Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Improving Value of Donation Credits
Topic Started: Feb 15 2013, 02:17 PM (2,364 Views)
* Sousen Ichimonji
Member Avatar
You are calm and reposed, let your beauty unfold

Donator Rewards
RewardDescriptionCost
Donor GroupPut in a group called Donator to see the donator section£2 Minimum
Ad BannerAdvertisment for your site put on the forum50 Credits/day
Own SectionYour own section of the forum!150 Credits
Mod Powers for SectionGet basic powers for your section50 Credits
Custom Group/ColourYour own group and colour200 Credits
Bypass Elite VotingGet the benifits of elite if you don't want to wait!250 Credits
IRC HOPHalf-op status in the IRC100 Credits

This is the current table showing what members can buy with their donation credits. I was hoping to suggest some changes that I would consider improvements for the forum to discuss:

- I think that we should make Advertisements 50 credits per week rather than day. I mean who realistically will pay £5 for a day's advertisement here? A week is a much more reasonable price, and reasonable prices = more people willing to spend their credits on this feature.

- Once a group has been created by a member for 200 credits, then with that members permission, others can join that same group for just 150 credits, with the original's permission (so for example, I make the custom group 'Failure' with 200 credits, then with my permission/invitation, any other member can join that same group for just 150 credits). This to me is a pretty solid move; it means people may share groups, and it means that more people will donate for one of the best purchasable perks for just a 25% discount.

- I also think there should be regulations and stipulations in regards to Donator-purchased sections - if the section goes entirely inactive for weeks or months, then the Staff should be allowed to remove that section to prevent clutter on the forum - whether this comes with a refund for the Donator or not is to be discussed, but I think it should be.

These are my current suggestions, any discussion or further ideas from people will be great.
Edited by Sousen Ichimonji, Feb 15 2013, 02:19 PM.
Posted Image

Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not
I'm glad that you can forgive, only hoping as time goes, you can forget

Offline Profile Quote Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

Agreed with everything, although I think that the credits should definitely be refunded for sections that get deleted. It's a bit unfair to pay for something you aren't getting use out of.
Posted Image

* Sakura
Member Avatar
★ Bextreme Dream ★

The problem with refunding, and don't quote me on this cuz I'm not 100% sure, but the problem I can see with that is that the donations go towards like domain names and upkeeping of servers like the IRC right? So surely the donation money is being spent and therefore how can we refund people? Do you mean a money refund or like, a return on their donator credits so they can buy something else? I do agree though cuz if a section goes dead and never used the staff would really like to be able to remove them like they can other sections without upsetting the person that bought it or something.

However if I'm wrong about where the money is being spent then I'd like to know what exactly the money people donate actually goes towards.

In general I think these are good ideas, especially the first one. Nobody is going to pay £5 for an advert to be put up just for a day; if I was gonna pay £5 I'd want my advert up for a month, not even a week. It's a lot of money.

The thing about sharing user groups is cool too. I mean the basic donator group isn't necessarily what people want I don't think, cuz like Gavin said, the cool thing to get is a custom user group. It'd be nice for people that want to have one and share it but it also gives the option for people who don't want to share their user-group; i.e. keeping a unique one for themselves to do that too, plus it may generate more donations as well. It's smart business.
Edited by Sakura, Feb 15 2013, 02:51 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

..:: Most Improved GFXer - 2016 ~ | ~ Joint Most Meme-savvy - 2016 ::..

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

I just meant giving the credits back rather than actual cash.
Posted Image

* Sakura
Member Avatar
★ Bextreme Dream ★

That's fair enough then.

Posted Image
Posted Image

* Sousen Ichimonji
Member Avatar
You are calm and reposed, let your beauty unfold

Yeah giving actual cash back would be impractical, but giving the credits back should be expected.

Also and I know this is a bit rude but in the interests of transparency it would be cool to actually see frequent updates on what donation money is actually being spent on, and if there's an excess at any point then maybe asking if the members would want anything bought.
Edited by Sousen Ichimonji, Feb 15 2013, 02:54 PM.
Posted Image

Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not
I'm glad that you can forgive, only hoping as time goes, you can forget

* Sakura
Member Avatar
★ Bextreme Dream ★

Okay that's cool. It's a really good idea, nice job Gavalarrrrr

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cal
Member Avatar
I may not deserve to live, but I will protect those in my reach with my reverse blade!

I was about to suggest something very similar but Ink beat me to it. I think it's a great idea and I totally agree with Copy's suggestion as well. Good job guys!

Posted Image

* -Zero-
Member Avatar
Black Knight

Yeah I agree with the first post it would make it more practical to donate.

I don't agree however with one humdred percent of credits being returned for a section. I'd say something that if the section is active for a month or two then the forum would keep let's say 5 percent of the credits because it did take space on the forum and it was used, but if it goes inactive in less than a month of creation full refund of credits.

That's my opinion anyways

Posted Image
Thanks to Kid Buu for the sig!
The story where DBZF Members are the characters! DBZF:The Unknown Conspiracy

POSITIVE ZERO PRODUCTIONS

ZeroGuild Forum!

Yoeri
Member Avatar
I Emmeth

Is the IRC halfop thing really a good idea? I mean halfop means you can kick and ban people.
Though I guess you've already discussed this before.
Posted Image

* Light
Member Avatar
Yo

Fine post, I agree with it all.
I also agree that £5 should cover a month advertisement.

For your last point Ink, is it possible for staff to hide a section? If that were the case the agreement could state that 4 weeks without activity means section is hidden. If member returns/becomes active again section could be reinstated on request.
Posted Image

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

I would like to donate, but I'm not really interested in the ad banner. Not really interested in much of it, but I would like to help. I don't have to get what I donate for, do I?
Posted Image

* Light
Member Avatar
Yo

Emmeth
Feb 15 2013, 06:30 PM
I would like to donate, but I'm not really interested in the ad banner. Not really interested in much of it, but I would like to help. I don't have to get what I donate for, do I?
You don't have to have the rewards, you can just donate without any external factors.
Good on you man!

Edit: Is there something that you can think of that would appeal to you though?
Edited by Light, Feb 15 2013, 06:33 PM.
Posted Image

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Light
Feb 15 2013, 06:33 PM
You don't have to have the rewards, you can just donate without any external factors.
Good on you man!

Edit: Is there something that you can think of that would appeal to you though?
The only thing that really is tempting is the HOP Reward. Honestly, I would just be happy to help out.
Posted Image

Meowth
Member Avatar
=._.=

Copy_Ninja
Feb 15 2013, 02:23 PM
Agreed with everything, although I think that the credits should definitely be refunded for sections that get deleted. It's a bit unfair to pay for something you aren't getting use out of.
Yep, that can be done, if you request your section removed or anything that gets removed, you can be refunded for it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »

//