Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Topic Started: Jun 13 2018, 07:08 AM (442 Views)
+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Posted Image

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate gets a December 7th 2018 release date. Here's a recap of what we know and can expect:

- Every character that has ever appeared in the series will return. This includes Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link, Wolf and Solid Snake. In addition we get, at least initially, 2 new characters in Inkling(s) from Splatoon and Ridley from the Metroid series. Daisy is also added as what is called an echo fighter.
- Echo Fighters is a term used for characters with no original moves or traits. They are essentially clones of other characters, an example being Lucina being an echo fighter of Marth. The Echo fighters we know about are Daisy (Peach), Dark Pit (Pit) and Lucina (Marth). There's no confirmation on Dr. Mario, Lucas, Roy, Falco and Wolf.
- There are at least some returning stages. The working theory is that every single stage from previous games will return in this game. There will also be new stages, such as Great Plateau Tower from Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Moray Towers from Splatoon. There will also be a stage based on New Donk City from Mario Odyssey.
- They have slightly changed how you fight. Blocking and shielding will be more timing-based than ever and some characters have different moves.
- As opposed to Smash 4, you will have to work to unlock characters in this new game. Apparently it will be more difficult than ever to unlock characters.

I'll add more to OP if people have more information.
At any rate; Discuss!
Edited by Emmeth, Jun 13 2018, 01:55 PM.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

So that's what they're calling it lol

Interesting, seems like the roster is gonna be huge.
Posted Image

* Stark
Member Avatar
Warden Of The North

Roy is not an echo fighter, most of his moves have been reworked since Melee, enough to be treated as an entirely different character altogether. Dr. Mario too has gotten reworked, although we don't yet know to what extent. In his character trailer he displays a brand new d-air, which seems to work like Ganondorf's. I'm gonna miss the little drill. ;_;7

Either way, if you know me you'll probably be aware of how stoked I am for this game. I definitely need to buy a Switch now ROFL. The fact that they're bringing everyone back is very very cool, I know some people missed their old Brawl mains dearly, Snake especially I feel is a big deal. His tilts look as brain-dead as they were in Brawl, but I think I've seen a new down smash from him. I never really played much of him but I'm excited to see him back.

Wolf too is another character that I was sort of upset to see cut from Brawl, so I'm glad he's back and he's so much cooler looking this time around holy moly.

And Ridley...... Sakurai is a madman. He finally f***ing did it! I popped off so hard when I saw him in the trailer (despite Megaman and Mario's horrible deaths holy f***), us Ridley fans lost the battles back in Brawl and Sm4sh but goddammit we won the war. I feel morally compelled to try and play both him and Wolf when the game comes out, even though Ridley's probably going to blow. Heavies have a mostly poor history in SSB. Ah well, can't go too wrong with a spacie... usually.

Gameplay looks fast, it appears recoveries have been nerfed quite a bit which is definitely a plus for me. Smash 4 had some serious "magnet hands" to snap to the ledge, and it seems this time things are going back to the roots of the series, which is going to make edgeguarding even more engaging. I've heard from some of the pros that the punish game seems to be even better than 4, and the invitational showcased that in some aspects. By the way, I'm so happy that Zero won there lmao. Definitely felt right.

Defensive options in general seem to have been nerfed a fair bit, which also makes me happy. Rolling too many times in a row makes it so you don't get as many invincibility frames and get stuck in the animation for a little longer and that seems fair. DIRECTIONAL AIRDODGING BFPHGPWHDWJDK HOLY s***! Although wavedashing and wavelanding don't seem to be that good. :( But hey there's the possibility that they listen to what the people said at the tournament! We might be getting it back. More movement options are always welcome...

... and on that note, dashing has been buffed. Dashdancing seems to be a mixture of SSBM's and Sm4sh's. Also, you can do both tilts and smashes out of your dash, which is f***ing bonkers. Can't wait.

Last but not least: The new Zelda design is heccin cute
Posted Image
Posted Image
A Time For Wolves

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

Yeah, Roy shouldn't be an echo fighter. He's as much of an echo fighter as Luigi is to Mario.

I get the feeling this might be the last SSB game, what with the title and the fact they're bringing every character back.

Ridley is in smash... now we need Goku too
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Stark
Jun 13 2018, 12:59 PM
Roy is not an echo fighter, most of his moves have been reworked since Melee, enough to be treated as an entirely different character altogether. Dr. Mario too has gotten reworked, although we don't yet know to what extent. In his character trailer he displays a brand new d-air, which seems to work like Ganondorf's. I'm gonna miss the little drill. ;_;7

Either way, if you know me you'll probably be aware of how stoked I am for this game. I definitely need to buy a Switch now ROFL. The fact that they're bringing everyone back is very very cool, I know some people missed their old Brawl mains dearly, Snake especially I feel is a big deal. His tilts look as brain-dead as they were in Brawl, but I think I've seen a new down smash from him. I never really played much of him but I'm excited to see him back.

