Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Greenough reads X/1999
Topic Started: May 9 2018, 01:17 AM (229 Views)
+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Code Geass apparently drew tons of inspiration from this series and the ratings are not bad. So I figured I'd give it a shot. The ratings are a lot higher than the anime adaptations, so I figured I was better off reading.

Volume 1

Chapter 1: Right now the character Fuuma and his sister seem to be what Lelouch and his sister Nunnaly's relationship seems to be based off of. The main character, Kamui, is the one that Lelouch is mainly based off of though. He seems to be a friend of theirs. Well and it seems that Kamui has some sort of super power.
Spoiler: click to toggle
So it seems that Fuma and Kotori haven't seen Kamui in years, but now he's back as a transfer student. Well, Kamui seems to be a d-bag as of now. Hasn't began a conversation with his former friends yet. Great 'ol flash backs of Kamui asking to marry Kotori when they were kids. Kamui is popular with the girls, just as Lelouch was. And now Kamui and Kotori get to talk and Kamui turns her down. Seems to be a reason he's acting like this, though I'm sure I'll find out.

Chapter 2: Kamui is being described as the one who will determine the world's fate. Sort of similar to Lelouch, although that was Lelouch's goal. They're describing him as someone who is strong with the darkness. Interesting image
Demon wing and an angel wing. Looks like he'll either save or destroy the world. Something like that. Seems Kotori had fainted down the stairs and Kamui had taken her to the infirmary room. I knew he couldn't be all that bad. And somehow the nurse knows Kamui lol.

Chapter 3: Forgot to mention his mom is dead, also seems to be a big major driving force of this series like it is in Code Geass. Seems to be that the guy Kamui fought earlier is back and asked him why he didn't use kekkai. Not sure what that is yet. They seem to using some type of fire to fight. Also it appears that Kamui doesn't care if he hurts anyone innocent, while his opponent does.
Kamui then unleashed a massive blast that sent his opponent down through a building, but his opponent is still alive to Kamui's surprise and enjoyment. His opponent is now using wind techniques. Final scan of chapter.

Chapter 4: That blast from before was Kamui's and knocked the guy unconscious. He was about to kick him off the cliff, until some woman showed up. Disgusting, she just made a sword come out of her hand.
She swung the sword and then disappeared with the guy that Kamui fought. Saiki is the dude's name. Saiki definitely thinks that Kamui isn't Kamui due to him not caring about the innocent and acting violent.

Chapter 5: This chick reminds me of Kaguya from Naruto
Not much happened in this chapter, she was doing this thing called dream gazing then Kamui broke it.

Chapter 6: Welp, Kamui fell off the building and passed out from his injuries from the battle against Saiki. Kotori is leaving the house, I'm sure she'll find Kamui. Never mind, Kamui isn't passed out but he looks like crap. But Fuma came across him instead of Kotori.

Chapter 7: Kamui is arguing with Fuma not wanting to receive help from him. Keeps falling over from his wounds. In his thoughts, he says he doesn't want to get Fuma and Kotori involved. But he has no choice as Fuma brings him to his home and Kotori is there. Oh yeah and now Kamui is unconscious. Op and here comes Dad who looks shocked or angry. Doctor came over and patched him up all good. Two guys are outside and they're both apparently looking for Kamui. I guess he's popular with the guys as well. When you look like that though, I don't blame them. Those two are now fighting.

Volume 2

Chapter 8: Pokemon trainer's name is Sorata.
And the other guy's name is Yuuto, he's a cop. So the kekkai seems to be a large cubed area created by a person, this one is made by Sorata. Fuma entered the kekkai and apparently that isn't supposed to happen. The two of them think Fuma has powers, but I don't think so lol. Yuuto left and Sorata is talking to Fuma now. He tells him that Kamui is involved with the end of the world. In Kamui's dreams, that Kaguya chick is asking him to save the humans and the earth. Well this is a jacked up flashback.
This seems to be Kotori and Fuma's mother. Here's another image.
Kamui then sees a vision of Kotori being slices into pieces. So that's what will happen to her if Kamui chooses to not save the earth. But Kamui seems to think otherwise.

