heard good things about it. I just wish they would stop destroying The Enterprise every film. It's becoming a cliche.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Yeah the Enterprise is just some paper maché piece of s*** in those movies.

I'm vaguely interested in that the trailers didn't do much for me but these days I try to only watch one trailer for a movie anyway.

Still not sure about Suicide Squad, really feel like it's going to be average at best. The marketing has been ridiculous it's like they're determined to make people love it just because some fan favourite characters are in it and a few decent actors.
Posted Image

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

If the reviews are good then I shall see it on my birthday. Some people say I should probably make up my own mind rather than rely on the opinions of reviews but nuts to them I say. I have similar tastes in films to these reviewers so what they think is usually along the same lines as what I think as well. I haven't yet vastly disagreed with Red Letter Media. Although I have greatly with Chris Stuckman a few times. The Babadook was not that good.

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I've heard people saying Suicide Squad sucked. Dear God please don't let that be the truth, because this would be the third time the DCEU f***ed up. And I want this to turn out better than the MCU, hopefully the Justice League movie ends up being better than The Avengers (2012).

Also Steve, you need to remind yourself that everything the Avengers do, the X-Men do better. Comics, cartoons, movies, etc, the Avengers can't top them, and neither can the JL.

I'm planning on re-watching the 2003 TMNT show, that's all I have to say right now. I remember it being a fantastic show, the best depiction and adaptation of the turtles by far, and because while doing the Leatherhead respect thread I could only remember all the good bits from the show, even if the last few seasons were a bit too much. The show should've ended way before all the cyber and futuristic and anime stuff appeared.
Posted Image

Cell: Sacrifice? Hmph, rubbish! On the contrary, it is an honor to become a fraction of my power.

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Saw Star Trek today. Not that great but not awful by any stretch. At least it wasn't a confusing mess like the previous one. Simon Pegg obviously knows how to do basic story structure.

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Steve
Jul 29 2016, 11:59 PM
X-Men: Apocalypse was the only legit good thing I have watched in forever.
Posted Image

Dbzk1999
Default Avatar

Darker
Jul 30 2016, 07:45 PM
Steve
Really? I personally found it to be subpar. Anyways, I started rewatching Samurai Jack in preparation for the new season. So weird noticing things that I didn't pay much attention to as a child
Posted Image

Until the Battle is Won

USMA 2021

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

Pelador
Jul 30 2016, 12:26 AM
Been watching a BBC thing called Fleabag. It's a sitcom about a woman who's neurotic and breaks the fourth wall a lot. Quite funny but very weird.
I was thinking of giving this a try. Looked interesting. Would you recommend it?

I just finished the first two seasons of The Last Man On Earth. Loved it. I hate when I start a show with only 1 or 2 seasons and then end up really enjoying it. Sucks to have to wait months between new series'. But yeah, the show's great. I'll probably rewatch it when the third season comes out.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

I do recommend it. Although you might not like the main character since she's such a selfish a*****.

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Dbzk1999
Jul 30 2016, 09:06 PM
Darker
Jul 30 2016, 07:45 PM
Steve
Really? I personally found it to be subpar.
Obviously that's just me being an X-Men fan. I love every variation and incarnation of this franchise, I've loved nearly every X-Men comic, cartoon and movie, and the Apocalypse film didn't disappoint. It was fun and dark, two things the MCU and DCEU are trying to be while failing hard, while this movie succeeds and does its thing really well. Oscar Isaac as Apoc was awesome. Perhaps not as epic as he could've been, since he wasn't as big as Apocalypse originally is, and his voice isn't as intimidating, but he nailed the character perfectly, and that's all that matters. The MCU and the DCEU have so far handled all the characters quite poorly.

I'm glad future generations will look at the X-Men: Apocalypse movie and see Apocalypse as he truly is, without having to tell them about the original characters and how they originally behaved. Unlike Ultron in the MCU, who's a pathetic excuse for a villain, or MCU Hulk who's nothing more than your generic brute, something that Hulk IS NOT. And let's not talk about what the DCEU is doing to Superman and Batman, dear god, they're taking the Frank Miller route. In the nearby future, some will have to tell the fans of these movies that Ultron is not some dumb robot that makes jokes all the time, that Hulk isn't a stupid ape, and that neither Superman or Batman are crazy a*****.

And just because I can, I'll post this video of Apocalypse from the 90s X-Men show.

"You presume to attempt to destroy me, mutant? You shall pay for your hubris, RIGHT NOOOOWWWW!!!"

A shame they don't make cartoons like these anymore.
Posted Image

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Darker
Jul 30 2016, 07:14 PM
Also Steve, you need to remind yourself that everything the Avengers do, the X-Men do better. Comics, cartoons, movies, etc, the Avengers can't top them, and neither can the JL.
Yeah I have higher hopes for the X-Men movie universe now.

It seems to me like Apocalypse may have been their last ditch attempt to get it going, the crappy CGI at times suggests that the budget was...less than exceptional.

But they still dished out a good movie so I'm sure they made plenty bank and reputation to get it going again.

I feel like X-Men is the happy medium between DC and Marvel right now. The DCEU is way too gritty for most people and the MCU is too fun and happy for others.
X-Men has it's comedy but not too much and a good amount of grit for it not to be kids stuff.

That Wolverine scene was f***ing great, why couldn't we have had that sort of action in his other movies? The first time he's truly seemed like a weapon in any of the movies, rather than just some action hero.

As for Apocalypse himself I thought for sure they'd f*** him up but he was great.
He wasn't so underpowered that he was pathetic but he wasn't so overpowered that defeating him was ridiculous.
The only things I didn't really like were
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Television and Films · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91