Wolf too is another character that I was sort of upset to see cut from Brawl, so I'm glad he's back and he's so much cooler looking this time around holy moly.

And Ridley...... Sakurai is a madman. He finally f***ing did it! I popped off so hard when I saw him in the trailer (despite Megaman and Mario's horrible deaths holy f***), us Ridley fans lost the battles back in Brawl and Sm4sh but goddammit we won the war. I feel morally compelled to try and play both him and Wolf when the game comes out, even though Ridley's probably going to blow. Heavies have a mostly poor history in SSB. Ah well, can't go too wrong with a spacie... usually.

Gameplay looks fast, it appears recoveries have been nerfed quite a bit which is definitely a plus for me. Smash 4 had some serious "magnet hands" to snap to the ledge, and it seems this time things are going back to the roots of the series, which is going to make edgeguarding even more engaging. I've heard from some of the pros that the punish game seems to be even better than 4, and the invitational showcased that in some aspects. By the way, I'm so happy that Zero won there lmao. Definitely felt right.

Defensive options in general seem to have been nerfed a fair bit, which also makes me happy. Rolling too many times in a row makes it so you don't get as many invincibility frames and get stuck in the animation for a little longer and that seems fair. DIRECTIONAL AIRDODGING BFPHGPWHDWJDK HOLY s***! Although wavedashing and wavelanding don't seem to be that good. :( But hey there's the possibility that they listen to what the people said at the tournament! We might be getting it back. More movement options are always welcome...

... and on that note, dashing has been buffed. Dashdancing seems to be a mixture of SSBM's and Sm4sh's. Also, you can do both tilts and smashes out of your dash, which is f***ing bonkers. Can't wait.

Last but not least: The new Zelda design is heccin cute
Alright, I'll change that. Lucina is definely echo fighter though.

I also need to get a Switch! I'm planning on getting on after my birthday in July for sure, so December can't come fast enough! I'm glad everybody is back even though I wasn't a huge fan of Snake in particular. He might grow on me like R.O.B has though, we'll see.

I know fans have been wanting Ridley for a while and though I understand the excitement I would've much preferred someone like King K. Rool. Dixie is another one I'd like to see at some point even though we shouldn't expect too many new fighters. I definitely think Crash Bandicoot will make an appearance in some form or another though.

I'm definitely a fan of the way they have changed the game. At many points the previous games didn't really feel rewarding enough when it came to defeating other fighters, it felt too easy. Combos was a nice addition in the previous game, hopefully they can build on that.

Oh and yeah... Zelda is super cute and looks really fun to play. With what I've seen I have a strong feeling she'll be one of my mains in SSBU.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

* Stark
Member Avatar
Warden Of The North

Totally agreed on Lucina, I don't think she has any distinct animations. :P

Thanks for making the thread Emm!
Posted Image
Posted Image
A Time For Wolves

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Yeah Roy isn't listed as an echo fighters. Here's a list of all the fighters and their numbers https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/ There's an "ε" by everyone who's an echo fighter. In any case, I was overall very pleased with the presentation shown. My main issue was Link, it seemed they changed his move set up a bit and his special, not happy about that. As well, his blue outfit is now being seen as his symbol and is on the cover of the box and all art. I don't like that at all, Link should be seen in his green tunic. I don't care if the blue one is an alternative outfit, but the green one shouldn't be the one that's alternative. Link is my favorite character, so this upsets me a bit.

There are some re-designs that I do enjoy. While I loved Zelda's previous one, I'm okay with this new one and I think it looks cool. I hope her moves aren't too different though, as I enjoyed playing as her in the past. Ganondorf as well seems massively improved and is now looking like his own character. One of his attacks has a sword and his new special is awesome. It's kind of cool that each Zelda character is representing a different game. Except Young Link seems to be Ocarina of Time rather than Majora's Mask, which is good. Glad they brought him back btw. I'm happy they brought all characters back.