Chapter 9: Yeah so likely they were being deceptive when showing Kamui those visions. These people seem to be the baddies.
Yuuto also seems to be a part of that group. They seem to be the ones trying to save the earth. Whilst those called the Seven Seals, whom Sorata is a part of, are the ones going for the end of the world. Clearly a Biblical reference from Revelation. Makes me think that the end of the world is actually something good. Seven Minions is the name of the group that Yuuto is a part of. Hmm, so it seems that the vision they showed Kamui was indeed true. But these guys are still acting like the villains. More horrific visions of the future, Kamui isn't seeing this though. This is the one who showed Kamui the vision of Kotori though.
Another 7 Minion member, Satsuki. Sorata is in the house with Fuma, Kamui, and Kotori. Kamui just woke up too. Right now Kamui and Sorata are talking one on one. Sorata is pretty intimidated for sure. Because Fuma walked through the kekkai and broke it, Sorata is convinced that he is involved with the end of the world. Sorata also seems to be a priest. Cool image.
Awesome sword, pretty sure Kamui wields it at some point.

Chapter 10: They're still talking and now about fate and how Kamui has come back to Tokyo. Now someone is trying to steal the Holy Sword that old man has that's meant for Kamui.
They're now fighting and the old man is using the sword. Also that old man is Fuma's father from earlier. The person attacking him is revealed to be another 7 Minions member. Whoa the dad just got rekt.
Oh and his name is Nataku, the guy that stole the sword just now. Fuma came to the shrine and his father is telling him about the Holy Sword and how it's meant for Kamui. Oh yeah, Kamui heard it cuz he's there too. Also he's Kamui's uncle. Cool image.

Volume 3

Chapter 11: So clearly the old man died and this chapter starts off with the funeral. Sad, sad. Apparently there are two swords
One is probably for Fuma tbh or one represents the end of the world and the other the saving of the world and they're both for Kamui. Could be. Yep, the latter was right. BECAUSE THERE ARE TWO KAMUIS
This is very similar to a Code Geass art of Lelouch and Suzaku.
Yeah clearly based off this series. The Beast, yeah we're not done with the Biblical references.
I've noticed that a lot of anime/manga have spin-offs of Revelation. It is an interesting book.

Chapter 12: And now the school nurse is back and snuck up on Soraka and Kamui in the rain. What the heck? She took off her glasses and Kamui thinks it's his mother. She's apparently his only relative left though, not his mother. Her name is Tokiko and she is his mother's sister. His aunt. So they talked a freaking lot. Just more about Kamui's destiny and how even before birth, his mother knew. Two more minions later meet up at the end of this chapter.

Chapter 13: Someone summoned a kekkai around Kamui, Soraka, and Tokiko. The two of them leave Tokiko's house. I think that's the right attitude to have.
More about destiny. They're talking to a 7 Minion right now I believe. Kamui is now having another vision with someone else telling him to save the earth. Likely another baddy. Don't worry guys, this is just a vision.
Fuma is also seeing visions as well, trying to convince him that he needs to kill Kamui.

Volume 4

Chapter 14: They keep calling Fuma, Kamui's father. Clearly is probably meant in a symbolic way of some kind. Because of Kamui, Fuma's mother and father are dead. The visions showed that if Fuma doesn't kill Kamui, then his sister will die as well. Ah, they're going to go after the Dreaming Princess. That's the person who gave Kamui his first vision near the beginning of the series. Yo dang, upon sight of her Kamui starts charging up his power. Probably realizing she was the one who gave him the vision. Here we go, the Princess is going to show Kamui more visions of his destiny. The Seven Dragons will destroy the earth. And apparently they are the same as the Seven Minions. Interesting, considering they're the socalled ones saying that they would save the earth. Hmm, hmm. No wait, they're fighting against the destruction of the earth. And the Seven Seals are known as the Seven Dragons of Heaven who will destroy the earth. He is supposed to aid them. This makes sense now. Okay but wait. If the Dragon of Heaven is destroyed by the Dragon of Earth, the earth will be destroyed. Translations are a bit off I think. Then again maybe not. So this other chick showed up named Kanoe. Now she's trying to convince him to become of the earth rather than the heaven. Two futures, which shall you choose, Kamui?
Edited by Son-Goku, May 9 2018, 03:05 AM.
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Volume 5

Chapter 1: So they've met up with Saiki (I think that's his name), it's the guy Kamui fought with at the beginning of the series. So this girl showed up and she's completely nuts. She's from some shrine and knows of the Seven Seals. Well, Kamui is now trying to finish his fight with Saiki. Seems Saiki isn't a member of Seven Seals. Clearly. So the weird chick has a sword. Now we're hearing more about Kamui's destiny. The Princess is begging him to save the earth. Kamui then left and she cries. But Sorata says he still has something he wants to protect so don't worry. Daytime now and Kamui just randomly bumped into Kotori. And he just hugged her and she's freaking out. Anddd flashbacks from their childhood.

