Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Dragon Ball Super Movie Discussion; Teaser Trailer!
Topic Started: Mar 20 2018, 06:06 PM (41,374 Views)
+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

Seeing as we're beyond the announcement stage, and have our first teaser, I figure its time to dedicate a topic to the discussion surrounding the film.

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/976155517125971968
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Mar 20 2018, 06:08 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

Looks better than any other Dragon Ball animated product. Can't wait for people to start screencapping random moments of the teaser and complaining about how "rubbery" and s***ty it looks. Dragon Ball fans love using still frames to complain about how ugly something that's supposed to be viewed in motion is.
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

I like that Raditz is returning.

But most importantly, yeah the animation looks different in a good way. I wish it looked more like Z, but it's better than the over-shiny skins that characters suffer in modern Dragon ball material.
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

I'm surprised I'm excited for another Saiyan antagonist. The fact that this dude looks totally primitive really piques my interest.
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Mar 20 2018, 06:30 PM.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

Maybe it's "Yamoshi" or wathever he's called.
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

Potentially. It'd be weird though, considering he's supposed to be dead.

Also, I love the snowy mountain backdrop. Haven't had one of those in a while, if I recall correctly.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

Thiln
Member Avatar

That trailer certainly got all of the appropriate cues to stimulate the reactions of the masses who enjoy the subject matter. It appeals to everything that's come to certifiably define Dragon Ball in this day and age. Me? I felt disgusted because all of the grandstanding and shortsighted exclusivism that radiated from that aryanistic propaganda piece.

We're far from reaching the ceiling of conceptual tolerance for this material, aren't we? Transformations rule this series despite some recent efforts to diverge however little from the standard. It's still invoking the subtextual supremacy of the Saiyans, though. They're brazenly displaying the slogan of monopolisation for all to see so if nothing else they at least deserve credit for honesty.
Posted Image
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ QueenTD
Member Avatar
My Dear Melancholy,

How we know it's a Saiyan?
Posted Image

Saiyan36
Member Avatar

The artstyle looks more like the manga.
Edited by Saiyan36, Mar 20 2018, 07:27 PM.

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

Thiln
Mar 20 2018, 06:43 PM
That trailer certainly got all of the appropriate cues to stimulate the reactions of the masses who enjoy the subject matter. It appeals to everything that's come to certifiably define Dragon Ball in this day and age. Me? I felt disgusted because all of the grandstanding and shortsighted exclusivism that radiated from that aryanistic propaganda piece.

We're far from reaching the ceiling of conceptual tolerance for this material, aren't we? Transformations rule this series despite some recent efforts to diverge however little from the standard. It's still invoking the subtextual supremacy of the Saiyans, though. They're brazenly displaying the slogan of monopolisation for all to see so if nothing else they at least deserve credit for honesty.
That's a hot take.

The Saiyans do possess superior strength, as has been demonstrated time and again, and I don't see what is wrong with that.
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

"Aryanistic propaganda piece"

Damn.
Posted Image

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

QueenTD
Mar 20 2018, 06:48 PM
How we know it's a Saiyan?
The teaser flat out states "A saiyan". While It could refer to Goku, It most likely refers to the villain since the movie is about "Saiyans".
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

Thiln
Member Avatar

ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Mar 20 2018, 06:55 PM
Thiln

That's a hot take.

The Saiyans do possess superior strength, as has been demonstrated time and again, and I don't see what is wrong with that.
Yes, through the myopic writing practices that have come to define so much of the series, you're right. When everything is solely and excessively offered to them alone, the image can continue to be maintained unabated. They represent the exclusivist beneficiaries who, while they did work to achieve much of their strength, have had a number of privileges offered to them alone that exist outside of their genetic code.
Posted Image
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

I assumed this was a saiyan as well. But do we know for a fact it actually is? I'm definitely down for this though. Also, not too sure about the animation. Didn't really like the initial image they showed us either. Interesting if it'd be Yamoshi, but I'd prefer it to be an evil saiyan.

Edit: Yeah after watching it again, I'm pretty sure it's a saiyan. They seem to be implying it.
Edited by Son-Goku, Mar 20 2018, 07:14 PM.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

Thiln
Mar 20 2018, 07:09 PM
ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Mar 20 2018, 06:55 PM
Thiln

That's a hot take.

Yes, through the myopic writing practices that have come to define so much of the series, you're right. When everything is solely and excessively offered to them alone, the image can continue to be maintained unabated. They represent the exclusivist beneficiaries who, while they did work to achieve much of their strength, have had a number of privileges offered to them alone that exist outside of their genetic code.
I don't see how transformations and Zenkais don't pertain to their genetics, especially now that MidichloriansS-Cells are a thing. Quick question, do you think Superman is aryanistic propaganda?
Posted Image
Battle Power Guide

4 users reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Super · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91