Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Why Broly Was Defeated (Movie 8); Miracle Punch≠Ki Energy
Topic Started: Feb 28 2012, 03:04 AM (1,130 Views)
Nimbo-Bimbo lord of all noobs

I've realized a reoccuring statement used to discredit Broly a lot of times in this forum, and even I used to believe it:

Broly was defeated by the power of 1 SSJ, 3 Half-Dead Base Saiyans, and 1 Half-Dead Namekian

OK, so firstly, the attack Goku used on Broly was called a 'Miracle Punch' by the Daizenshuu (you don't have to believe the Daizenshuu when it comes to the manga if you don't want to- but Broly is non-canon, so the Daizenshuu is as legit as we can get asides from the movies themselves when talking about Broly). Miracle Punch can be described as a genki punch, or spirit punch. Basically, it was a 'Spirit Bomb', except in the form of a physical attack. Goku took Piccolo's life energy, Trunks' life energy, Vegeta's life energy, and Gohan's life energy, and then amplified it by turning it into ki to use.

Saying that 1 SSJ+3 Injured Base Saiyans+1 Injured Super Namek>LSSJ Broly is ridiculous, especially considering his feats, including:
(note: some forms are not officially defined/stated, so some people can have differing views on which form was used)

-outclassing USSJ/ASSJ Vegeta
-outclassing ASSJ Trunks
-tanking MSSJ/SSJ Goku's kamehameha at point blank range
-outclassing MSSJ Gohan
-outclassing Piccolo
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kamikaze Pyro
Member Avatar
Death Incarnate

That's what I've been saying the whole time. Broly tanking Son Goku's Kamehameha completely dispels the notion of simply adding up those powers, especially if you still use a 50x multiplier by the point in the series the movie most likely correlates with. The people defending that point of view will then resort to saying the Saiyans were either mid-RoSaT or even pre-RoSaT, which makes them feel better because it means Broly won't be as strong as Cell.

Son Goku basically did the same move to Super Android #13, although he absorbed an entire Genki-Dama instead of genki from just four other people.

Son Goku: 100
~Kamehameha (lowest multiplier in series): 220
Vegeta: 100
~tired: 5
Trunks: 100
Son Gohan: 100
Piccolo: 100
Combined: 120

Broly: 220+

Yeah, doesn't work unless you have the supposedly half-dead Saiyans/Piccolo at around 25 each.
Edited by Kamikaze Pyro, Feb 28 2012, 03:24 AM.
Posted Image

"Prepare yourselves. The bells have tolled. Shelter your weak, your young and your old. Each of you shall pay the final sum. Cry for mercy. The reckoning has come."

"Once you let the darkness inside, it never comes out."

YU-GI-OH! Battle City Adventures

Lssj Future Trunks
Member Avatar
Trunks is the Legendary Super Saiyan

The answer is simple. Trunks gave an infinitesimal percentage of his power to Goku.
Trunks is the true Legendary Super Saiyan. Broly pales in comparison to him.

Posted Image

Cocoman
Member Avatar
Badabing!

Isn't the answer obvious? Broly just had to be defeated...just...because.
Posted Image
Tony Soprano

I'm the mother *****in *****in one who calls the shots.

blade17

Toei punch, son. Goku's strongest attack.

MysticGotenks
Member Avatar

It had to be something along the lines of a 'Miracle Punch' or focusing all that energy into that final punch. It's completely illogical, even by Toei standards, for Son to fire a powerful KHH into Broly's face while he laughed through it, to Broly exploding from energy overdose invoked by Son's punch to the gut. The punch had to have something behind it rather than just Son's ki.
Hey Piccolo......are..are you a Yoshi?

Paikuan extreme
Member Avatar

ObsessiveFanGuy
Feb 28 2012, 03:20 AM
That's what I've been saying the whole time. Broly tanking Son Goku's Kamehameha completely dispels the notion of simply adding up those powers, especially if you still use a 50x multiplier by the point in the series the movie most likely correlates with. The people defending that point of view will then resort to saying the Saiyans were either mid-RoSaT or even pre-RoSaT, which makes them feel better because it means Broly won't be as strong as Cell.

Son Goku basically did the same move to Super Android #13, although he absorbed an entire Genki-Dama instead of genki from just four other people.

