Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Why didn't Goku wish his father back?
Topic Started: Aug 31 2011, 12:36 AM (6,911 Views)
Frostmourne
Member Avatar
Lord of the Scourge

Goku knows who his father his , atleast he knows Bardock is.But why doesn't he wish him back and the saiyans who died by Frieza? Aswell his planet.
Posted Image
All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance, I bestow upon you, my chosen knight. I have granted you immortality so that you may herald in a new, dark age for the Scourge.
Frostmourne A.K.A Strimez
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spirit
So Lonely

It would take away from the epicness that is DBZ :D

(really)
Posted Image

I don't care about this forum but I can't stop coming!

+ Ani-Nation
Member Avatar

Isn't there a 1 year time limit thing for wishing back people?

Spirit
So Lonely

Ani-Nation
Aug 31 2011, 12:59 AM
Isn't there a 1 year time limit thing for wishing back people?
The DragonBall's turn to stone for a year, but I think it's possible to do it anytime as long the person didn't die of natural causes.
Posted Image

I don't care about this forum but I can't stop coming!

+ Naked Snake
Member Avatar
Super Duper High School Prosecutor

I take you're asking why he didn't revive him after his battle with Vegeta?

I'm not sure, it would've been awesome if Bardock was there on Namek as well. But wouldn't he have been revived where Vegeta-sei used to be?
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Frostmourne
Member Avatar
Lord of the Scourge

I'm just asking why he didn't revive him (Doesn't matter when)
Posted Image
All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance, I bestow upon you, my chosen knight. I have granted you immortality so that you may herald in a new, dark age for the Scourge.
Frostmourne A.K.A Strimez

songohanfrancais
Member Avatar
Scholar

No, definitely a year limit. So he couldn't have done it.
Posted Image and more importantly Posted Image

Itachi
Member Avatar

songohanfrancais
Aug 31 2011, 01:44 AM
No, definitely a year limit. So he couldn't have done it.
can you link to the scans which say that? I don't remember that at all. Personally I think toriyama didn't want the headache of adding him to the story.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar
"...Boo."

No, there is a 1-year limit. That's why Grandpa Gohan wasn't wished back either, or Planet Vegeta and all the other Saiyans.
Edited by Pyrus, Aug 31 2011, 02:43 AM.
Posted Image

+ lunar2
Member Avatar

the one year limit is only on shenron, not porunga, and only stated for multiple revivals. it's very possible that shenron can do a single person revival after any length of time, since no limit was stated for that situation.

porunga can definitely wish back those dead more than 1 year. yamcha was revived on the second namekian year after he died, and tien and chiaotzu were revived on the third.
list of canon sources:

the DB manga, and the Dr. Slump manga as it applies to the crossover during the rra saga.

list of non canon sources:

everything else, regardless of origin, format, or quality.

for those that blindly follow word of god

SirParagon
Member Avatar
Sparking!

The Saiyans weren't exactly a peaceful race, though it's hard to say whether they would have caused much genocidal damage without a tyrannical Frieza added into the mix. They probably would have been happy sparring amongst themselves, all a saiyan really wants to do is test their own power against worthy opponents. I assume Goku didn't think too highly of his heritage nonetheless.
Edited by SirParagon, Aug 31 2011, 03:12 AM.
New Account: Spirit Metaphor

Voluntarism?

+ ObsessiveFanGirl
Member Avatar
The Sexy Debater

The Saiyans were pretty much evil, and Goku knew that; however, he didn't know that Bardock had a change of heart in the end. That was probably his reasoning. Goku thought that Bardock was probably evil, just like the other Saiyans.

Goku also wasn't a selfish person. At all. So I don't think he would ever wish for something just for himself.
~Deviantart~
~Tumblr~
~Youtube~

+ lunar2
Member Avatar

bardock never had a change of heart. that was the crappy funi dub. in the japanese, he was just proud of goku for beating frieza.
list of canon sources:

the DB manga, and the Dr. Slump manga as it applies to the crossover during the rra saga.

list of non canon sources:

everything else, regardless of origin, format, or quality.

for those that blindly follow word of god

+ ObsessiveFanGirl
Member Avatar
The Sexy Debater

I meant that Bardock had a change of heart and attacked Frieza. Lol. What else could I be talking about?? =P
~Deviantart~
~Tumblr~
~Youtube~

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
RIP Shane Del Rosario. Formerly known as daman. WWE=Opera on steroids.

He never even met his father.

His father was a saiyan, all saiyans Goku met were evil.

Goku just wouldn't care, he's not a Burdock fanboy.
"How many times has the liberation movement worked together with workers and then at the moment of victory betrayed the workers? There are many examples of that in the world.
It is only if the workers strengthen their organisation before and after liberation that you can win. If you relax your vigilance you will find that your sacrifices have been in vain.
You just support the African National Congress only so far as it delivers the goods. If the ANC government does not deliver the goods, you must do to it what you have done to the apartheid regime." - Nelson Mandela

kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragonball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of outlineforum.com and themeszetaboards.com