Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Akira Toriyama contact?
Topic Started: Feb 2 2011, 08:35 PM (5,457 Views)
Vegeta_is_god
Member Avatar

I am positive that plenty of people would like to contact Akira Toriyama due to his role in DB and DBZ creation etc., but I would like to speak to him / his affiliates about rights?

I want to create something DB related and wonder if it is hie I should speak to about copyrights? And if so, how would I contact him through his Bird Studio company?
"Trunks...Bulma...I do this for you...and yes, even for you Kakarot!" - Vegeta
Offline Profile Goto Top

duli
Member Avatar

What are you making?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nusu
Member Avatar
Piccolo Daimao > Piccolo Jr.

You can start without his permission, so long you don´t want cash for your project. Then its totally fan-made. Overall, nobody managed to contact Mr. Toriyama. I think he is a quite living person, since he isn´t actually that active in the Dragon-Ball franchise.
Once upon a time, there used to be a signature. Then it got lame, and now I'm out of options for a new one.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Vegeta_is_god
Member Avatar

It would probably include a profit, so it is not fan-made. (well I sure as heck hope it includes profit!!)

I can't explain in too much detail, but it is an iphone application.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ryanson209
Member Avatar
MAGICAL GIRLS REPRESENT

Not sure how that would work. Yeah, it'd probably be best to try and get into contact with him.

I would think, personally, that one of the English copyright holders of the franchise would also need to be contacted -- they might need to give permission, too, and would probably be able to send your request through. Maybe.

Of course, you don't necessarily have to make a profit. You can make it a free download. :)
Posted Image

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Potato Underling
Member Avatar
You just wasted your time reading this.

maybe try calling his studio to talk to the manager!
Posted Image

I love this forum.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Destiny

Well that would go through he's staff and they aren't easy to get a hold of. Best thing you could do is leave a message. Which I will say is very very rare to have returned back. Trust me!
Edited by Destiny, Feb 3 2011, 12:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vegeta_is_god
Member Avatar

Can someone provide the link to contact his staff? I haven't even found that out. I probably would need some English rights too... :unsure:

I might make it free, but I would still gain revenue through advertisements.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Necidad
Member Avatar
The Legend

I don't think you need to contact him. I doubt he even knows this forum exists lol. I wish he was a member here. That'd be legit.
THE WIRE, GREAT QUOTES - UPDATED 08/01/2014

“I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It’s all in the game though, right?”
“Making robberies into larcenies. Making rapes disappear. You juke the stats, and majors become colonels. I’ve been here before...”
"You put a textbook in front of these kids, put a problem on the blackboard, teach them every problem in some statewide test, it won’t matter. None of it. ‘Cause they’re not learning for our world; they’re learning for theirs.”
“There ain’t no back in the day… Ain’t no nostalgia to this s*** here. There’s just the street, the game, what happened here today.”
"A man must have a code."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Destiny

NeciFiX
Feb 4 2011, 12:13 AM
I don't think you need to contact him. I doubt he even knows this forum exists lol. I wish he was a member here. That'd be legit.
How do you Know he's not? Muhahahaha ;)
Edited by Destiny, Feb 4 2011, 01:17 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vegeta_is_god
Member Avatar

I'm not talking about creating something for this website. I (and some others) are developing an iPhone application. There will be potential revenue so I need to request permission to use trademarked logos.

Does anyone know how to contact his Bird Studios at least? Maybe they could point me in the right direction.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Destiny

Bird Studio? Best case would be to locate a website of some sort. Usually the provider should know this. Contact the provider to get a hold of the studio. That's where I would start at least. Good luck!!
Edited by Destiny, Feb 4 2011, 04:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

misty

does anyone know if dragon ballz is remake of dbz or a new series
Offline Profile Goto Top

Destiny

misty
Apr 5 2011, 02:18 AM
does anyone know if dragon ballz is remake of dbz or a new series
What? I think you mean is "Dragon Ball Z Kai" a remake of Dragon Ball Z or a new series? It is a remake. It took out all the fillers that DBZ had and added new animations and few new Voice Actors.

Does that answer your question?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ninjaneer
Member Avatar
In

Rumor has it he doesn't get any fan letters or has a public email for that matter. Someone else is hired to sort through the mail, an editor maybe. As with any of the artists that work for http://www.shueisha.co.jp/ Shueisha publishing. Also you better speak Japanese if you even hope anyone would read it.

Quote:

* Please note that all sites are in Japanese only. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to English inquiries.
Posted Image
HustLa is the man!

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragonball Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of outlineforum.com and themeszetaboards.com