Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
2015 World Tournament; Busterino vs Animelover5487
Topic Started: Feb 23 2015, 09:12 PM (973 Views)
EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

Topic: "Vegeta vs 1st Form Freeza"

Start Date: 02/23/2015

End Date: 03/01/2015 (This Sunday)

Debate will end this Sunday though if you finish sooner that's fine. Good luck to the two of you.

Only the two debaters here may post in the topic.

I was asked to just give a topic here. In this case, you two will be doing Vegeta vs 1st Form Freeza. You can compare, contrast their powers. Pick a side on who you believe holds the advantage, etcs or agree on the same thing but debate it differently.
Posted Image
Render created by: "Dark Matter"
Signature created by: "Graffiti"

Offline Profile Quote Top

* Riot
Member Avatar
Renoir

My argument for this is that Vegeta is somewhere in the 450.000 range, which means that he will ultimately lose this matchup although I believe he'd put up a great fight. Main headers for my argument are:

1) He's extremely confident. Frieza powers up and "reminds him" how strong he is, meaning Vegeta already probably new, yet he felt confident.
2) At the same time, he wasn't confident enough to fight Freeza on his own. He claims he can beat Freeza only if both Krillin and Gohan are fighting alongside him. Which means that he might not be strong enough to beat Freeza on his own, but if they all fight together, according to Vegeta himself, they can manage. Gohan supports this statement. AFTER seeing how Vegeta's strenght compares to Freeza's own.
3) Still, Gohan and Krillin are terrified of Freeza. They dodge out of the way as soon as Freeza jumps off the cliff, having Vegeta stand in front oh him.
4) Vegeta's still nervous: you can see him sweating a lot, even when talking to Frieza.
5) But the biggest thing that compares how well Vegeta fares against Freeza is their direct struggle: Vegeta is able to keep up. He's struggling more than Freiza (he has those "" things on his head lmao), but he's good enough to make Freeza's scouter explode straight up. Freeza then aknowledges that Vegeta might have been saying the truth after all. aka even Frieza thinks that the team could possibly take him down.

tl;dr: Vegeta's right about 85% of Frieza's power, meaning he'd give him a rough fight, but he's still not strong enough to compare. Statements from various characters (Gohan, Freeza himself) imply that he may not be full of **** for once lmao.

Awaiting for your move =]
Posted Image
Do I Wanna Know?
If This Feeling Flows Both Ways

Animelover5487
Member Avatar

Busterino
Feb 27 2015, 10:00 PM
My argument for this is that Vegeta is somewhere in the 450.000 range, which means that he will ultimately lose this matchup although I believe he'd put up a great fight. Main headers for my argument are:

1) He's extremely confident. Frieza powers up and "reminds him" how strong he is, meaning Vegeta already probably new, yet he felt confident.
2) At the same time, he wasn't confident enough to fight Freeza on his own. He claims he can beat Freeza only if both Krillin and Gohan are fighting alongside him. Which means that he might not be strong enough to beat Freeza on his own, but if they all fight together, according to Vegeta himself, they can manage. Gohan supports this statement. AFTER seeing how Vegeta's strenght compares to Freeza's own.
3) Still, Gohan and Krillin are terrified of Freeza. They dodge out of the way as soon as Freeza jumps off the cliff, having Vegeta stand in front oh him.
4) Vegeta's still nervous: you can see him sweating a lot, even when talking to Frieza.
5) But the biggest thing that compares how well Vegeta fares against Freeza is their direct struggle: Vegeta is able to keep up. He's struggling more than Freiza (he has those "" things on his head lmao), but he's good enough to make Freeza's scouter explode straight up. Freeza then aknowledges that Vegeta might have been saying the truth after all. aka even Frieza thinks that the team could possibly take him down.

tl;dr: Vegeta's right about 85% of Frieza's power, meaning he'd give him a rough fight, but he's still not strong enough to compare. Statements from various characters (Gohan, Freeza himself) imply that he may not be full of **** for once lmao.

1. As you said Vegeta felt confident about taking on First Form Freeza, and it should also be noted that during their grapple Freeza was shocked by Vegeta's battle power and went right into his transformation afterwards, implying that it was higher than his own.

