Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Was Artifical Human 8 a Cyborg or Android/Robot?
Topic Started: Jun 9 2018, 08:26 PM (353 Views)
TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
Formerly known as daman

Was he a Cyborg like 17/18/20 or was he an Android/Robot like 16/19?
kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

Make the old spam section viewable plz

Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Some guides say that he's a cyborg, but Toriyama says that he's a robot so that's what I'd go with.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Eighter is an android like #16. Almost all Dragon Ball media treat it as such.

It's a pretty logical thought aswell considering Gero treated 17 and 18 as newly designed androids. Every android up until them did not have any organic parts.
Edited by Emmeth, Jun 13 2018, 04:23 PM.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

I mean i thought he was being treated as organic when wished back. And i thought a similar wish did not work on 16.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

StrenuousSpider
Jun 13 2018, 06:09 PM
I mean i thought he was being treated as organic when wished back. And i thought a similar wish did not work on 16.
What wish didn't work on 16? He was brought back to life, we just never see him again.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

Evil Vegeta
Member Avatar

Eighter was crying, eating food, and gave energy to the Genki-Dama along with everyone else.

I feel like he was shown to be more like a cyborg than a robot.

But as mentioned, AT said he's a robot, so.

Thiln
Member Avatar

Gero's new body was technically all mechanical except for the brain. He would constitute as a cyborg. #8? Well Toriyama apparently interprets his character as being robotic like #16 and #19. Does it match up with the information we're given in the manga? No, not necessarily. As explained by others, #8 demonstrated biological functions that you wouldn't expect to see from a machine. For Porunga to revive him to the world of the living implies that he does have a soul since an artificially constructed machine should logically not be brought back unless the wish was specifically worded to include entities like androids (#17 and #18 are technically cyborgs).
Posted Image

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

Son-Goku
Jun 13 2018, 06:20 PM
StrenuousSpider
What wish didn't work on 16? He was brought back to life, we just never see him again.
I thought they wished for the people cell killed back and 16 stayed dead.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

StrenuousSpider
Jun 14 2018, 12:40 AM
Son-Goku
StrenuousSpider
I mean, it's very doubtful that he stayed dead. Nothing is stated about him staying dead and if we see that Eighter can be revived by the Dragon Balls, then there is no reason why he couldn't be as well.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

Son-Goku
Jun 14 2018, 12:44 AM
StrenuousSpider
Son-Goku
StrenuousSpider
I mean, it's very doubtful that he stayed dead. Nothing is stated about him staying dead and if we see that Eighter can be revived by the Dragon Balls, then there is no reason why he couldn't be as well.
I mean as of a important character he was in gohans story you would think we would see him revived but we dont, You would think we would see him give energy to spirit bomb and other cameos like Android 8 but we dont. So its fair to say they are not treated the same.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

StrenuousSpider
Jun 14 2018, 01:22 AM
Son-Goku
StrenuousSpider
Son-Goku
StrenuousSpider
I mean as of a important character he was in gohans story you would think we would see him revived but we dont, You would think we would see him give energy to spirit bomb and other cameos like Android 8 but we dont. So its fair to say they are not treated the same.
It's possible that Toriyama simply forgot or that he didn't want to show or mention him for the fact that it may weaken the emotion behind what had happened with Gohan's transformation. There is zero reason why 16 wouldn't be brought back to life.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

Evil Vegeta
Member Avatar

Every guide on the matter basically say #16 was killed by Cell and mention nothing about a revival.

I think something like that would've been clarified somewhere if it were remotely true.

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

Son-Goku
Jun 14 2018, 01:24 AM
StrenuousSpider
Jun 14 2018, 01:22 AM
Son-Goku
StrenuousSpider
Son-Goku
StrenuousSpider
It's possible that Toriyama simply forgot or that he didn't want to show or mention him for the fact that it may weaken the emotion behind what had happened with Gohan's transformation. There is zero reason why 16 wouldn't be brought back to life.
Fact he has no life is a good one. He dies he dose not go to other world.

Being wished back would not undermine gohans transformation. If that was the case wishing everyone back would undermine cell. Wishing krillian back changed nothing on the emotion felt when goku turned ssj because he was killed. Toriyama may be forgetful but i dont think he forgot about 16 that fast.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

I suppose the other possibility is that Eighter was revived as a part of the earth, rather than the lifeforms.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

Son-Goku
Jun 14 2018, 01:38 AM
I suppose the other possibility is that Eighter was revived as a part of the earth, rather than the lifeforms.
That would explain his revival but not the fact that he has a lofe force.
Edited by StrenuousSpider, Jun 14 2018, 01:43 AM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91