Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Why is adult Goku voiced by a woman in the Japanese?
Topic Started: Mar 3 2013, 05:37 AM (2,096 Views)
+ IllogicalGlory
Member Avatar
Furious

I mean, I understand Kid Goku, but adult Goku is an adult man, so I really don't get it.

Also, do you think it would have been better to cast a male actor for him?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ POOHEAD189
Member Avatar

Why?
Because Japan.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Tha gaol agam ort. <3

bardock1990
Member Avatar

It doesn't matter to me how people defend this, I can never get into that. Japanese guys with deep voices in those Samurai movies sound badass so I don't see why they didn't go for that. But oh well to each his own.

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
The King Who Cared

Because she'd voiced Goku for years and Japanese fans can be a little more resistant to change. Heck, they get very upset and angry when a female Seiyuu gets married, so much so that doing so puts their career in jeopardy (not even kidding). So, changing the voice of the protagonist of the most popular series probably wouldn't go down all that well....
Posted Image

"When the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was “Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!”

bardock1990
Member Avatar

I really don't see the problem with having a guy for the job right when DBZ started and Goku was an adult.
Edited by bardock1990, Mar 3 2013, 06:27 AM.

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
The King Who Cared

They like what they like. You won't find many people in Japan complaining about Goku's adult voice, so why should they change it and risk annoying people? No need to fix what isn't broken.
Posted Image

"When the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was “Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!”

bardock1990
Member Avatar

What I'm saying is that they should have done it when it was the right time like the beginning of DBZ, not in the middle of a saga or something. I doubt the fans would have gone crazy and this would have had much more international appeal.

Saiyan Femme
Member Avatar

POOHEAD189
Mar 3 2013, 05:41 AM
Why?
Because Japan.
this

They do it a lot in Japan with their anime, women doing male voices. It's just how they do it there, and people there don't mind in the slightest. Why do it in the first place when you can as easily put a guy for the job? Probably just because there are way more women in the business of doing anime voices than men.

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
The King Who Cared

bardock1990
Mar 3 2013, 06:32 AM
What I'm saying is that they should have done it when it was the right time like the beginning of DBZ, not in the middle of a saga or something. I doubt the fans would have gone crazy and this would have had much more international appeal.
But why? There was literally no point in doing it. The Seiyuu was happy to continue, the fans were happy for her to keep voicing him, so why change it? International appeal really didn't matter at the time, I think GT was nearing the end of its run in Japan by the time the dubs were starting up internationally.
Posted Image

Sky
Member Avatar
Blitziboo ♥

I never saw a problem with it.. But then again my favorite character is voiced by girls, so..

They do that in Japan. It's like Ash Ketchum from Pokemon.
i am those girls
Posted Image
My DeviantART | My YouTube | My Tumblr

bardock1990
Member Avatar

Copy_Ninja
Mar 3 2013, 06:38 AM
bardock1990
Mar 3 2013, 06:32 AM
But why? There was literally no point in doing it. The Seiyuu was happy to continue, the fans were happy for her to keep voicing him, so why change it? International appeal really didn't matter at the time, I think GT was nearing the end of its run in Japan by the time the dubs were starting up internationally.
It goes back to why Japanese dubs suck in the first place. A culture where the most masculine, testosterone filled guys are voiced by squeaky voiced women. Good for them if they like it but it's funny when some people get upset when others don't like it and then start trashing all the English dubs.

Sky
Member Avatar
Blitziboo ♥

Why're you complaining? You've got an English dub if you want a male voice for Goku..
i am those girls
Posted Image
My DeviantART | My YouTube | My Tumblr

Pyrus
Member Avatar
"...Boo."

Akira Toriyama himself said Nozawa was Goku. When the creator/author of the series signs off on the voice actor for a character he created, that's something.
Posted Image

bardock1990
Member Avatar

Thankfully we do, several too.

Pyrus
Member Avatar
"...Boo."

Having a male voice actor doesn't necessarily make Goku sound any better.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragonball Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of outlineforum.com and themeszetaboards.com