Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Resurrection "?"
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 03:01 PM (4,727 Views)
+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Let's replace Frieza with any other villain. Who would you choose if you could bring back one villain in place of Frieza? I would choose Raditz, that'd also be a great opportunity to bring him to the ToP later too.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

Honestly, I can't think of anyone that could replace Frieza. Cell would be cool but weird, Buu just died.

Frieza is like the main villain of the series; Everyone hates him and almost everyone has something personal with him.

Raditz could work, I felt like he wasn't used well. You think with him being Goku's bro, he'd have an important role. No he just dies in the 2nd or 3rd episode.... Or maybe he isn't as dead as we think he is?

Though I'd probably bring a villain like Piccolo Daimao. Vegeta would be the only one that doesn't know him. Also it could make for an interesting arc that focuses on Piccolo; Have him face his Dad. And it could make Piccolo stronger, like fusing with his dad, and become the true "Nameless Namekian".
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

Dabura would work. We never really see his personality when he's not posessed, and he could bring a whole new world, the demon realm, with him.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Isn't Dabura a good guy now? Or was that anime only?
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

It was stated he was sent to heaven because he'd enjoy hell too much, but the manga didn't show him in heaven being all nice and stuff, so presumably in the manga Dabura's his same evil self, just hating heaven.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Ah, I see. That would be cool though and having demon minions instead of Frieza soldiers.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

Sam
Member Avatar
It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.

Cell feels too obvious and cliche. Hm, Raditz isn't a bad option. I mean, power scaling wasn't a very big issue in Super, so, it could be explained that he was training in hell... or, you could have both Raditz and Nappa return as a duo and their opponents are not Goku/Vegeta, but, that's who they're after. Kinda like F, before Vegeta and Goku deus ex Whis'd across the universe to save the day.

How about Garlic Jr. comes back from the Dead Zone? :p

This should be an interesting topic. I tilted my head back and thought about it for a second. I suppose you could have a return of King Piccolo, of sorts. That sounds insane and probably way too out of left field, but, screw it, I'm diving into the deep end and smashing my head here. Let's say there were two Piccolo Jr's in that egg, and one was more predisposed to the King's maniacal and evil tendencies than the other. Our Piccolo doesn't know him, and he has been training in secret/off-planet (since Namekians only need water and I'm unsure if they need to breathe) and has come back to seek his rights as King. Now this sounds like a bad fanfic, but, Piccolo and Gohan could take him on, for instance.

Man, that sounds silly and I'm not even smoking. :lol: It'd also be interesting if Gero could have some sort of a comeback, but, the movies and alternate realities along with Super 17 in GT kind of ruined all possibilities of interesting avenues to create a return from. Not to mention Cell being his creation and one of the big three villains in Dragon Ball Z.
WoW Legion Ending - Thank you Darker for making this into one, big incredible gif! <3

Billa
Member Avatar
Thala na Gethu!

Revival of.... Kid Boo with Ultra Instinct would make Beerus & Goku pee in their godly pants lol

Dats like equivalent to relive nightmares like Broly

Mike XL
Member Avatar

No one but Freeza works.

Dankness Lava
Member Avatar
Dankness Forever

Have Dr. Gero come back and fuse 17 and 18 :D
Posted Image

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

I'm not that interested in Raditz, nobody of Goku's full saiyan bloodline has any business being special except for the one who hit his head and was raised in abnormal circumstances. Otherwise it'd just become a super saiyan (god) bargain sale.

I'd like to see an evil anti-Z fighters team. Freeza, Cell, Dabura, Goku Black, Zamasu working together and negating their opponents advantages of numbers.
Edited by superperfectnerd, Jun 12 2018, 09:45 PM.

PF18
Default Avatar

Resurrecting Freeza was a good decision and they would have been dumb to revive anyone else. Freeza was the best option. Most iconic,most interesting villain by far. And itd be less believable if say Piccolo Daimao came back and became strong enough to be a threat

The only problem was it wasnt executed well

+ Paladin
Member Avatar

Freeza was the best option for a villain to bring back. If I had to pick another... I'd have to side with Clearin. Dabura would be the next best choice.

Thiln
Member Avatar

Dabura is a good answer and one that contains a whole host of possibilities regarding lore and makaio-oriented warriors. They would need to find a workaround for addressing the fact that he was deemed to be the most powerful from his realm. Possibly it could involve utilising magic and rituals from the Makaioshin' stock in order to justify a power increase and maybe some quirky and arcane abilities. In addition, they could establish the layers of monarchical authority that dictate the Makai and where other natives from the realm fit into the system Dabura has made or inherited. Surely he would have a military and knights under his command. If you want to give the subsidiary Z-fighters some time to fight then there's your reasonable justification for the inclusion. Hopefully the script writers could find ways to set Dabura's conflict with Earth apart from Freeza's because in the theoretical stages they do sound kind of similar, in my opinion.

Everyone else already explained the most plausible alternative answers. Cell would be hackneyed and too expected. Unlike Freeza, he doesn't carry the same personable volatility and tension as the intergalactic tyrant. It's a strange conclusion to make when you muse upon the origins of Cell's character and how he actually ties in so well to the history of the fighters back when they were still relatively young in the DB era. For all one knows, the lack of desire to use him may stem from his substandard appeal in relation to Freeza and the fact that he was defeated in what could be retroactively considered an awkward period in the franchise's history since Gohan was still being poised to take the mantle from his father. Moreover, there's also the intricacy of his design which could pose as another deterrent from using Cell.

The Buus are already alive in some form or another. Next to Dabura, King Piccolo could provide for an engaging conflict with the Piccolo we all know (and love) since they both happen to represent the same fundamental essence of character, just reincarnated into the offspring of the former. However, that being said, you're going to have one heck of a time justifying a rational narrative when the villain in question could be flicked to death by Yajirobe. Toei would have to innovate the methods and mentality of the universe for something beyond just raw strength to give imposition to a character. Since the likelihood of that happening is virtually null, the best excuse would be to have King Piccolo somehow get his hands on the Namekian Book of Legends and discover a mythos that would enable someone like himself to obtain incredible power comparable to an Hakaishin's - even then, to go from being weaker than Kami to challenging someone who possess Ultra Instinct is incredibly farfetched. No, there would have to be some additional measures taken to give the proper framework for KP's power attainment.

Who else could we bring back that seems interesting enough? Nappa? Ginyu? Gero? Commander Red? None of them have the kind of notoriety required to be the premiere focus of a separate movie. I don't even know how you could make Red a menace in the context of fighting our heroes.
Posted Image

Axl
Member Avatar

Probably go with Grandpa Gohan.

I can already picture it,

Goku: Yo Grandpa Gohan, what's haps on the craps?

Grandpa Gohan: Goku, you cracker...

Both of them proceed to have an epic fight. The End.

Axl Reviews:The Casual Version

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Super · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91