Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Getting into shippuden...now
Topic Started: Jun 28 2018, 10:29 PM (1,228 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I saw naruto part 1 years ago now. I never saw more than a few episodes of shippuden. Not because I didn't like it I just never got to it and eventually kinda lost interest because of that. I vaguely know some parts of the stories and characters in it because reading and hearing about it from people. Within the last year I read some of boruto too

That's all so far. I used to say that some day I would finally watch shippuden and recently I decided I'd do it for sure so I started watching again from episode 1. On episode 4 now

I have some questions though

1. Is it even worth it? Is shippuden that great? I know some people actually prefer part 1. It's a long series even without the crazy amount of filler I hear it has so I want to know if it's worth it to invest that much time into it or should I watch something else like my hero academia?

2. To my knowledge the manga doesn't have the long and insane amount of flashbacks. Despite those I liked naruto part 1 but they were still so annoying. Is it worse in shippuden? I'd rather not read the manga because it's hard for me to read a manga after having seen its anime

Here are some things off the top of my head in the story I already know. Let me know if it's worth watching still

Spoiler: click to toggle

Thanks
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jun 28 2018, 10:33 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Steve
Member Avatar
Greetings. I will be your waifu this season.

First and foremost...

DON'T WATCH THE FILLER

There is more filler than canon stuff, quite literally.

Otherwise I say yeah, definitely worth it. The latter sections of it aren't that great but there's some really good fights still.
The first half or so of the canon stuff is great, it has a solid few arcs in the beginning.
Actually no I'd say it's pretty great until the war starts then it starts going downhill, up until Madara shows up. He's a great villain for a good while.

It's almost worth it just for the soundtrack honestly:

EDIT actually my real recommendation would be watch up until after the Five Kage Summit then read the manga, the anime kinda takes a dive after than.
For instance some characters are meant to be insanely fast but in the anime it looks like they're just running at normal speed, it's pretty poorly done.
It retains mostly high quality for the first like 200 episodes.
Edited by Steve, Jun 28 2018, 11:01 PM.
Posted Image

Definitely not a succubus, fear not
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I'll keep that about the five kage summit in mind

I hear these things a lot things

Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jun 28 2018, 11:14 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

I have to agree with Steve. I stopped after the Kage Summit and finished with the manga. Shippuden has a ridiculous amount of fillers. That was actually my main reason for not watching it anymore. I've seen clips of fights after the Kage Summit and its nice to see but the manga does a great job.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't you ever worry that you're on the Devil's side without even knowing it? - DCI John Luther
Black power ranger; I do not belong... B.o.B - Mr. Mister

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

If you're watching the anime, then skip filler. It's horrible. But this is a fantastic series, so definitely watch it. I'd say if you can, read the manga. But if you're not into that then the anime is still worth it as long as you skip filler. It's for your own good to skip it.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

+ Steve
Member Avatar

No actual spoilers beyond what you mentioned

All in all it's still a great series, I wish it could have ended better but I'm not sad to have experienced it.
Whereas if you ask me about Bleach I'll straight up tell you not to even bother :p

But yeah on the tactical side of things while there's less it's still cool, there's plenty Shikamaru awesomeness to go around.
Beyond that it's pretty cool to see how all the characters grow and it's nice that it doesn't just 100% focus on Naruto.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I'm on episode 41 and have been skipping filler

For the most part the series has been pretty good. I didn't like the fight with sasori and Sakura and chiyo though. Was weird and dragged for way too long

It's really picking up now though
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Yeah the Sasori fight is definitely one of my least favorite fights.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Alright I have a few questions. Btw I'm on episode 70(?)

It's been a long time since I've seen part 1 but can someone briefly explain the cursed seal that orochimaru gave sasuke without spoiling too much later? I'd use the wiki but it's easy to come across spoilers on there and I've already been spoiled a lot for this series

Same with the sharingan

Also, I've read and heard that shippuden becomes more about raw power and flying around doing more typical punch and kick kind of fighting and the fights' scale gets bigger and bigger. Before there was more emphasis on longer fights that were smaller scale and revolved around crafty techniques like traps and stuff

I can kinda see that starting already. My question is, is it because kishimoto wanted this for fun or because he was lazy or whatever, or is it because those traps and other crafty techniques just don't work as well when people have so much firepower? Sometimes I feel like it's the first but other times the latter. Or is it both?
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jul 7 2018, 03:36 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Ssj3vegito96
Jul 7 2018, 03:31 AM

