Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
How did vegito fight as chocolate?
Topic Started: Jul 7 2018, 03:22 AM (654 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Was it because of potara or because the gap was so big that buu's magic wasn't as effective? I kinda get the feeling it's the latter because it's like saying how strong he is but idk
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I always thought it was because of the potara protecting him from Boo's magic, but I don't think an explanation has ever been given.
Posted Image

Piccolo: Just how many people have you sacrificed?!

Cell: Sacrifice? Hmph, rubbish! On the contrary, it is an honor to become a fraction of my power.

Thiln
Member Avatar

Yeah, there's no clear cut explanation for it. Personally, I think it might have had something to do with the nature of the Potara. They may be a fusion device, but their origins, their culture, just the sheer essence of the accessories/devices are rooted in Kaioshin magic. Remember Dabura's comment on Kaioshin and Kibito's energy being unusable? Well why do you suppose that is? Perhaps it has to do with the incompatibility of Majin entities with Kaioshin energy. Could the same be argued for Vegetto, who was a being conceived in that same magic? He was hit with a Majin based ability and it didn't completely rob him of his being (the cognitive part, that is).

It's either the above or just sheer power level difference, in my opinion. Take your pick.
Posted Image
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

I think it's just his powers were that high. Vegito is the only one that was stronger than Buu that he tried to turn into candy. It's possible that the technique doesn't work completely if your opponent is stronger than you.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

If you want to use daizenshuu then

Quote:

He has certain Special Characteristics: , including that his strength doesnít change even if his shape does.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

Id go with the potara as it fits tge theme of the saga.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Yeah it's probably something to do with the potara being magic that gives him special characteristics like the daizenshuu says
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Solid Snake
Member Avatar
滅Are you frightened?

Nah, he was just so damn strong it didn't matter. Like it was said, he only used it on beings weaker than himself, Vegito is the one exception where it partly fails.
Posted Image
Shinnozou tomete kureru! ~ Evil Ryu

SSJG and SSJ4 Goku Sig

Dragon Ball: Ultimate Road Story

Naruto and Goku's Adventure Story

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

Regardless of what supplementary material says, I've always interpreted the scene as a comedic way of potraying just how strong Vegetto was. That seems to be what Toriyama was going for; the manga makes no mention of the Potara having special magic properties other than fusion itself.
Posted Image

PF18
Default Avatar

*hard candy

It is really just a gag scene there isn't really much reason for it to be the case. Unless Vegetto purposely got turned into a hard candy and did something before hand that prevented him from being unable to move like the rest of the candy.

Edit: yeah what everyone else said makes sense. Vegetto is the only person stronger than him that he tried to use it on. From an In-Universe perspective if this wasn't the case he could turn Beerus into candy and defeat him that way.
Edited by PF18, Jul 7 2018, 07:42 PM.

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

I mean vegito would technically be a person fused by magic so he would be a magical being. And we know how well kai and majin magic works together.
Posted Image

+ Steve
Member Avatar
Greetings. I will be your waifu this season.

What if a person retains their strength anyway and the likes of Dabura, who was already in a very weakened state was just too shocked to fight back?

Or maybe it depends on what you are turned in to.

A biscuit isn't very manoeuvrable.

But yeah it could just be that people retain their strength.
Makes sense anyway since their energy isn't removed just morphed.

All the other people he transformed didn't have the ability to do much.
Posted Image

Definitely not a succubus, fear not

ComradeCatgirl
Member Avatar

Because it was funny.

Because ki.

Because the plot said so.

Because Dragon Ball isn't real.

Because it's Dragon Ball where a bunny can turn people into carrots and be forced by a kid with a magic infinitely long stick to live on the moon.

Of all the things in Dragon Ball, this is a weird thing to go "wut" at considering how many baffling decisions and gaping, oozing plot holes the series has.
Edited by ComradeCatgirl, Jul 10 2018, 08:21 PM.

lazerbem
Member Avatar

It's possible everyone can fight back, it's just that the ones Boo ate before were too weak to fight back anyway.
Posted Image
Crazy cat cults in the woods

+ Steve
Member Avatar
Greetings. I will be your waifu this season.

I think that makes the most sense since "Magic" isn't much of an explanation.

Does he not eat any other magical beings?

Also Evil Buu turns Fat Buu in to a chocolate and he doesn't manage to fight back...how not when he's literally a magical creation?
Makes more sense that he was just too weak to make a difference, which in turn explains Dabura.

Intelligence/skill could also be a factor.

If you have to learn how to fly in general it makes sense you might have to learn how to fly as a piece of candy, someone like Vegito is going to figure that out easily.
Edited by Steve, Jul 11 2018, 07:33 PM.
Posted Image

Definitely not a succubus, fear not

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91