Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Who's more gifted? Goku or vegeta?
Topic Started: Apr 15 2018, 10:33 PM (1,932 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I've always felt like they were pretty even genetically speaking but goku's willpower, motives, and training style were what allowed goku to surpass vegeta
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Apr 15 2018, 10:34 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

Biologically Vegeta but it makes barely any difference when all other things are equal. Goku is a normal saiyan, that's why it's awesome he's so strong. Ironically being tossed out allowed himto become the strongest saiyan of all time. Vegeta however has a chip on his shoulder, doesn't rest properly and never asked for help until recently, most of which is pointed out by Whis. Because of everything he's been taught, Goku is also a better fighter and literally has less on his mind to overthink, hence his adeptness at UI.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

How do we know vegeta is naturally more gifted? Just because he's the prince?
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

That's just my opinion really, more because I think it's more poignant for Goku to not be naturally gifted and to have gotten his exceptional saiyan power through nurture rather than nature, not because I want to have Vegeta as a prodigy. Vegeta being a prodigy and Goku's rival makes Goku's power all the more impressive than if Vegeta is also just a normal saiyan. I just figure there's a reason Vegeta's family rose to power and as they're saiyans whose hierarchy depends entirely on strength, I think Vegeta's bloodline must be gifted. They probably also bred with other naturally strong saiyans as well to keep their position. Vegeta is the culmination of that, surpassing his already prodigal father as a small child. They don't seem to train either (otherwise all saiyans in universe 7 would have been stronger) but they just conquer worlds and either do it relatively easily, transform if they meet trouble and do it relatively easily or they simply die.

There's also the fact that Nappa and Raditz are both older than Vegeta, have been in the same team as him for years, faced the same opponents and yet Vegeta is much stronger than both of them combined.
Edited by superperfectnerd, Apr 15 2018, 11:34 PM.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Good point about nappa and raditz. Vegeta also seems to hold the elite class of saiyans in general pretty highly not just the fact that he is royalty
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

They are equally talented. Going by human standards, if Saiyans are the same way, which they should be, the only difference is how hard you work. The only difference is how your mind work, how fast or how slowly you perceive a situation and adapt to it. Some people are born quicker than others and I think Goku is more naturally inclined to fighting than Vegeta, but the latter makes up for it with immense tactical awareness and mind games.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page
Online Profile Quote Top

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
Formerly known as daman

Obligatory: Goku is more gifted by Toriyama.

I'd say it really depends what you mean by gifted. As you said, a lot of Goku's progress was due to being trained well (by Grandpa Gohan, Roshi, Korin, the Popo, Kami, Kaio-sama and Beerus), always having access to people of his strength level and also having friends who pushed him (e.g. to achieve SSJ or to risk his life and end up at Kaio-sama's, allowing him to learn Kaioken). Meanwhile, Vegeta just received enough training to make him into a strong saiyan, but until meeting Goku, Gohan and Piccolo he didn't have anyone to push himself against (yes, there was Cui, but if he messed with him he knew one of Freeza's stronger troops would punish him).

If we're talking just genetically, of course Vegeta was born with a much higher BP, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he had superior genetics; it could be that Goku's genetics are superior under certain training circumstances/environmental stresses, but just not at birth. In other words, maybe Goku's genetics allow him to get more out of his training or allow him to recover better.

You could make the argument that Vegeta had better physical genetics, since he usually is stronger than Goku in the same form, despite usually training alone. Then again, Vegeta might be resourceful than Goku and therefore still get in better training, even when alone, but because most of the details of their training is off camera, it's hard to say.
kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

Make the old spam section viewable plz

+ Pointer
Member Avatar

Goku is more gifted as he is a martial art genious. On the other hand vegeta has more motivation and overall better tactician

Posted Image

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

I see it as Goku is always running at 100% efficiency with his methods whereas Vegeta is at 50%.

Goku goes in the ROSAT, he spars with his prodigal hybrid son constantly and opts to master ssj, taking it slow at first just maintaining the form and building up to sparring an opponent who surpasses him.

Vegeta (admittedly in filler) told Trunks to "f*** off". They were so separate Trunks wrongly believed he had a power his father did not.

But it's only during the fight with Kid Boo that Vegeta realises why Goku is so strong, not potential he was born with (like he thought when he succumbed to the majin charm for power) but because of who he is as a person. The gap has closed since then but Vegeta will always have more self doubt than Goku and a chip on his shoulder to overcome, whereas Goku is perfect as a fighter except for lowering his guard, which doesn't affect his actual power.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Super · Next Topic »

//