Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
"Frozen Delights" - A Young Vegeta Spin-Off; If only we had got this instead of Super Dragon Ball Heroes
Topic Started: Jul 4 2018, 02:30 AM (6,545 Views)
Hebrew Wolfman
Member Avatar

If Toei and Toriyama knew how to milk the cow right - instead of the DBH anime we have got - they could dive into the lore of Frieza's Army and tell us the story of Vegeta's growing up under the tyrant's control.

Just think about it, seeing Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz as the "main cast" with their "daily" routine of communicating with the likes of Zarbon, Dodoria, Cui and the Ginyu Force (I bet they used to bully the Saiyans and make their lunch breaks at the cafeteria a living hell) and perhaps even new characters (who said Bulma was Vegeta's first love, eh?) besides the issue of them being sent to various planets, and expending the knowledge about Frieza's Empire with the movie about to come out. What a waste of a good option.

Niv Lugassi: Posted Image

Click here if you think that Yamcha and Chiaotzu needed to fight in Resurrection 'F'
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

There's not much there tbh. I'm content with what we've received with the saiyans under Frieza's rule to be perfectly honest. I'd rather have the origin of saiyans like the first SS/SSG. Something that has very little background on it. Although, the movie will probably shed some light on that.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

I'd enjoy that.

+ PocketGoggu
Member Avatar
Royal Guard.

I just want them to move on, instead of being so focused on the past with Freeza and milking it to death.
Noice sig from Sushi

Nyah

PF18
Default Avatar

Show a young Nappa with his hair some more. Show Vegeta hanging out with the other Saiyans and making fun of them for being weak compared to him. Show the interactions between a young Vegeta and Zarbon/Dodoria. Show how Freeza ruled his empire.

I wouldn't mind seeing those things.

Hebrew Wolfman
Member Avatar

Son-Goku
Jul 4 2018, 02:41 AM
There's not much there tbh. I'm content with what we've received with the saiyans under Frieza's rule to be perfectly honest. I'd rather have the origin of saiyans like the first SS/SSG. Something that has very little background on it. Although, the movie will probably shed some light on that.
EHEM expending the fandom's knowledge about the 7th Universe, seeing the various races/planets it has instead of being stuck/limited to that PATHETIC "there are only 28 planets with life in the entire universe" excuse/line from Shin in DBS (for why Team Universe 7 had only fighters from Earth + Frieza) EHEM

The SSG story can be depicted within such series in a conversation between Frieza and his elites (or just with Kikono as was in Dragon Ball Minus).

I want to see more scenes like that where the Frieza Army members we never saw on-screen together interact with each other: Frieza, Dodoria and Captain Ginyu talk/discuss missions or plot such.
Posted Image

Maybe even have something funny like Nappa dating Appule's sister without him knowing that. Nappa can be mocked BOTH in-universe and out-universe for not being picky besides being a hotheaded buffoon.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: DhYZRP8V4AABBKL.jpg (77.75 KB)
Edited by Hebrew Wolfman, Jul 7 2018, 09:18 AM.

Click here if you think that Yamcha and Chiaotzu needed to fight in Resurrection 'F'

Hebrew Wolfman
Member Avatar

Don't tell me you pass on an opportunity like this...
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

To be frank, I don't have faith in Toei's ability to pull something like this off. A series like this would necessarily have a dark tone, darker than anything this series has seen before, because all the main characters are evil. The Bardock TV Special worked because Bardock was a tragic character pitted against an even worse character. With something like this, it'd necessarily be about the Saiyans and Freeza's men going to war with the innocent inhabitants of a planet. Lots of death and bloodshed. I don't think that would go over very well with kids, which are the target demographic for the Dragon Ball series. Maybe you could market this as an adult series, but it'd no doubt sour our opinions of Vegeta. Yeah, we know he's done bad things, but if we see him killing thousands of innocent men, women, and children, it makes it a little harder to relate to or sympathize with his character. It was much easier to forgive someone like Darth Vader because we don't see a ton of his heinous acts. The same goes for Vegeta. We saw him kill a village of Namekians, but that's about as bad as we see it get. Everything else is just sorta implied.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide: (Classic)/(Modern)
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

It is weird that Vader slaughtered dozens of children in a prequel and is yet forgiven in later movies. Imagine that happening in real life.

Hebrew Wolfman
Member Avatar

There must be a formula for the writers to tell the story/write the episodes without making it a show that'll inspire kids to be ruthless violent freaks or future serial killers (C'mon, it's Japan, after all): 25% of the episode will be sheer action like in the Saiyan and Namek Sagas (if they're aiming at kids and not hoping to make it suitable for adult fans - they can censor the horrors and bloodsheds like they did in DBS), 65% dialogues, 10% comedy (for the sake of the audience, it is Dragon Ball/anime at the end of the day).

