Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Why does the UK suck so much?
Topic Started: Aug 2 2011, 05:19 PM (967 Views)
+ Naked Snake
Member Avatar
Super Duper High School Prosecutor

The UK gets the short straw with a lot of things : Anime, Gaming, Films etc

I want to live in Japan or America :'(
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Mc Esse
Member Avatar

When your money is the strongest in the world, who cares. Just go to the US and to Japan and rob everyone with your powerful currency.
Edited by Mc Esse, Aug 2 2011, 05:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

J-Smack
Member Avatar

I'm an American and I visited London for a couple of days. Pretty happenin' place! I bought some Fred Perry's, if anyone's familiar with that brand of shoe...
darkwarrior

has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe Trunks just bought his sword somewhere or something? There's nothing really special about it.

Y2J

Well it did manage to slice Frieza into a shishkebab so it must've been packing more power than your average blade. Hell even Zelda's sword couldn't pull off that ****.

ObsessiveFanGirl

I don't believe in power levels after the Frieza Saga. :D
Now, there's an idea.

+ Ani-Nation
Member Avatar

Come to America then we can meet up and plan our takeover of DBZF.

:O

or just come for the cheap anime.
Its very expensive in Japan.
Edited by Ani-Nation, Aug 2 2011, 08:15 PM.

Spirit
So Lonely

I had no idea you were in the UK! Hmmmm. Not sure what things are like there, but hey if you ever get tired you could come to Toronto! lol!
Posted Image

I don't care about this forum but I can't stop coming!

Fulgore
Member Avatar
The Darkness Returns

You guys realize how *****ed america is right? I mean, don't get me wrong.. I've lived her all my life, but things just aren't that great anymore :\
Posted Image

Self-proclaimed and unoffical

2013-14 DBZF Weekly NFL Pick 'em Champion

+ Ani-Nation
Member Avatar

Fulgore
Aug 2 2011, 09:29 PM
You guys realize how *****ed america is right? I mean, don't get me wrong.. I've lived her all my life, but things just aren't that great anymore :\
If your talking about the political system...yeah its really *****ed up.

The Democrats want to raise taxes, the Republicans want to cut social programs, and the people don't want to do either.
Do people expect the government to magically fix everything?

Still a great place to live though depending on which state you choose.
Edited by Ani-Nation, Aug 2 2011, 09:36 PM.

Rogue
Member Avatar
=._.=

America does have tighter censors than the UK, so while they might get earlier releases, they have more cut from them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

+ Ani-Nation
Member Avatar

Rogue
Aug 2 2011, 09:38 PM
America does have tighter censors than the UK, so while they might get earlier releases, they have more cut from them.
Can you give an example?

Last time I checked when DBZ aired in the UK it had more stuff censored than America.
They also showed DBZ uncut here on Toonami.
As for stuff on DVD and Blu-Ray its all uncut.

If your talking about stuff like Chef Ramsay's Hells Kitchen yeah they bleep out a lot of stuff.
Edited by Ani-Nation, Aug 2 2011, 09:43 PM.

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

Japan has cheaper stuff when it comes to Anime, they have their weekly releases. However you need to be able to read the raws to do so ;)

I personally would prefer the UK to the US right now, there are a lot of problems in the US and in the next 20 years things could get messy world wide. Self-production FTW.

~Tim
Posted Image
Thanks to Strawberry for the signature!

Posted Image

Rogue
Member Avatar
=._.=

They showed DBZ uncut here on Toonami here as well, what's your point? The dubs we get are the ones from America.

Examples? No, I can't be bothed to find any, I would have to go an compare verious versions of things and I don't care enough to do so.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

+ Ani-Nation
Member Avatar

Rogue
Aug 2 2011, 09:48 PM
They showed DBZ uncut here on Toonami here as well, what's your point? The dubs we get are the ones from America.

Examples? No, I can't be bothed to find any, I would have to go an compare verious versions of things and I don't care enough to do so.
I thought they played the Ocean Dub in the UK.
The Ocean Dub was censored.

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
RIP Shane Del Rosario. Formerly known as daman. WWE=Opera on steroids.

UK is great imo. Less religious nutters than the USA(no I'm not saying all religious people are nutters), not a load of guns everywhere, violent crime is better than a lot of places. NHS.

Yeh we do get films later than the USA(well at least hollywood films), but it's not a big deal to me. We get as good video games as them. Like the best One Piece games on wii are in Europe and not in the USA....FOR EXAMPLE. I'm sure there are better examples.

I don't know about Japan, except they have a high suicide rate, seem to have issues with prostitution and strippers and stuff, and they make seriously screwed up horror films....

UK does suck in some respects, but it kicks the USA into the dust in some ways too.
"How many times has the liberation movement worked together with workers and then at the moment of victory betrayed the workers? There are many examples of that in the world.
It is only if the workers strengthen their organisation before and after liberation that you can win. If you relax your vigilance you will find that your sacrifices have been in vain.
You just support the African National Congress only so far as it delivers the goods. If the ANC government does not deliver the goods, you must do to it what you have done to the apartheid regime." - Nelson Mandela

kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

+ Ani-Nation
Member Avatar

wolffanghameha
Aug 2 2011, 09:53 PM
UK is great imo. Less religious nutters than the USA(no I'm not saying all religious people are nutters), not a load of guns everywhere, violent crime is better than a lot of places. NHS.

Yeh we do get films later than the USA(well at least hollywood films), but it's not a big deal to me. We get as good video games as them. Like the best One Piece games on wii are in Europe and not in the USA....FOR EXAMPLE. I'm sure there are better examples.

I don't know about Japan, except they have a high suicide rate, seem to have issues with prostitution and strippers and stuff, and they make seriously screwed up horror films....

UK does suck in some respects, but it kicks the USA into the dust in some ways too.
Less religious nutters than the USA

Ok its already better than the US

Cocoman
Member Avatar
Badabing!

Ani-Nation
Aug 2 2011, 09:51 PM
Rogue
Aug 2 2011, 09:48 PM

I thought they played the Ocean Dub in the UK.
The Ocean Dub was censored.
Nope. Over here we got both FUNi and Ocean.

It was the same in America.
Posted Image
Tony Soprano

I'm the mother *****in *****in one who calls the shots.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Talk about anything · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of outlineforum.com and themeszetaboards.com