Chapter 2: Kamui and Kotori have been talking, well mostly Kotori talking. It seems Kamui is warming back up to her a lot and I feel like that'll end badly. Sorata will die for the sake of a woman, but protect Kamui. That's his destiny and he just found the woman he believes. Because he thinks he'll love her. Yeah so they're saying whether Kamui decides to save the earth or destroy it will depend on Kotori. So my guess is that if Kotori dies he will try to destroy the earth if not, he will save it. My guess is that she'll die. A girl in lingerie showed up and is another Seven Seals member. Karen is her name.

Chapter 3: Flashback of Kamui and his mom. Her telling him she'll die once he's strong enough to live on his own. Real cheering thing to tell your son.

Chapter 4: This chapter seems to be dedicated to Sorata. Basically just him talking to the guy who trained him. A whole flashback chapter.

Volume 6: Now some guy has shown up, it seems he may be here to fight Kamui. Pretty sure I've seen this guy before, but it's hard to tell with his glasses on. Er, maybe not. This guy had a spell/illusion and Kamui couldn't break it. But then Fuma came in and was able to reverse it somehow. Once again he shows that he has odd powers and not on purpose. That guy disappeared. Kamui got cut up and Kotori is unconscious. Father?
Whatever was just happening, was broken. Whole bunch of scientist stuff now. This is probably one of the most detailed manga I've read tbh. These guys have been analyzing the Holy Sword. Sakura, the guy who just attacked recently, is one of the Seven Minions. Fuma is now talking to Kamui, trying to get him to reveal why he left Tokyo and what happened in the years they didn't see each other. Kotori is in a weird dream now. Basically the vision Kamui keeps seeing of her with being crucified then cut into pieces. Now she's seeing it all. She now believes that the earth will shatter because of herself, so she thinks it'd be better if she shattered via vision. Fuma did that thing again where he begins saying "I am your" but he can't remember. Welp, Tokiko just showed up all cut up. Welp, she's dying but she's okay with it since she knew this was how she'd die. Well, a whole bunch of crap is being revealed. Apparently Fuma's mother died for the sake of the Holy Sword being created and it is only the first one. And now Tokiko is giving birth to the second Holy Sword. I'd certainly say that was brutal.

Volume 7: Well he lost an aunt and gained a sword, cool. And since that's how Kotori's mother died, she's freaking out now and Kamui is trying to calm her down. Fuma is possessed again. This series is dark, dang. So now Kotori is talking to her mother through a dream of some sort. She's telling her the truth about how she gave her life so that Kamui's mother wouldn't have to die when she did. Dang . . . and her mother just told Kotori that she will die for the person she loves, likely Kamui. Now she's in some other dream and met someone named Kakyou. "Kamui's twin star will soon awaken." Probably Fuma tbh. Welp, Kotori is conscious and is all happy now. She's carrying Tokiko's head, kind of weird. Er, yeah, she's not normal right now.
So it seems that Kotori is similarly gifted with dream-gazing, seeing into the future through dreams. Basically visions. Kamui with Angel wings has a grim smile, while Kamui with Demon wings looks like a simple good guy. So it keeps sounding like she's definitely going to die. If that's the case, Kamui will probably choose for the world to end.

Volume 8: Well, it definitely sounds like Kotori will die. She's gonna die. This series is too dark for her not to. Cool image.
Love this art tbh. Welp, I was right. It seems that Fuma is Kamui's twin star. Some fighting is going on between 7 Seals guy and 7 Minions guy. Ah I see, so Fuma is destined to be what Kamui will not be. Kamui was deciding to be a Dragon of Heaven, so Fuma revealed he would be a Dragon of Earth. Crap, is this all real or visions?!
Fuma took the sword and threw it at Kokiri and killed her. Has to be fake.

