Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan Discussion Thread)
Topic Started: Jun 24 2013, 04:42 AM (22,913 Views)
Doggo Champion 2k17
Default Avatar

NOTE: This thread will contain spoilers for those of you who are not caught up on the manga; however, for the sake of opening up this discussion for all fans, I will post certain things in spoiler tags and I expect anyone responding to follow suit. This way those of us who are caught up on the manga can have a discussion as well as those who are new to it. Thanks!

I just finished catching up on my reading of Attack on Titan, and I have a few theories that I would like to discuss. I'll post them here for the sake of starting a discussion, but feel free to post or respond to anything you would like.

First things first, the big question that everyone is debating: what is the origin of the Titans? I was so frustrated to find that after reading through all 46 chapters, we're still no where near finding out how the Titans came to be or
Spoiler for Chapter 9
Here are some of my thoughts on the matter:

Spoilers for Chapter 9

Now here is something that I found interesting. It shouldn't be a spoiler for anyone since it takes place on the first page of the manga, but what is up with these two pages?
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c001/19.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c001/20.html
Why is Mikasa saying "See you later, Eren," and why does she have short hair? When he wakes up, why is he crying? Is this a foreshadowing of something that will happen later on in the manga? Is Mikasa going to leave Eren or die? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on that one.

Jumping ahead, more theories about the Titans:

Must be caught up on the manga!

As far as Mr. Hairy Ape goes,
Must be caught up!

That's all I really feel like posting for now, but I may add more later or expand on some of these during discussion. Feel free to post your own thoughts on the manga or add to one of mine! :w00t:
Edited by Doggo Champion 2k17, Jun 24 2013, 04:45 AM.
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Novacane for the pain

I think we don't need to tag anything already shown in the Anime at least.

As for the that thing from the first chapter, I think it might be alluding to Mikasa having to cut her hair when she signs up and basically everything that's going to occur when the Titans attack, which is why Eren is crying.

As for the Hairy Ape Titan

Spoiler: click to toggle

Also I really hope that Levi

Posted ImageWe'll never be those kids again

Kyuubi
Default Avatar

That's the same theory my ex has, though I believe the ape is someone who works with Eren's dad or worked with him. I'm hoping that Eren gains some kind of extra titan 'ability' because seriously he looks so outnumbered and weaker than every other titan out there. The special ones anyway, the Armored and Colossal titan.

Does anyone remember the chapter number in which Connie returns home? I can't recall it but I want to re-read it. The latest chapter has me thinking Eren is truly on his own, poor guy.

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Novacane for the pain

Kyuubi
Jun 30 2013, 03:17 PM
Does anyone remember the chapter number in which Connie returns home? I can't recall it but I want to re-read it. The latest chapter has me thinking Eren is truly on his own, poor guy.
Chapter 37, towards the end.

Edited by Copy_Ninja, Jun 30 2013, 04:27 PM.

Mihawk
Member Avatar

The armored titan fight was awesome.

Posted Image

Doggo Champion 2k17
Default Avatar

Quote:

Mihawk
Member Avatar

New chapter is out.

Posted Image

Doggo Champion 2k17
Default Avatar

Already? I'll have to check it out right now and post my thoughts.

EDIT: So my theory was correct, and Ymir really is probably a hundred or so years old. Kudos to me! :p

I like the whole Reiner/Christa/Ymir dynamic.

Interesting line from Reiner about Ymir: "She was finally able to become human again. She must have just wanted to play her cards right and live, right? Until she met Christa..."

All in all, great chapter, and we learned a lot of information compared to last chapter. I'm super pumped that some of my theories have come true and that everything seems to be heading in a good direction.
Edited by Doggo Champion 2k17, Jul 6 2013, 05:30 AM.

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Novacane for the pain

Pretty good chapter, I'll just add to what OFG said.

The part about Ymir taking 60 years to turn back to a human and about Eren not remembering eating someone seems to imply that humans that turn in to Titans have to eat another human before they can turn back. This means it's likely that Eren ate his Dad, who sacrificed himself so that Eren would be capable of doing it. Which is why Eren knows to injure himself in order to transform, it was a suppressed memory (he had small memory flashbacks of being injected before as well).

Also, they said they wanted to use Eren for some kind of information he has and that if he didn't then Historie would be a back up, which suggests that Eren's Dad, like her family, has something to do with the Titans in the walls. Though I doubt Eren knows anything about that, but they'd reasonably expect that he does (or maybe his Dad did tell him and like other things he forgot).

Edit: Ah yeah, good call OFG, so that's why Ymir could read that really old writing.
Edited by Copy_Ninja, Jul 6 2013, 06:16 AM.

Doggo Champion 2k17
Default Avatar

Quote:

The part about Ymir taking 60 years to turn back to a human and about Eren not remembering eating someone seems to imply that humans that turn in to Titans have to eat another human before they can turn back. This means it's likely that Eren ate his Dad, who sacrificed himself so that Eren would be capable of doing it. Which is why Eren knows to injure himself in order to transform, it was a suppressed memory (he had small memory flashbacks of being injected before as well).

Eren ate someone? What? I guess I'll have to re-read that. I read through everything rather quickly. But what you say about Eren's dad makes sense if the part about eating humans is true. I just wish I knew where you inferred this from since I can't remember... lol. Other than Ymir eating their friend, was that the only mention of it?
Edited by Doggo Champion 2k17, Jul 6 2013, 06:41 AM.

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Novacane for the pain

It's these three pages:

The third page specifically.

Edit: Also, I'll be kind of sad if Hannes dies. I know we haven't seen him that much but he's a pretty cool guy and you can tell how much he cares for the three kids.
Edited by Copy_Ninja, Jul 6 2013, 07:03 AM.

Doggo Champion 2k17
Default Avatar

What the heck?! I never even saw that first page. Where the heck was I at?? haha!

EDIT: Where I've been reading the manga at didn't even have that page for some reason. Now I can no longer trust my own source...

EDIT 2: So apparently I missed a good chunk of the chapter because my source didn't have it. What the heck. Where do you read it at, Copy?
Edited by Doggo Champion 2k17, Jul 6 2013, 07:20 AM.

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Novacane for the pain

Mangastream, they're pretty good and most places use their scans.

Doggo Champion 2k17
Default Avatar

That happens to be the only place I managed to find the entire chapter in the correct order, so thanks for the tip. I'll switch over to that site, then. This other site I was on had it starting when they were leaving their hideout and ending with the first three pages. -_-

+ Steve
Member Avatar
Greetings. I will be your waifu this season.

*fingers in ears down whole page* LALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING.

Ahem.

Considering just reading the manga if the anime doesn't pick up in the next episode or two, worth it or is it annoying waiting for a chapter each month? Would probably catch up in half a day...
Posted Image

Definitely not a succubus, fear not
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Manga · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91