Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Epic Villain
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 06:35 PM (789 Views)
Graffiti
Member Avatar
MGD.

I've been watching the dubbed version of the Future Trunks arc and I gotta say I'm impressed with Goku Black as a villain. He gives off that Dragonball Z feel in accordance with the main villains like Cell, Frieza, and Buu. What do y'all think?
Posted Image
"When backed into a corner, you are the most fearsome fighter!"
Piccolo

[Portifolio | Str8 Outta Namek (DBZF's only Hip Hop Club) | MyAnimeList]
Offline Profile Quote Top

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

I liked him at first but then every time I remember
Spoiler: click to toggle
, it kind of ruins it for me.
Edited by superperfectnerd, Feb 13 2018, 06:41 PM.

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

Goku Black was probably a surprise for everyone. I still think he and Zamasu are the best things to come from Super. Unfortunately, they are undermined by the story arc they're in, which slowly, by degrees becomes a clusterf*** of inconsistencies and paradoxes.
Posted Image
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita
Online Profile Quote Top

Graffiti
Member Avatar
MGD.

The other sagas besides the Freiza and Future Trunks arcs kinda bore me so I couldn't really get into them. This arc particular is like a throwback to the Android/Cell saga so I ran with it.
Posted Image
"When backed into a corner, you are the most fearsome fighter!"
Piccolo

[Portifolio | Str8 Outta Namek (DBZF's only Hip Hop Club) | MyAnimeList]

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

Goku Black and Zamasu are probably the only good things to come out of Super when it comes to villains (Other than Initial Tournament Freeza...can't say much on Latter Tournament Freeza)

Beerus just comes off as a bland, Freeza clone with all the smugness but none of the evil charm.

RoF Freeza...is just Freeza, which may not be bad, but the Arc he's in does him on justice.

Goku Black has the charm and suaveness and there was more attempt, for better or worse, to make Zamasu a more complex character.

And then we got Jiren and...oh boy.

but yeah, let's be honest, the Zamasu Arc is by and far the best part of Super, by honestly a long shot and even its not without a good deal of issues. But I'd at least, for the most part, be willing to call it a competent Arc.
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Lord Yamcha
Member Avatar
Wolf of the Wasteland

Yeah, he's pretty awesome and I think he's the only good villain/antagonist in Super. Frieza wasn't bad, but that was just repeat.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Online Profile Quote Top

Scotty_Rogers
Member Avatar
Your Boy Scotty

Goku Black is just a lame rehash of Ginyu and Turles. We really did not need another "evil Goku".

The whole Zamasu arc was trash, pretty much the worst arc in the whole franchise. And it's a rip-off of my fanfiction from 2014! http://dbzf.co.uk/single/?p=9069981&t=8507119
Edited by Scotty_Rogers, Feb 13 2018, 09:28 PM.
Mah dogs are hongrey

yellow magic orchestra
Member Avatar

Goku Black was decent only when his true nature/identity was a mystery.
Online Profile Quote Top

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

Scotty_Rogers
Feb 13 2018, 09:20 PM
Goku Black is just a lame rehash of Ginyu and Turles. We really did not need another "evil Goku".

The whole Zamasu arc was trash, pretty much the worst arc in the whole franchise. And it's a rip-off of my fanfiction from 2014! http://dbzf.co.uk/single/?p=9069981&t=8507119
I'm sorry but this is such a half baked excuse of trying to criticize Black. Turles was already a dull an uneventful character of a pretty dull and uneventful movie. He had absolutely no personality beyond basic villain, no story or character to call his own. The only point of Turles was to show what would happen if Goku didn't hit his head and he's nothing more than an antagonistic force for the movie.

Other than appearance, Black and Turles couldn't be any different with Black actually having character, personality and a whole story to develop him. He, along with Zamasu, were treated as actual characters in the series that tried to develop them. There isn't one thing Turles has on Black at all.

And Ginyu? What Goku gets his body switched and sudden Black's a Ginyu rip off? God forbid any character in any series switches bodies with someone or takes over someone's body...how dare they clearly rip off Ginyu despite having nothing do with Ginyu's character, personality or involvement in the story. This just sounds like a poor excuse to criticize something that has no merit to it.

Might as well say Bardock's a blatant rip off of Goku cause he looks the same and likes to fight, even though the character, story and personality involving him could't be any different.
Online Profile Quote Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Super · Next Topic »

//