Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Was Goku using "Invisible Kaoiken" against Cooler in Movie 5?
Topic Started: Aug 6 2018, 11:33 PM (293 Views)
Vance
Member Avatar

As we all know, Movie 5 is among the most controversial in the series due to the blatant disregard for conventional powerscaling that'd been established in the canon. In particular, the statements by Cooler following his brief skirmish with Base Goku indicate that the latter is strong enough to cause problems if not outright kill Frieza. Given that Cooler was fully aware of how strong Frieza's maximum power is per his acknowledgement of the multiple forms both entities possessed, it's clear that he'd be making this statement factoring in Frieza's maximum power level of 120,000,000. As such, we are left to believe that Base Goku post-Zenkai is in the neighborhood of 120,000,000, if not outright greater. To anyone with any semblance of respect for the power-scaling established in the Namek saga, this statement confused the everliving hell out you, and made it so SSJ Goku and FF Cooler could only be viewed as being tens of times more powerful than either FP Frieza and Namek-arc SSJ Goku.

But what if Goku had been using an Invisible Kaoiken? Albeit an unsupported theory, the IKK has some merit due to the sound present during Goku and Cooler's brief fight. If Goku had in fact been using bursts of Kaoiken x 10, for instance, then it's possible that his Base Power level could be as high as 10,000,000, giving him a power-level of 100,000,000 during the Kaoiken bursts and of 500,000,000 as a SSJ. Since the only stated power-level for FF Cooler was 470,000,000 in some magazine, this could conceivably be accepted, as it would allow Goku to overpower Cooler in regular hand-to-hand exchanges but unable to no-sell a powered up Supernova.

But what are your thoughts? Do you subscribe to the notion that Base Goku in Movie 5 is about as strong as SSJ Goku on Namek, thereby making SSJ Goku in Movie 5 around 7,500,000,000?
"A good fighter knows his mental and physical limitations, but a great fighter will figure his way around them"
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Scotty_Rogers
Member Avatar
Your Boy Scotty

Nah, I'm pretty sure Goku doesn't start to use the Kaioken until he charges that one Kamehameha at the transformed Coola.
Mah dogs are hongrey

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

I mean, if Coola's statement is taken at face value, you'd have to assume Goku's battle power is above 120 million in base, but there's always the possibility that Coola, like, Freeza was able to deduce that Goku is holding back great deal of his power.

Chapter: 312 (DBZ 118), P2.3-6
Freeza: “You’re quite confident. But I’ve noticed that though you told me you’d fight seriously, you still have a considerable amount of power remaining…”
Goku: “So the jig’s up, huh?”
Freeza: “Even taking that into consideration, in my estimation… If I put out about 50%, that is to say, half of my maximum power, I'll be able to turn you into space dust..."

This is sorta backed up by a line later in the film where Coola realizes that Goku's Super Saiyan form is how Freeza was defeated.

Context: Super Saiyan Goku kneed Coola in the gut.
Coola: "*laughs* I see! This is why my brother was no match for you!"
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide: (Classic)/(Modern)
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

+ PocketGoggu
Member Avatar
Royal Guard.

Invisible Kaio Ken doesn't exist. So no.
Noice sig from Sushi

Nyah

Scotty_Rogers
Member Avatar
Your Boy Scotty

I just don't see the point in trying to rationalize this movie. It's Toei, for one, and it was in production when the fight with Freeza wasn't even finished in the manga. It's obviously not gonna line up with the manga's logic.
Mah dogs are hongrey

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Scotty_Rogers
Aug 7 2018, 02:53 PM
I just don't see the point in trying to rationalize this movie.
Or the series in general :rofl:
Posted Image

If only there was somewhere you could hide...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball GT/Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Designed by McKee91