Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Ask Copy
Topic Started: Dec 10 2011, 04:50 AM (4,888 Views)
Strawberry
Member Avatar
Chiaroscuro ♥

Hi Copy! Here I am as promised! ^_^

So, to start off, of all the places you visited in Europe, which one was your favorite and why?

(I don't want to just make a bunch of questions and have you answer them formally one by one, so hopefully we can make this a bit more conversational instead)

Posted Image

Posted Image
♪ ♥ ♫
Across The Universe
Offline Profile Quote Top

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

My favourite was probably Berlin I think. It's such a cool and modern city and I wish I'd had more time to explore more of it. The rest of the places I went I mostly hit the big touristy stuff I wanted to see but not in Berlin. It's also steeped in so much history as well, just walking around there was amazing. Then there's the nightlife there which was amazing, probably had the best clubs of all the places I went (though Prague was also really good for that too). Only downside was that it was a pretty expensive place, not great for the budget.
Posted Image

Strawberry
Member Avatar
Chiaroscuro ♥

How much time did you get to spent in each place you've visited?

Posted Image

Posted Image
♪ ♥ ♫
Across The Universe

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

Mostly on a couple of days, except for in England and Ireland where I was seeing family so I was there longer. It kind of sucked because you didn't have much time but on the other hand if I'd have spent longer in one place I wouldn't have been able to get to another place. The first 9 places I saw over the course of about 18 days so it was a bit of a whirlwind kind of tour but it is what it is. I didn't really have the money to travel for any longer than I did so I kind of wanted to see as much as I could in the time I had.
Posted Image

Strawberry
Member Avatar
Chiaroscuro ♥

Yesh, you had to make the most of your experience by working with what you got.

Are you living in Australia? Because I was under the impression that you were originally from australia but were living in the UK, or maybe it's the other way around?

Anyway, my question would be: Was this your first time visiting Europe? Other than the UK at least since you have family there. If so, what did you think of it as a whole and what other places in Europe were you sad you missed?

Posted Image

Posted Image
♪ ♥ ♫
Across The Universe

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

Strawberry
Mar 15 2015, 04:26 AM
Are you living in Australia? Because I was under the impression that you were originally from australia but were living in the UK, or maybe it's the other way around?

Anyway, my question would be: Was this your first time visiting Europe? Other than the UK at least since you have family there. If so, what did you think of it as a whole and what other places in Europe were you sad you missed?
Yeah it's the other way around haha, from the UK but live in Australia.

I've been to Spain, Portugal, Greece and Cyprus before so I'm glad I didn't double up on those. I love Europe for all the history that's there. Australia is such a new and young country and it really feels like it, Europe carries the weight of all centuries of things that have happened there.

I wish I could have to go Munich, Bavaria in general seems really cool. Also would have wanted to go to a couple of other places in Italy, like Milan and Tuscany. Not too many though, I think I've seen most of what I wanted to see. A lot of the places I want to travel now are in Asia or the Americas, so I've gotta start planning how I'm going to get around there...
Posted Image

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

Wassup?
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Strawberry
Member Avatar
Chiaroscuro ♥

I hear you. I want to explore other continents so badly, but europe is so much more convenient for every reason imaginable.

I didn't know you've been to Portugal already. Where exactly, Lisbon? Can you remember?

And were there any historical museums/monuments or just places in general that stood out to you in this last trip in Europe? Did you get a chance to visit the Wall Memorial in Berlin? Or any other place regarding World War II and the Holocaust?

Posted Image

Posted Image
♪ ♥ ♫
Across The Universe

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

Strawberry
Mar 15 2015, 04:42 AM
I didn't know you've been to Portugal already. Where exactly, Lisbon? Can you remember?

And were there any historical museums/monuments or just places in general that stood out to you in this last trip in Europe? Did you get a chance to visit the Wall Memorial in Berlin? Or any other place regarding World War II and the Holocaust?
Yeah it was Lisbon and we were in Amadora as well but I don't know if that's a separate city from Lisbon or just an area of it. I was quite young at the time though so I don't remember too much of it.

Vatican City was pretty amazing and so was the Colosseum. Some of the places in Florence are magnificent too, the Duomo in Florence is pretty breathtaking and has an incredible view of the city.

I did see the Wall Memorial yeah and parts of the remaining Wall covered in peace signs. It's so beautifully done and maintained, spent a good amount of time just walking around it and taking it all in. A great piece of history just sat in the middle of a huge city.

Yeah I did a Third Reich walking tour and went to a lot of those kind of places, all the old buildings where a lot of the events took place, Hitlers Bunker (which is now just a car park). Two of them stood out though. The first is a small memorial to the Romani population that was wiped out in the Holocaust. It's quite tragic really because they're never spoken about. The second was a Holocaust Memorial in the city that's made up of these massive blocks of various sizes that you can walk through. It has no obvious meaning or representation, it's sort of left to yourself to give it meaning which I found very interesting.

Posted Image

+ supersaqer
Member Avatar
Transcendent

Hey! How have you bee? It has been a long time since we've had a conversation :D .

So I noticed that you rarely post anymore. What is the reason?
Posted Image

Speed-o'-Sound Sonic

+ Majin Vegeta
Member Avatar
The resident GT fan!

Where have you been pal :) ?
Opinion on Super so far?
Posted Image

"Its only when we're pushed to our limits that we can truly shine!"

Majin Vegeta

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

Majin Vegeta
Oct 10 2015, 05:54 PM
Where have you been pal :) ?
Opinion on Super so far?
I've been around. I moved to the other side of the world last month and I've started a Masters program so there's been a lot on my plate lately. I'm still doing stuff around here, not posting as much sadly but keeping up with mod stuff as best as I can.

It's been pretty meh, but I think that's because I wanted actual new content and not just a rehash of what I've already seen. Probably won't be in to it until we get to the stuff post Frieza.
Posted Image

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
The Step Mom

What makes you so Super >:(
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

+ Majin Vegeta
Member Avatar
The resident GT fan!

How was your summer this year?
Any life goals right now?
Posted Image

"Its only when we're pushed to our limits that we can truly shine!"

Majin Vegeta

Copy_Ninja
Member Avatar
Hokage

QueenTD
Oct 18 2015, 03:51 PM
What makes you so Super >:(

It's been so long that this question is no longer relevant hahaha.

Majin Vegeta
Jan 7 2016, 09:27 PM
How was your summer this year?
Any life goals right now?

1. At the time of asking, because of living in different hemispheres at different times of the year, I hadn't seen summer that year. Summer at the moment be pretty good tho.

2. Finish my legal training and start my career properly. Currently doing my training hours so I'm not far off, just that pesky first job part that's going to be tricky.

Also resurrecting this topic after nearly a year #necroposting #abuseofpower
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · About Me · Next Topic »

//