The roster is overflowing with goodness, but I don't think this is the end tbh. Not counting DLCs, Smash 4 started off with 14 new characters. Now, we might not get quite as many to start off with. I'd say at least 7 new characters though. We already have Ridley, Inkling, and Daisy. Honestly, at this point there's not a lot I want to see. The only characters I'd want would be from Fire Emblem, I think Ephraim or Hector would be a great add since neither of them use swords. Bringing in a lance or an axe would make things interesting. Even a mage like Micaiah could be good and solely focuses on that, rather than having a sword as well like Robin. Besides that, it'd be great to see some characters that aren't Nintendo enter. I'd love to see Goku make it into this game.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

I suspect Dr. Mario will be more of a classic Mario considering they seem to be moving towards Odyssey Mario with him having Cappy. That's probably why he isn't considered an echo fighter.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

Accelerator
Member Avatar
最強の能力者

I'm so hyped, still can't believe they added Ridley. I was hoping for more new fighters though.
Posted Image

Utahime

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Stark
Jun 13 2018, 12:59 PM
And Ridley...... Sakurai is a madman. He finally f***ing did it! I popped off so hard when I saw him in the trailer (despite Megaman and Mario's horrible deaths holy f***), us Ridley fans lost the battles back in Brawl and Sm4sh but goddammit we won the war.

Screw Ridley, Daisy is finally in the game!! Yaaay!!

No but seriously, Ridley's introduction was sick. The way it just mercilessly picked off Mega Man and Mario, piercing the former's torso with his tail and crushing the latter's skull, was badass and more graphic than I could've anticipated. The way it toyed with Mario's hat afterwards was really awesome too, it's like the only time he's shown any personality other than being a feral beast besides the manga, and it makes sense Samus would fear him, that bastard killed her parents.

Posted Image

Speaking of, it was cool to see her at the end of the cinematic but I almost thought some other guest character was gonna pop up out of the fire... Like Scorpion or something lol

Notaka
Jun 13 2018, 01:08 PM
Ridley is in smash... now we need Goku too

Speaking of Scorpion, even his chances are better than Goku's with Smash lol
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

^What? Who's Scorpion?
Accelerator
Jun 13 2018, 04:23 PM
I'm so hyped, still can't believe they added Ridley. I was hoping for more new fighters though.
I imagine we'll still get some. I don't know why we wouldn't and it's not like them to reveal all of them at once. I suspect that they'll release individual trailers throughout the rest of the year before the game is released. That's my guess.
Edited by Son-Goku, Jun 13 2018, 06:27 PM.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

Son-Goku
Jun 13 2018, 06:27 PM
^What? Who's Scorpion?
Accelerator
Jun 13 2018, 04:23 PM
I imagine we'll still get some. I don't know why we wouldn't and it's not like them to reveal all of them at once. I suspect that they'll release individual trailers throughout the rest of the year before the game is released. That's my guess.
If I'm not mistaken, he should be referring to Scorpion from Mortal Kombat:
Posted Image

Yeah, even though he's from an 18+ series of game, he has more chance of getting in than Goku lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

I busted all kinds of something when my boy Ridley showed up. I don't have a Switch and he is the reason I'm getting a Switch so that I can get this game so I can pay as that awesome bastard. Quite honestly, I doubt there's going to be a character more hyped for this game than Ridley.

Quote:

Heavies have a mostly poor history in SSB. Ah well, can't go too wrong with a spacie... usually.

To be fair, Dedede was one of the best characters in Brawl (Not so much in 4 though) and Bowser, who a pretty weak character in both Melee and Brawl, improved tremendously in 4. A lot of the characters have changed due to the game designs. Mewtwo was a pretty weak character in Melee who got turned into a beast in 4. Falco was one of the best characters Melee and Brawl but was severely handicapped when it came to 4. JIgglypuff was another one of those characters, spectacular in Melee, suckage in the rest.

Quote:

Ganondorf as well seems massively improved and is now looking like his own character.

They finally gave the damn man his sword.

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

Depends which heavies were talking about. Snake is a "heavy" yet is top tier in brawl. Dedede is another high tiered character. But yeah, they tend to be low tier.

The best characters are those agile and fast, yet moderately powerful characters. I'm talking about the likes of Bayonetta, Cloud in SSB4, Melee Fox, and 64's Pikachu. Brawl's Meta Knight is honestly retarded.

So the very best character tend to be average weight or lightweight.

Also I'm kinda disappointed Ganondorf is going to be much different from Captain Falcon. I mean sure, it's nice for him to be his character, but I'm gonna miss his gameplay of "Stronger & Slower Captain Falcon".
Posted Image

Posted Image

* Stark
Member Avatar
Warden Of The North

Yeah, there definitely are a few exceptions-- Brawl DDD is very reliant on chaingrabbing to make up for a fairly lackluster neutral, while Snake is just really good in general.

DK was also fairly good in Sm4sh but like Bowser he sucked upon release, it's mostly thanks to patches that they improved so much. Kill confirms for days.

Falco needs his f***ing dair back. Goddammit I'll settle for just that. Keep the goddamn lasers.
Posted Image
Posted Image
A Time For Wolves

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91