Chapter: 295 (DBZ 101), P12.5
Context: as his scouter shows Vegeta’s battle power, before it explodes
Freeza: “What!?”

2. They said that they could win if they all fought together because they were factoring in Freeza's estimated transformation power level.

3. Of course Gohan and Krillin are scared they didn't know exactly how powerful Freeza was before they saw his little grapple with Vegeta and were mostly relying on Vegeta's power to defeat him.

4. I think Vegeta was a little nervous because of how close his and First Form Freeza's power levels were, he secretly feared that Freeza's 2nd form would be too much for them. Kuririn after seeing their grapple noted that Freeza was unusually calm implying that he thought Vegeta's power level should have frightened him.

Chapter: 295 (DBZ 101), P13.5-6, P14.1
Context: after Freeza and Vegeta grapple for awhile, after Vegeta said they could win
Freeza: “I see…Seems that wasn’t a complete lie…”
Gohan: “It-it’s true…! If we 3 fight together, we might really be able to manage something…H-he really is absolutely incredible, but we’ve gotten better too…!”
Kuririn: “I-I see…! Since coming here Vegeta’s acquired such strength that he seems to have even further surpassed his limits…B-but…F-Freeza is oddly calm…Why?...”

5. Vegeta has those things on his head? You mean veins? Freeza's an alien and doesn't have human-like features like Vegeta so you can't measure how much effort their exerting by that. As I said Freeza's expression by his power reading and Freeza going straight into his transformation afterward support that Vegeta might be stronger.

* Riot
Member Avatar
Renoir

Animelover5487
Mar 7 2015, 03:55 AM
Busterino
Feb 27 2015, 10:00 PM

1. As you said Vegeta felt confident about taking on First Form Freeza, and it should also be noted that during their grapple Freeza was shocked by Vegeta's battle power and went right into his transformation afterwards, implying that it was higher than his own.

Chapter: 295 (DBZ 101), P12.5
Context: as his scouter shows Vegeta’s battle power, before it explodes
Freeza: “What!?”

2. They said that they could win if they all fought together because they were factoring in Freeza's estimated transformation power level.

3. Of course Gohan and Krillin are scared they didn't know exactly how powerful Freeza was before they saw his little grapple with Vegeta and were mostly relying on Vegeta's power to defeat him.

4. I think Vegeta was a little nervous because of how close his and First Form Freeza's power levels were, he secretly feared that Freeza's 2nd form would be too much for them. Kuririn after seeing their grapple noted that Freeza was unusually calm implying that he thought Vegeta's power level should have frightened him.

Context: after Freeza and Vegeta grapple for awhile, after Vegeta said they could win
Gohan: “It-it’s true…! If we 3 fight together, we might really be able to manage something…H-he really is absolutely incredible, but we’ve gotten better too…!”
Kuririn: “I-I see…! Since coming here Vegeta’s acquired such strength that he seems to have even further surpassed his limits…B-but…F-Freeza is oddly calm…Why?...”

5. Vegeta has those things on his head? You mean veins? Freeza's an alien and doesn't have human-like features like Vegeta so you can't measure how much effort their exerting by that. As I said Freeza's expression by his power reading and Freeza going straight into his transformation afterward support that Vegeta might be stronger.
1) He was shocked by Vegeta's battle power, true. But his remark was referring to the fact that Vegeta's team could be able to take him down together.

Gohan's quote renforces the idea that if they ALL fight together they might stand a chance. "We've gotten better too" is probably referring to himself and Krillin, meaning that they would have been of help during the fight.

2) Krillin and Gohan did not know Freeza could transform. Chapter 295, page 15. Their reaction to Vegeta telling Freeza to transform is "Tr-... Transform?!"

3) Fair enough.

4) Yeah that's probably true as well. They were pretty close, indeed. Freeza being awfully calm could be him referring to the fact that Freeza aknowledged that the trio together could possibly take him down.

5) We've seen Freeza sweating quite a lot. Even first form Freeza does it, both when Vegeta steals the Dragon Balls from him and when the Ginyu Force shows up. His final form also has veins. Not sure about first.

Not much else to dig around methinks? Your counter to this could possibly be the last post here.
Posted Image
Do I Wanna Know?
If This Feeling Flows Both Ways

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Debate Room · Next Topic »

//