Volume 9: It's worth noting Fuma isn't in control. Also Kotori isn't dead yet. Also this is real. Not fake. Not a vision.
Fuma just killed Kotori.
Ah so the one that Kotori loved was Fuma and he killed her, that's apparently what her mother's vision left. Kotori is now in a dreamlike world with that guy from before. So the choice on whether the earth will be destroyed or not is still up to Kamui. Right now Kamui is in a state of shock and hasn't done anything but hold Kotori's head. One of the Seven Seals, Sumeragi, is going to try and enter Kamui's mind. Kamui is going through crap, but imagine how Fuma would be if he ever regains his mind. Now Kakyou is speaking to Fuma, evil Fuma. Seems Kotori left a message for Fuma.
So now Kamui wants to bring Fuma back since he couldn't help Kotori, could plan. And Kamui has decided to return, to fulfill this. All of the Seven Seals are here now I believe, paying their respects to Kotori. Yeah, since Kamui is the seventh member.

Volume 10: Cool.
I don't know if Kamui can change his mind. But what if Kamui changes to become one of the Seven Minions, then that would make Fuma a Seven Seal and good. That's a way that Kamui could save him and be sacrificial. Also is similar to Code Geass' ending. Well, Fuma is apparently the second Kamui, that is evil Fuma. Kamui is seeing Saiki now, asking her questions about why her mother died and such. Kamui is back from his visions and he's still determined to save Fuma.
Flashback of that one chick with the sword.
Edited by Son-Goku, May 14 2018, 08:16 PM.
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Volume 11: Fuma has a lot of similarities (obviously not as a person) to Jesus Christ, just as Lelouch did. He even has cars in his hands now.
I love Kamui's hair.
Cool.
Welp, Evil Fuma is now calling himself Kamui. Real nice.

Volume 12: Sumeragi is fighting one of the Minions, forgot the guy's name.
Fuma and Sumeragi are now fighting. Looks like Sumeragi may die.
Kamui is currently restrained, so he can't help. Kamui broke away and grabbed Sumeragi who is dying. Fuma and the other guy are leaving for now. He's being carried off to the operating room now and is unconscious. Dead or not? We don't really know. Well, he's still alive I guess. Kamui is going to create a kekkai. Fuma can read his thoughts, so he's going to come up with a new power as well. Well Kamui got to apologize to the guy he beat up at the beginning of the series. There's been a lot of buddying up in this volume between Kamui and the other good guys.

Volume 13: Another kekkai has been made.
Whoooaaaaa.
Saiki is dead. And Kamui is enraged. Fuma was the one who did it. Kamui attacked him, but of course couldn't kill him.
"The good men are either taken or are ga.y." Lol I hear that a lot. Karen knocked out Aoki and left. Karen is now fighting one of the seven minions. Aoki is conscious again and showed up at the battle as well, although he seems a bit fatigued. Now Karen flashback.

Volume 14: A lot of dream stuff and Fuma is trying to use the Princess to give Kamui false insight. But he seems to realize it. The bad guys eating ice cream.
There are too many earthquakes in this manga. Another Sumeragi showed up. She's trouble, I'm sure of it.

Volume 15: Never mind, she doesn't seem bad. Another Kekkai was created by Yuzuriha, but she just ran into Fuma after making it. Well crap.
She's probably going to die tbh. Yeah I wonder why Fuma and Kusanagi look alike. She'll probably get saved, right?
Yep, Kamui saved her.
A bit unexpected tbh. So Fuma has been granting wishes to people and this time, Yuzuriha truly wished not to die. So Fuma granted that and left her and Kamui. They went to the Princess, but there is definitely something not right with her. No one seems to notice, but I think Kamui is a bit suspicious. Sorata made a kekkai.

Volume 16: Subaru Sumeragi made a kekkai now. Yeah and so the Princess' mind has been taken over and lured Kamui and the others a way on purpose. So they're splitting into two groups. Kamui's going to Sumeragi to help him as he fights one of the minions. The guy with the blind right eye, pretty sure they know each other. Sumeragi killed him, the guy let it happen though. Since Fuma has been granting wishes, maybe he'll grant Kamui his; to return Fuma to his former self. That would be interesting. Subaru disappeared sometime after the battle, weird.

