Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Why do we like Piccolo?
Topic Started: Mar 12 2018, 02:57 AM (869 Views)
Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Piccolo is a fan favourite, that much we all know.

Posted Image

But why is that? Is it because of his past? His name? His overall history? His personality?

All of the above?
Posted Image

Piccolo: Just how many people have you sacrificed?!

Cell: Sacrifice? Hmph, rubbish! On the contrary, it is an honor to become a fraction of my power.
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Piccolo is by far my favorite non saiyan character in the franchise. I think he's a fan favorite for good reason

His interesting story and character development, cool badass personality, he's a real warrior unlike gohan for a lot of the series dedicating his life to improving himself even though he knows he will never be on par with goku and vegeta, he comes off as smart and strategic, his design, his abilities, having a relevant power level for a lot of the series despite not being a saiyan, he's one of very few characters who can rock a cape, how he take off his cape and hat and they break the ground because they're so heavy, most if not all his fights are really good, he trained gohan, and his voice

Come to think about it I can't remember there ever being a scene where the writers have piccolo do or say something potentially out of character which is also nice

The more I think about it the more I like him. Honestly idk how you couldn't like him but that's my opinion
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Mar 12 2018, 03:06 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

He's a great dad.

Bad User
Member Avatar

But not that photo, lol. Super drew him like cancer.

Because he was cool. He is a character that built up a lot of potential. He was cunning and really sadistic, I mean, I never saw anyone torture Goku like that. After that, his character development was great. Now you see him all tsundere, next minute you see him giving his life for his pupil. It was never his responsibility to do so, he was born to avenge his father and kill Goku and his legacy, but he has changed nonetheless. I like to believe that it was his own decision, and because Gohan offered him his friendship, and not because of the fusions with other pure-hearted Namekians. Besides that, he is intelligent in battles and, what I appreciated about him, opposite to Vegeta, is that his stubborness and arrogance are rarely misplaced. What's even better is that despite his aloof attitude, he is one of the least selfish characters in the shows. How many times was he quick to do selfess things that put his life in peril? Like with Gohan, all the time, or when he took Frieza's shot that was meant for Goku, or when he took the Androids by himself to win time for the others, or when he was ready to go into Buu's hands when they warned they would kill people. He's one of my favorite characters, too, alongside kid Gohan. I really believe he's an interesting guy, you see him do all those self-sacrificing stuff, and next thing, he's snapping at his friends before going to fuse with Kami. He's rather unpredictable.

I think he really deserved some improvement and power-boost. Also, to keep his ambition to surpass those stronger than him. Remember when Bulma wanted to give him and Tien Vegeta-like armors and he refused on the argument of not wanting to wear a 'Saiyan costume'? I really miss his pride. Toriyama should've treated him differently, after all he's his favorite character, or...?

Physical wise, I like that he's very athletic. Compare him to these new, um..., fighters.
Edited by Bad User, Mar 12 2018, 12:26 PM.
Posted Image

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Piccolo became my favorite because he's the outcast of the group, much like myself.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

Axl
Member Avatar

Quote:

Why do we like Piccolo?

Whoa Whoa, I have to stop you right here.

When did I say that I like Piccolo? I mean, you are makin' a lot of assumptions and generalizations here. For one, I don't even like Piccolo. Two, he's probably one of the most lamest character in shounen history for me.

Axl Reviews:The Casual Version

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Axl
Mar 12 2018, 06:24 PM
Quote:

Why do we like Piccolo?

Whoa Whoa, I have to stop you right here.

When did I say that I like Piccolo? I mean, you are makin' a lot of assumptions and generalizations here. For one, I don't even like Piccolo. Two, he's probably one of the most lamest character in shounen history for me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

Mike XL
Member Avatar

Piccolo was always badass and imo had the most prominent and substantial character development in the series. It's a shame that he's been a glorified Tenshinhan since his battle with 1st form Cell and 17 in Z.

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

Piccolo is great in pretty much any role he's thrust into--as the world-conquering demon Piccolo Daimao, as the revenge-seeking Majunior, as a temporary ally working together with his nemesis to take out a common enemy, as Gohan's mentor, as a serious and somewhat standoffish good guy... he worked well even as Gotenks' comedic foil in the Boo arc, annoying as Gotenks may be. The only problem I have with him as a character is that some of his development isn't really organic--for example, his personality changes pretty drastically after fusing with God, something he only did out of desperation. Other than that, he's clearly one of DB's greatest characters.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Because he's the only non-saiyan that kicks butt. I don't know why most people like him, but he just doesn't suck a lot I guess. Idk, he's cool but he's not one of my most favorites. Definitely like him more than characters like Gohan. He was pretty bad in Super though. Also, Piccolo isn't the fan favorite. Goku is more popular than Piccolo amongst fans. As well as Vegeta.
Edited by Son-Goku, Mar 12 2018, 07:41 PM.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

Greenough
Mar 12 2018, 07:40 PM
Because he's the only non-saiyan that kicks butt. I don't know why most people like him, but he just doesn't suck a lot I guess. Idk, he's cool but he's not one of my most favorites. Definitely like him more than characters like Gohan. He was pretty bad in Super though. Also, Piccolo isn't the fan favorite. Goku is more popular than Piccolo amongst fans. As well as Vegeta.
OP says he's A fan favorite, not THE fan favorite.

I'll agree that he was pretty awful in Super, but I don't even count that.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Ah my bad and yeah Super isn't worth mentioning for Piccolo. As a hero he has some pretty awesome fights. Vs Frieza and 17. He was also the reason Krillin and Gohan even survived during the Saiyan arc. He's pretty vital to the series. His 23rd Tournament fight vs Goku is also probably my favorite tournament fight in DBZ. Although I do like it more for Goku. As a villain I thought Piccolo was the best villain in the series. Jr. over King I'd say too, but both are great antagonists.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

Arkadom
Member Avatar
Bargle nawdle zouss

I always liker Piccolo because I feel like he's the most independent character in the series. Everything he has ever done has never felt guided or forced, he's a being of his own volition and I like that in a character. Goku will always rise to fight because of his passion, Vegeta will always push further because of his pride, but Piccolo has always acted based on personal choice and surprisingly in a cast of mostly human-like characters he feels the most realistic and human.

He was also technically the gateway to the Namekians, a species I thought was awesome, enigmatic, and criminally misused in the series. The fact he's always felt quite unique amongst his peers has been great too. Special beam cannon and hellzone grenade are pretty unorthodox techniques amongst all the energy beams and hails of ki blasts, and I feel like after his fight with 17 Piccolo just got left to waste when he had so much potential.

Sure he kind of ran low when he had no other Namekians left to fuse with, but raw power was never really his game. He was a tactician and a creative fighter and it's a shame those traits were forgotten about, the current arc in Super would have honestly been better had Piccolo been the team leader for universe 7 because I feel like he probably would have flourished more in the role than Gohan did. Would have given him great opportunity to show his creativity again as well but most of his presence in the arc was a let down and I feel he got eliminated before his time just because he wasn't a Saiyan or didn't have some ridiculously niche techniques to be used as a plot device later on (as much as I loved 17's role up to his end.)
In these eyes of mine

Epic for Copy_Ninja

StrenuousSpider
Member Avatar

Id piccolo is in my top 10.

Number 1 for me is the slippery little cockroach known as freiza.
Posted Image

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

I'll say this for Piccolo in Super: His fight with Frost is one of the more unique fights in that particular series.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91