Besides, a series like this will give the fandom much more opportunities to see Jaco and the Galactic Patrol.

Edit: I don't think any Vegeta fan will hate his guts after seeing his upbringing that'll fill in the blanks and details about many issues: * Frieza's race's name?
* Who is the last opponent to casue Frieza to transform (in front of Zarbon)?
* What is the EXACT structre of the Frieza Force's Empire?, How did King Cold ran his empire? Was he really classified from the soldiers' grasp?
* What was Ginyu's original body?
* What is Zarbon and Dodoria's background?
* How was Cui viewed by Vegeta over the years before they were equal in rank and strength?
* How did Nappa and Vegeta knew about Namekians (and by extension - why Raditz didn't knew that... Was he on another mission back when they learnt of Namekians)?
* Was there any connection between the 3rd Stellar Army and the Saiyans (did Vegeta knew about Sorbet, Tagoma and Shisami before RoF)?
Edited by Hebrew Wolfman, Jul 8 2018, 06:21 PM.

ComradeCatgirl
Member Avatar

Hebrew Wolfman
Jul 6 2018, 06:52 PM
EHEM expending the fandom's knowledge about the 7th Universe, seeing the various races/planets it has instead of being stuck/limited to that PATHETIC "there are only 28 planets with life in the entire universe" excuse/line from Shin in DBS (for why Team Universe 7 had only fighters from Earth + Frieza) EHEM
I completely forgot about that. But really, Toriyama has a bad habit of taking every opportunity he has at expanding the setting and immediately ruining it. We're introduced to infinite possibilities and then immediately have the setting shrunken down for the sake of having the greatest possible power escalation done as soon as possible.

Space and alien species a thing in Dragon Ball? Better establish Frieza as the "the strongest in the universe" immediately so we can't have more than one cool space adventure.

A dozen different universes? Time to immediately have a tournament with the strongest fighters from each one.

28 planets doesn't even make sense since I'd assume the saiyans and other freiza soldiers would taken over more than 27 planets, especially with how they're numbered.

Meanwhile, there's certainly narrative potential within The World Trade Organization, especially since it's supposed to be analogous to "land sharks"/real estate agents and their predatory practices, as Toriyama has confirmed in interviews. Corporations having death squads like Frieza does isn't even fiction; look at Cokeacola. There's a lot you can do with corporate and political commentary that could justify it's own spin off. And I know more than one person who'd love a Ginyu Force centric spin off that'd serve as a parody of sentai shows.
Edited by ComradeCatgirl, Jul 10 2018, 06:55 PM.

Sam
Member Avatar
"Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."

This sounds like a Saiyan sitcom :lol: I could see where this would maybe be entertaining, but, I can't imagine it being more than a batch of filler episodes attached to Super. As in, like, flashbacks to Freeza's empire in its "prime" with the Saiyans, him musing, after being returned to life. Something like that. But, as a standalone series? I'm not really sure :huh: doesn't seem like it would go off without being a bit cringy. We could use more lore around this time, granted, we're a bit starved of it. I hope the upcoming movie addresses that as well as some things that Son Goku said above, but, I'm mostly in agreement with him in thinking that the time for this has come and gone.
WoW Legion Ending - Thank you Darker for making this into one, big incredible gif! <3

Posted Image

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

I don't see how much character development can be made from such a series. When Vegeta was first introduced he was a complete a*****, having no qualms about killing anyone to further his own gain. The flashbacks we've already seen are enough to show what sort of kid he was, it's not gonna be all that entertaining without Goku.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

Hebrew Wolfman
Member Avatar

Emmeth
Jul 10 2018, 06:50 PM
I don't see how much character development can be made from such a series. When Vegeta was first introduced he was a complete a*****, having no qualms about killing anyone to further his own gain. The flashbacks we've already seen are enough to show what sort of kid he was, it's not gonna be all that entertaining without Goku.
It's not about character development (which can be done in portraying how vicious and malicious Vegeta becomes as he gradually grows up), the purpose is to explore the Frieza Force's history and it's members and the different dynamics between them. It's all about the fraction's operations in the VASTS of Universe 7.

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

Emmeth
Jul 10 2018, 06:50 PM
Saiyans are born to be fighters but they probably aren't born intrinsically cruel. Vegeta could develop into more and more of a murderous arsehole.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Super · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91