Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Respect Threads
Topic Started: Nov 21 2014, 04:51 PM (26,461 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Users make a respect thread for a character in other versus, and the link will be edited into this OP. Incase you don't know what I mean by respect thread here's an example. Someone starts a respect thread for batman. Then people just start posting batman feats. It can be used as a quick reference for feats. Please include things like scans, quotes, and context.
By the way, just to be clear this isn't a one man thing. It's not just the OP who posts feats from the character. Anyone who wants to can contribute. So don't go crazy trying to find every feat of the character

If you copy a respect thread from another site, make sure to give credit where it's due

If you have any questions or suggestions let the mods and/or I know

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by lazerbem, Apr 8 2017, 08:10 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

DSTREET45
Member Avatar

This is a good idea. Will post some for Rurouni Kenshin characters when I get back from class.
Posted Image

+ Geralt of Rivia
Member Avatar

How ?

Posting something like respect thread for Raoh in other versus and you will link the link here?

Or post a thread with the title like Raoh's feat or what?
“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

You create a thread titled "character name respect thread". Either a mod or I will link the thread here in the OP. This will make it easier than having a million pinned respect threads or having to go through a bunch of pages for a certain character
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

So is this strictly based on feats?
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Do you mean do statements and stuff also count? Yeah sure why not
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Nov 21 2014, 09:47 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

Okay cool. I haven't seen anything like this done before. It sounds like a big project.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

DSTREET45
Member Avatar

Super Saiyan
Nov 21 2014, 09:58 PM
Okay cool. I haven't seen anything like this done before. It sounds like a big project.
They have a lot of it for characters on Comicvine and other forums. You could use those as a base.
Posted Image

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

DSTREET45
Nov 21 2014, 10:14 PM
Super Saiyan
Nov 21 2014, 09:58 PM
They have a lot of it for characters on Comicvine and other forums. You could use those as a base.
Nice, I'll check them out.

This will also make it easier for me to moderate the Other Vs section, since admittedly I have no clue what is going on in there.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

Steve
Member Avatar
THE VOICES

Ssj3vegito96
Nov 21 2014, 04:51 PM
This thread is going to pinned eventually if this works. Users make a respect thread for a character in other versus, and the link will be edited into this OP. Incase you don't know what I mean by respect thread here's an example. Someone starts a respect thread for batman. Then people just start posting batman feats. It can be used as a quick reference for feats.

We're going try this for a while and see how it goes. If you have any questions or suggestions let the mods and I know
Great idea!

Obviously we need some rules to it though no "Goku would beat every fictional character ever because he's awesum and universe busts!" or like a billion words on feats.

Feat: evidence such as a manga/comic scan or quote from an episode with the episode number

So long as it was people stating feats and not making a monument to their favourite character and how awesome they think the character is, filling up tons of space, it'd be great.
Posted Image

King Kakarot
Member Avatar

Respect threads are stupid they usually leave out the context behind the feats
Posted Image

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

King Kakarot
Nov 21 2014, 11:44 PM
Respect threads are stupid they usually leave out the context behind the feats
I'd like to think our members here would be nice enough to offer the context to the feats and statements given. I trust them to do so anyway.
Posted Image

Credit to NinjaSushi for the colouring
Online Profile Quote Top

Steve
Member Avatar
THE VOICES

Well like I said it needs some rules to it and that should be one of them.

Hopefully this idea sticks because it's annoying having to find specific manga chapters and their pages, upload them and then post them on here to prove something.

(only for it to be ignored anyway half the time :rofl: )
Edited by Steve, Nov 21 2014, 11:48 PM.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Oh yeah we don't want people just coming into the thread and saying this character can do this and that. Put up a scan or quotes or something and include the context please
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Nov 22 2014, 02:16 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

Going to pin this for now.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Versus · Next Topic »

//