Son Goku: 100
~Kamehameha (lowest multiplier in series): 220
Vegeta: 100
Trunks: 100
Son Gohan: 100
Piccolo: 100
Combined: 120

Broly: 220+

Yeah, doesn't work unless you have the supposedly half-dead Saiyans/Piccolo at around 25 each.
im still thinking this is true, i believe in the genki punch.

however, a full powered focus attack is what im leaning towards.

a kamehameha could dispel this thought to, but the way they were doing it in movie 6 against cooler has me sold.

it could be a combination of the two. i dont know.

But it seemed like it to me. He did something with that energy, if he didnt use it to power himself up? cause apparently goku knew this was gonna happen. Weve seen him do it before.

Full power focused attacks kill instantly. Even meta coolers.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Balthazor
Member Avatar
I'm damn serious

People need to learn not to take things like this too seriously.

It's obvious because Goku won because good always prevails in Japanese mangas.
Posted Image
Cell-"Now you will witness the terror of perfection!"-

Posted Image
Best wrestler ever

R.I.P Hopper June 6th 2002~August 18th 2011

Accelerator
Member Avatar
#1 in Academy City

They were running out of time in the movie and boom he got hit once and dead. And then they came up with a reason for why that happened.

My guess lol
Posted Image

MysticGotenks
Member Avatar

It is likely that they were running out of time and just had to have Son quickly finish off Broly. But damn, allow for some reasoning or potential thoughts so we can make explanations out of writers quick finishing techniques. I sure Toei writers were just like, "ah, let's just let Son win by a single punch to show off his power....etc.' But it's fun to discuss potentially non-existent messages in the writing.

There seems to a few joykill's running around this forum...

Accelerator
Member Avatar
#1 in Academy City

MysticGotenks
Mar 14 2012, 05:53 PM
It is likely that they were running out of time and just had to have Son quickly finish off Broly. But damn, allow for some reasoning or potential thoughts so we can make explanations out of writers quick finishing techniques. I sure Toei writers were just like, "ah, let's just let Son win by a single punch to show off his power....etc.' But it's fun to discuss potentially non-existent messages in the writing.

Just stating my opinion. Relax. The thread is title "Why Broly Was Defeated" and I gave my answer.
Posted Image

MysticGotenks
Member Avatar

Gogeta SSJ4
Mar 14 2012, 11:47 PM
MysticGotenks
Mar 14 2012, 05:53 PM

Just stating my opinion. Relax. The thread is title "Why Broly Was Defeated" and I gave my answer.
Hey don't get me wrong I respect your opinion. But maybe just home in on a guess which would spark discussion? Kinda just seems silly to say they needed to end it, don't you think? lol. But don't worry bro, i'm chilled, i'm chilled.

Balthazor
Member Avatar
I'm damn serious

Balthazor
Mar 13 2012, 11:01 AM
People need to learn not to take things like this too seriously.

It's obvious because Goku won because good always prevails in Japanese mangas.
QFT much?
Posted Image
Cell-"Now you will witness the terror of perfection!"-

Posted Image
Best wrestler ever

R.I.P Hopper June 6th 2002~August 18th 2011

Paikuan extreme
Member Avatar

good doesnt always prevail in japanese movies, its karma.

most heros in asian movies period sacrifice their lives for the ones that survive. Like the cell saga.

classic asian ending. Goku lived by the sword, he died by the sword. Hero or not, he caused alot of conflict. so he decided not to be wished back.

classic asian cinematics idealism.

either that or revenge, but then those guys die too, from karma.

Bad guys turn good for one reason. Love, then they die. classic asian cinema. women too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

MysticGotenks
Member Avatar

Ninjajp247
Mar 12 2012, 10:45 PM
im still thinking this is true, i believe in the genki punch.

however, a full powered focus attack is what im leaning towards.

a kamehameha could dispel this thought to, but the way they were doing it in movie 6 against cooler has me sold.

it could be a combination of the two. i dont know.

But it seemed like it to me. He did something with that energy, if he didnt use it to power himself up? cause apparently goku knew this was gonna happen. Weve seen him do it before.

Full power focused attacks kill instantly. Even meta coolers.
I have to agree, I watched the M6 again when Piccolo told the Gohan and Krillen to focus their attacks against the Big Geta Star soldiers (don't really know what they were, robot things, but not Meta-Cooler's) and it was the same process. Their energy was focused into key attacks, going right through them.

Son could have used a combination of both focusing all his energy into that punch, or adding some sort of Genki type punch into it also.

Think of it like a brick or a needle pressing against your hand, both will hurt, but the Pin will go straight through.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragonball Movies / GT · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of outlineforum.com and themeszetaboards.com