Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
When did the broly moive take place
Topic Started: Apr 16 2010, 02:01 AM (10,885 Views)
ziro
Member Avatar

Im confused because gohan didn't go ssj2, Yet trunks seemed to have gone to the time chamber.
They see me trollin, they hatin.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emperor Cold
Member Avatar
Makaioshin

Well, it doesn't fit perfectly but you could squeeze it in during the ten days before the Cell games. There are some inconsistencies, for instance Goku and Gohan were ssj during the whole ten days in order to master the mssj form, yet they are in base form the whole first half of the movie. The other problem is the way everyone acts like it's just an ordinary day (having a picnic, Goku and Chi Chi applying for Gohan to get into a private school), when they should be worrying about and preparing for the Cell Games. But it does fit in the timeline fairly well compared to most of the other movies.
Posted Image

Wintergreen5000
Member Avatar
WCZE

Well a lot of movies don't fit with the timeline. Like Movie 4. They're on Earth when they should be on Namek. But you're right. Movie 8 logically takes place during the ten day period of peace. Couldn't happen before, couldn't happen after.
Edited by Wintergreen5000, May 31 2010, 11:49 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

dudeguy1992
Member Avatar

I wish they would have taken a look at what was going on during the tv series before they made the movies.
How much must I curse your name
And put your beliefs to shame
Before you prove yourself
And end this life?

Wintergreen5000
Member Avatar
WCZE

Well, it's kinda hard to fit in a good movie in the DBZ timeline. The way they did it was they made one for every part of DBZ, and the movies contradicted what was happening in the original story because they probably didn't want to be confined to those conditions when making the movie. Either that or it was simply impossible to fit the movie into the timeline correctly. But good times to fit movies into the timeline and make them canonically correct are the 1, 3, 7, and 5 year periods. Movie 8 was theoretically possible. I just wished they mentioned Cell in the Movie to make it seem more true to the original story. That way we could have a connection between the canon and non-canon worlds. Movie 9 is really the only movie that doesn't conflict with the original story. Quite possibly the only canonically correct movie. Movie 13 is close too, but it has its mistakes. Also, the ten year period between Z and GT would've been a great time to make some movies, because you literally wouldn't be restricted to anything. Imagine SSjin 3 Adult Gotenks? I wish they made more. Those bastards.
Edited by Wintergreen5000, Jun 4 2010, 12:45 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ussj Future Trunks
Member Avatar
God of Shinobi

it doesnt fit anywhere. but if i had to say, it would be an alternate universe where trunks finished off cell before vegeta could let him go perfect.
"I am Lord Freeza, whom none surpass me; no one even comes close!
BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe! The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my FEET....or better still TO BE CRUSHED, LIKE AN INSECT AT THe WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!!!- Chris Ayres, Freeza, DBZKAI dub from Funimation

Wintergreen5000
Member Avatar
WCZE

Theoretically, it could've happened in the ten day period before the Cell Game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ussj Future Trunks
Member Avatar
God of Shinobi

no. gohan is not wearing his cell games outfit nor is constantly super saiyan. neither is goku. no mention of cell and the world seems to be working when it shut down in fear of cell. no mention of cell anywhere. they are lazing around and not training. if cell is dead, why is trunks still there? why is vegeta so out of character?
BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe! The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my FEET....or better still TO BE CRUSHED, LIKE AN INSECT AT THe WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!!!- Chris Ayres, Freeza, DBZKAI dub from Funimation

Wintergreen5000
Member Avatar
WCZE

I never said Cell was dead. I never really said he was alive either. All I am saying is that the movie takes place when Goku and Gohan are clearly post-RoSaT, which was in the ten day period of rest before the Cell Game started in the real timeline. Maybe your theory is correct, but it doesn't prove that this wouldn't have happened around the ten day period in the real timeline. And I'm not saying Movie 8 is part of the real timeline. Second of all, the fact that Gohan is in different clothes has no baring on the subject. They're practically the same clothes he wears in the Cell Game anyway, except he has a red sash in Movie 8. Third of all, Vegeta and Trunks could've only trained for one more day in the RoSaT, and training outside the chamber is pointless in the amount of time they had left. So don't expect them to be pushing themselves through the ground. Fourthly, I already explained in another topic why it doesn't matter they are in base state. They are still Post-RoSaT Super Saiyans.
Posted Image
Posted Image

+ DbzHybrid

This movie is probably the most canon- logical movie made.
The fact that Gohan has different clothes has no affect on the matter, he could easily change his clothes whenever he wants. It isnt like he's restricted to the one set outfit. As seen during his birthday and all that stuff (filler but still logic).
What Illusion said about Vegeta not training, the fact that they weren't constant SSJ. Whose to say that Goku and Gohan didnt take a break from being FSSJ all the time? Not really logical given what Goku said but still probable under the principle of Movie 8.
I always try to see where the movies could actually fit. And this movie fits perfectly during the 10 days of peace. I dont know how Goku would feel leaving Earth knowing Cell is on it and could destroy it if he knows they aren't there....but hey im sure he had faith he wouldnt blow it up lol...
Posted Image

First sig

Second sig

Wintergreen5000
Member Avatar
WCZE

Nah, I don't think Cell would've done that. He would've given them the ten days as he said. If they hadn't shown up by the end of the tenth day then he would've just blew up the Earth.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ussj Future Trunks
Member Avatar
God of Shinobi

no bojack and wrath of the dragon are way more canon.

Wintergreen5000
Member Avatar
WCZE

Wrath of Dragon doesn't really make much sense. Bojack Unbound is the only one I'd say that could fit.
Posted Image
Posted Image

+ DbzHybrid

Despite my love for Wrath of the Dragon(i do love the movie), it just doesnt make sense at all.
Bojack Unbound, yes it does fit canonically with the story, i didnt think about that at the time.
That movie does make near perfect canon-sense.
Posted Image

First sig

Second sig

Wintergreen5000
Member Avatar
WCZE

Except for why Gohan wasn't able to use SSjin 2 right off the bat. Was it because he didn't want to resort to that or something? Goku came down and basically gave him a little pep talk, then Gohan just went SSjin 2. It's like what the hell Gohan, what were you doing this whole time, you know?
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragonball Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of outlineforum.com and themeszetaboards.com