Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Is Chi-Chi a bad mother?
Topic Started: May 15 2018, 07:26 PM (516 Views)
+ Goggu
Member Avatar
Royal Guard.

Is she?
Noice sig from Sushi

Nyah
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

No, she isn't. She cares for her sons more than anything in the world, wants them to have peaceful and successful lives, and gets irritated at Goku because he's such a bad father
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

Goddess Ultimecia
Member Avatar

^That but unironically
Posted Image

NinjaSushi Colouring
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

She's not bad, just overprotective and cares too much about school. (Sounds like my mom)
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

No, but I'd argue she sorta robbed Gohan of his childhood. It's important to use your authority to guide a child to success, but Chi-Chi is too strict IMO. I mean, how often did he have free time? Any time he wasn't studying, he was getting his a** kicked, which I'm sure isn't fun either.
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, May 15 2018, 08:49 PM.
Posted Image
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita

Bad User
Member Avatar

Yes. Just because parents are not careless about their children, does not mean by default that they are good parents.

I believe that on this topic (not on the forum, but in general), some people fail to make a parallel to the real world.

They should imagine what would be like as young boys, trying to naturally develop onto their own personality and masculinity, with their mothers(=women) constantly stepping on that and eager to control every move they make.

Also, they should imagine what would be like as persons, to have their parent force them, since 4-years-old, to study for a career they themselves have chosen. How very healthy for the child's psychic, isn't it?

Now throw that into real life and you'd have not only shrinks, but also lots of non-professional people telling how this obstructs the normal development of an individual. In simple terms, how that can f*** up someone's life and make them develop different forms of complex, mental disorders ot stuff.

Besides the stupidity that Gohan's homework >>>>> saving the Earth for Gohan to be able to do homework, s***ting on your child's freewill and right to choose their own path in life is almost as bad as not caring at all. Let's just admit Toryiama ran out of ideas for her.
Posted Image

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

If Goku is considered a bad father, Chi-Chi should be considered a bad mother for the complete opposite reasons.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Emmeth
May 15 2018, 09:19 PM
If Goku is considered a bad father, Chi-Chi should be considered a bad mother for the complete opposite reasons.
What?
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios

Sky
Member Avatar
One Special Nerd

I think she has her heart in the right place, but pushes her son, Gohan, waaay too hard.

He's a very well mannered kid, but he rarely has any time to be a kid. When he's not protecting the world from some threat, he's doing homework or getting yelled at. Obviously she wants Gohan to end up in a good job so that he could provide for his family when he eventually got one, but eesh, making his life revolve around that? Kiiinda sucks.

Gohan didn't have a childhood, he had to grow up fast due to the situations the Z-fighters got into (ex. the battle with the saiyans) aaand Chi-chi shoving school down his throat. She means well, but has an unhealthy / bad way of going about it.

I am amazed Gohan turned out as well as he did.
The Best Duo!
Posted Image
Commission Me | Find Me Elsewhere

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Greenough
May 16 2018, 12:48 AM
Emmeth
What?
If Goku is considered a bad father for not being there enough, Chi-Chi should be considered a bad mother for being the too much.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Emmeth
May 16 2018, 01:57 AM
Greenough
May 16 2018, 12:48 AM
Emmeth
What?
If Goku is considered a bad father for not being there enough, Chi-Chi should be considered a bad mother for being the too much.
How does that make sense?

Also, I don't necessarily think Goku is a bad father.
Posted Image

RP Character Bios

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
My Dear Melancholy,

She did was most parents do. Inexperienced with first child. Second child before DBS she was more laid back. Idk why DBS made her more....strict.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Wolf
Member Avatar
Shadow Realm >

ChiChi basically raised gohan and goten alone. She’s a great mom. A lot better parent then Goku was
Posted Image

me&dingo

Shadow Realms Future

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
Formerly known as daman

She's not a terrible mother. It's hard to say exactly because Gohan is a kid who loves to study, so would to some extent like having a mother who pushes him academically, whereas if he was into sports or fighting, pushing him like that could maybe be a problem. Plus, in East Asia it's pretty common to emphasise studies to an extent that might seem strict in some other cultures. On top of that, her child is not in a normal situation at all - sure, she comes from a martial arts family, but even then Gohan's childhood is vastly different to hers, so it can't be easy to know how to raise him.
kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

Make the old spam section viewable plz

Bad User
Member Avatar

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
May 16 2018, 07:56 PM
It's hard to say exactly because Gohan is a kid who loves to study, so would to some extent like having a mother who pushes him academically
It's exactly the other way around.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91