Volume 17: Yuzuriha and Arashi are now fighting someone, couldn't even tell. Hmm, Kamui asked Sorata to make an isolated kekkai so only the two of them could talk. Had him create a guardian to watch Hinoto it seems. Hmm.
Somehow Sorata got rekt, but Kamui doesn't know how. They're now with Yuzuriha and Arashi. Arashi is balling her eyes out. But hey, we're in the hospital now and Sorata is okay. Ohh, that thing earlier that protected Arashi was Sorata's and that's why he's injured. Since he's supposed to die protecting the girl he loves, he'll probably die of his injuries. Whoa, they about to bang. Glad they're not showing that. Maybe he meant just kiss, Idk. Well, looking back at a flashback Fuma says Kamui can't create a kekkai because he hasn't realized his true wish yet. Interesting. This time the fake Princess sent off Karen and Seiichirō, they or both will probably die tbh. Fuma has found Subaru. Fuma gave Subaru, Sakura's right eye.

Volume 18: Two volumes left! Oh yeah, Sorata and Arashi did bang. Figured as much. And a 7 Minion has shown up to fight Karen and Seiichirō. Karen is trying to talk to him one on one. It seemed she was getting through to him, but then Fuma showed up and for some reason she think he resembles Seiichirō. He is doing that on purpose I believe though.
Karen is still trying to get through to Kazuki and it's definitely working. Fuma destroyed the clock tower and the area around. Kazuki saved Karen. Oh crap, and Kazuki has a hole in his chest and now he's dead. That was Kazuki's wish apparently. To die protecting someone he cared about. Now Seiichiro is over to help Karen. Fuma is now leaving again. Subaru and Fuma are now back together, Subaru asks Fuma what his wish is and Fuma replies with:
Hmm, after doing it with Sorata, it seems Arashi can no longer use her powers. Kamui is now speaking to Karen, she is in mourning over Kazuki. The final battle is about to begin, according to the evil Princess.

Volume 19: Final volume! Lez go! And now Kamui has grabbed the Holy Sword, cuz it's time. Here's a cool image as the end draws near.
And now they're facing one another, Kamui and Fuma.
So Fuma says his wish is to save Fuma, but his real wish is something different.
Final chapter now. Sorata confronts the fake Princess about her being fake. It seems she captured Arashi. Wait . . . this can't be the end of the manga.
What . . . how could they never finish this series when it was almost over?!!
Edited by Son-Goku, May 15 2018, 03:58 PM.
Posted Image

RP Character Bios

Wolf
Member Avatar
Shadow Realm >

Looks cool. Iíll have to check it out
Posted Image

me&dingo

Shadow Realms Future

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

You should

But FYI, the ending blows

cuz there is no ending
Posted Image

RP Character Bios

Wolf
Member Avatar
Shadow Realm >

I like when things blow :dongovan:
Posted Image

me&dingo

Shadow Realms Future

Axl
Member Avatar

Yeah, I remember X/1999. I actually really wanted to see the movie and the anime series a long time back. It had such an interesting premise. I think, it was around 2006 when I actually first heard about the series. But, I never did end up watching the show or the movie. And, it's mainly because I heard, at that time, it had some shounen-ai elements to it. But, I might check out the movie or the series again. Provided, they don't have too much shounen-ai in it or at the very least it isn't very explicit.

Axl Reviews:The Casual Version
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Axl
May 15 2018, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I remember X/1999. I actually really wanted to see the movie and the anime series a long time back. It had such an interesting premise. I think, it was around 2006 when I actually first heard about the series. But, I never did end up watching the show or the movie. And, it's mainly because I heard, at that time, it had some shounen-ai elements to it. But, I might check out the movie or the series again. Provided, they don't have too much shounen-ai in it or at the very least it isn't very explicit.
It's not exactly like that, the main character's love interest is a girl. But the main antagonist gets very up and close to him a lot. I'm sure that's what they're referring to. None of it is explicit. But the main antagonist does do it almost every time he appears before Kamui. It was weird, but not too far. But yeah it's a great series, I have no idea how the anime or movie are. I'll probably check out the movie sometime and maybe the anime eventually. If you ever get the chance though, it's a great read manga wise.
Posted Image

RP Character Bios

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Manga · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Designed by McKee91