Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
DC might kill Wally West again
Topic Started: May 28 2018, 10:47 PM (1,147 Views)
+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
My Dear Melancholy,

Posted Image
Quote:

The highly anticipated showdown between DC’s two Scarlet Speedsters, Barry Allen and Wally West, kicked off with a bang in the pages of The Flash #47 – part one of Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter’s “Flash War” storyline. However, few wars are waged without resulting in casualties along the way, and the odds don’t appear to be in Wally’s favor.

Porter’s cover for The Flash #47 features Wally and Barry with eyes locked and fists clenched, and just below them, the headline reads, “After this there will be only one!” Of course, while it’s entirely possible this is a simple hyperbole sprinkled in for dramatic effect, one can’t help but wonder if Wally’s days as the secondary Flash of the DC Universe are numbered.

DC co-publisher Dan DiDio has never shied away from the fact that he’s not a fan of the Wally West iteration of The Flash. In 2011, just after the character was removed from the playing field with the launch of The New 52, CBR asked then-Flash creative team Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato about Wally’s status in the revamped DCU. “The pitch is on Dan [DiDio’s] desk,” a laughing Manapul replied. “Let’s see if he finds it! That’s really all there is to say!”

DiDio was one of the main advocates behind bringing Barry back as the main Flash in 2009, despite many readers still clinging to Wally as their favorite incarnation of the Scarlet Speedster. Given his unapologetic preference for one Flash over the other, you’d have to imagine he’s probably not a fan of the two men sharing the mantle in the post-Rebirth era

I don't understand why Dan DiDio is allowed to use Wally West at all. 2009, 2011, and maybe 2018-2019 he always tried and TWICE gotten rid of Wally West. The bestFlash.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Axl
Member Avatar

Why you getting so worked up over some fictional character, bruh? It's not like they are completely erasing Flash from existence or something. It's just another dude inside the costume.

Axl Reviews:The Casual Version

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
My Dear Melancholy,

Huh? What? My post wasn't even hostile, emotional, or even long enough to be considered worked up.....what on God's name are you talking about.

Also did I imply or say they erasing Flash? I said Wally West.

I only question why a writer who doesn't like the character writes the character's fate that's all.
Edited by QueenTD, May 29 2018, 02:58 AM.
Posted Image

jason vorhees
Member Avatar

Axl
May 29 2018, 01:49 AM
Why you getting so worked up over some fictional character, bruh? It's not like they are completely erasing Flash from existence or something. It's just another dude inside the costume.
good point

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

It's not a good point though, she's not getting worked up over anything, Axl.
Posted Image

Piccolo: Just how many people have you sacrificed?!

Cell: Sacrifice? Hmph, rubbish! On the contrary, it is an honor to become a fraction of my power.

Rockman
Member Avatar
hoighty-toighty

We all know DC erasures are never really true erasures. Maybe one for that story line and series, but there will always be another Earth, another time shift, another writer.
Also, DC authors know for a fact that "killing off" characters results in greater sales and the potential for more stories. Altering the line in this manner gives way to a new set of characters, a new feeling among the characters, another story to write. Bringing them back eventually gives the reader the fist pump hell yeah that we really want.

Some of the greatest comic moments involved the death of a character. Superman, Hulk, Wolverine.... Barry Allen when he got hit with the Anti-Matter canon. Then you pick up another comic that needs that character to be relevant, like when you pick up Blackest Night, and then "oh look, Barry's alive again".
Posted Image

JAke is a copyright of Spazo and Pickle Flavored Fudge Pops inc.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Rockman
May 29 2018, 12:37 PM
Then you pick up another comic that needs that character to be relevant, like when you pick up Blackest Night, and then "oh look, Barry's alive again".

Blackest Night isn't a good example of this, though. Most of the characters there weren't really themselves.
Posted Image

Cell: Sacrifice? Hmph, rubbish! On the contrary, it is an honor to become a fraction of my power.

Rockman
Member Avatar
hoighty-toighty

What's so bad about Wally dying anyway? It's the highlight of any series.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Queen really likes Wally, duh. lol
Posted Image

Rockman
Member Avatar
hoighty-toighty

Darker
May 30 2018, 12:35 PM
Queen really likes Wally, duh. lol
Well I really like Barry. I don't mind Wally.

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Jay's the best anyway :cool:
Posted Image

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
My Dear Melancholy,

Black Wally and Wally West are confirmed two different characters.
Posted Image

Rockman
Member Avatar
hoighty-toighty

QueenTD
May 30 2018, 01:18 PM
Black Wally and Wally West are confirmed two different characters.
A dead Wally is still a dead Wally.

Quote:

Jay's the best anyway :cool:

I can get behind this.
Posted Image

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

Barry is my favorite but his return sort of ruined the Flash mythos almost irreparably. Should've remained dead.
Posted Image

Dbzk1999
Default Avatar

Topographic Oceans
May 30 2018, 03:14 PM
Barry is my favorite but his return sort of ruined the Flash mythos almost irreparably. Should've remained dead.
This to a tee, guy had probably one of if not the best heroic sacrifice in comics, and was gone for what, 20 years? (I remember the reason he wasn’t in JL was because of the fact that he was dead). Also helped Wally develop even more as he finally took on the role of the flash. That got thrown away when Barry came back
Posted Image

Until the Battle is Won

USMA 2021

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Books & Comics · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91