Also, I've read and heard that shippuden becomes more about raw power and flying around doing more typical punch and kick kind of fighting and the fights' scale gets bigger and bigger. Before there was more emphasis on longer fights that were smaller scale and revolved around crafty techniques like traps and stuff

I can kinda see that starting already. My question is, is it because kishimoto wanted this for fun or because he was lazy or whatever, or is it because those traps and other crafty techniques just don't work as well when people have so much firepower? Sometimes I feel like it's the first but other times the latter. Or is it both?
Quote:

It's been a long time since I've seen part 1 but can someone briefly explain the cursed seal that orochimaru gave sasuke without spoiling too much later? I'd use the wiki but it's easy to come across spoilers on there and I've already been spoiled a lot for this series

Without looking it up Orochimaru puts some of his chakra in to the user and it basically allows them to transform and morph their body in a similar way to Oro, giving them a huge power boost as well.

I'm pretty sure there's meant to be some sort of risk alongside it or that it unleashes your latent potential, which is why it makes Sasuke so strong. Something like that.

Quote:

Same with the sharingan

The Sharingan is greatly explained later but for Naruto info it greatly increases ones reflexes, allows them to see chakra and copy techniques. With the reflexes it practically gives the user a bit of precog since they can react to moves faster.
That's why Sasuke was able to dominate like hundreds of Naruto clones with just hand to hand.

Also you've entered one of probably my favourite arcs. There's a lot of tactical stuff in that one.
For that it definitely dumbs down as the series progresses but I think it makes a fine amount of sense.
You can't exactly use tactics to beat someone who can just go "Lol" and destroy the whole area, if you're far weaker than them anyway.

They still use tactics the whole time it's just not quite as in depth, there are tons of combo attacks and distractions going on still.

Out of interest what are you using to avoid filler?
Sometimes episodes will be like half filler but not entirely, if you have a list does it explain that?
For instance 167 could be largely considered filler because there's an extended fight scene but it contains a lot of important canon material(and some cool stuff...but some really badly animated bits too)
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I'm using myanimelist. Should I use something else? I have noticed a couple times when I watch a canon episode and then skip filler and watch the next canon episode it looks like I missed something. But it's not that big of a deal to me at least not yet. I'm enjoying the stuff right now but I'm also just powering through it so I can get to the bigger stuff like pain and tobi
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jul 7 2018, 04:32 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Steve
Member Avatar

I'm sure I found a good list some day that detailed stuff, I'll have a look...

Wasn't this but it's good http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden
So the ones that say Mostly Filler still have some important bits.

And yeah don't skip the Pain stuff, fantastic arcs.

Overall I'd probably say the last amazing one, after that there's still a few good ones but that's the last one that's all round great.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

This might be difficult sorry but can someone refresh my memory on kakashi's backstory up to where I am of course without spoiling anything big later? He's easily one of my favorites who make the show but it's been a long time since I saw part one and I don't remember a lot of characters' back stories

Btw sai is a really cool character. I hear he stays pretty relevant throughout the series which is awesome
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jul 8 2018, 04:10 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Ssj3vegito96
Jul 8 2018, 04:09 AM
This might be difficult sorry but can someone refresh my memory on kakashi's backstory up to where I am of course without spoiling anything big later? He's easily one of my favorites who make the show but it's been a long time since I saw part one and I don't remember a lot of characters' back stories

Btw sai is a really cool character. I hear he stays pretty relevant throughout the series which is awesome
There's a mini flashback arc starting at 119 that explains Kakashi's full story.

I can't quite remember how much is revealed before then.
Basically he's the son of a really top class ninja called White Fang who was more respected than the Sannin. So Kakashi got his skills from there and was basically born a genius, he and Guy have the same story as Naruto and Sasuke to that end.

Somewhere along the line he gets a Sharingan from a dying team mate and since became one of the best Shinobi in the Land of Fire, the Copy Ninja.

That's about all I think I can say but if you're already at the 70 mark it shouldn't take you long to get to it. 119 and 120.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Ok kakashi is by far one of if not my favorites. He's one of the most popular in the fan base right?

He hasn't even had much development or backstory. I don't even know much about him but somehow he's still such a likeable character. Even his fights are some of the best so far. His design is perfect too

He's got that effect where when he shows up you know s***s about to get to down and you know he can get things done

Do you guys prefer sai or sasuke? I like them both but sasuke has cooler abilities
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jul 8 2018, 05:13 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anime & Manga · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91