Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
What if Vegeta was sent to Earth instead of Kakarrot?; Work your imagination
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 03:23 PM (364 Views)
Bad User
Member Avatar

Yeah, yeah, I know that it wouldn't have been the case, because Kakarrot was the chosen one because he was a third class warrior and because Earth is a planet full of weaklings, therefore easier to conquest.

And I know it would've probably been the same scenario, but with a shorter Goku with erect hair and huge forehead.

But besides that. What would have been like, for our hero to find out he's the Prince of an actually aggressive race? What other scenarios would be, with Vegeta in Goku's place?
Edited by Bad User, Feb 13 2018, 03:24 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

I think it's a similar story until we get to the 21st Budokai. He'd win that without taking any damage. Then he'd humiliate the Red Ribbon army, smash everyone to bits at Baba's tournament and the 22nd Budokai and then one shot King Piccolo, which of course also kills Kami. He'd probably end up marrying Bulma too. Radditz would never come to Earth, so Freeza would never learn of the Dragonballs. Now would Dr Gero still create the Androids? If he did then that might be the end of the Earth. Unless for some reason they were much weaker than the ones we know of. But until that point Vegeta would smash anyone who got in his way with no effort at all. Because he had a f***ing power level over 10,000.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits

Thiln
Member Avatar

You mean this is essentially a "Goku-fied" rendition of Vegeta? Well if we're to assume that he hit his head, contracted amnesia, and began to exhibit all of the personality traits common to Goku then I guess his life would pan out largely the same until the Saiyan arc. Whatever his title or ancestry was on Planet Vegeta would mean nothing to a person who grew up living amongst humans while embracing their culture and ideals. I guess the Raditz encounter would pan out mostly the same except without all the references to siblings. Evil Saiyan Kakarot would have been defeated by any of the group almost a year later since his power level would have turned out more along the lines of your typical low class Saiyan. Gohan is Vegeta's son in this situation and there's not much else to say as his potential should hopefully remain in-tact.

Oh, I suppose Vegeta would have been in for a much tougher fight against King Piccolo since his unleashed potential looked to be coming a bit short relative to Goku's in the Buu arc (took Babidi raising it beyond its limits to put him on-par with Goku). He would have uphill battles against both KP and Piccolo Jr in this case.

Nappa probably ends up killing the Z-fighters barring Yajirobe as it was Vegeta who insisted that they wait three hours for Goku to arrive. Since Goku is evil in this scenario and likely incapacitated, Nappa won't have anyone to hold him back. Vegeta probably returns to find everyone he knew and cared about dead. If Nappa is still on the planet - maybe undergoing a purge process in order to make the planet marketable - then Vegeta can easily get his revenge. Nappa might still be spared, he and Kakarot flee back to Freeza's planet - maybe they don't feel so compelled to rush off to Namek since it was mostly Vegeta's idea to pursue immortality. So this leaves Freeza to skulk about on Namek without anyone barring Nail to get in his way. By the time Vegeta gets there, every village sans the Grand Elder's home will have been ransacked; the moment he comes into contact with Ginyu or Freeza, that's probably going to be the end of him. With a Goku personality he's going to want to face Freeza at higher levels of strength - against Ginyu he has no one to assist him in reclaiming his body.

Freeza eventually destroys Namek since no Namekian who cares about their people is going to condemn themselves by helping that sociopath. In the meantime, Nappa and Kakarot will have returned to Earth to find Vegeta absent from the planet. What's next, you ask? Go about completing what they started previously and put the planet up on the market. If they're desperate enough to try then maybe we could see an hilarious rag-tag team up of Roshi, Yajirobe, and Ox-King launching a suicidal charge against the invaders. We all know how that pans out. Earth's natives are wiped out and the PTO claims ownership.

Nothing much will happen afterwards since Gero will have been wiped out in the ensuing carnage and there isn't nearly enough power resources for Buu to siphon off of in order to be released. Beerus wakes up to pursue the Super Saiyan God myth and he comes across Nappa and Kakarot. Guess who isn't the Super Saiyan God in this hypothetical? Chances are they're probably killed thanks to some short-sighted error in displaying proper etiquette. Freeza won't care as he despised the Saiyans anyway. Plus, he's too apprehensive of Beerus to say anything.

Zamasu wouldn't have his main impetus for defecting. It's possible that he might eventually snap but for the foreseeable future I could see him choosing to remain under Gowasu's tutelage.

Sounds like things are relatively uneventful here. Who would have thought that a butterfly effect like this one in the Saiyan arc involving Nappa's patience would have such a drastic impact on the course of events?
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

The Radditz encounter wouldn't pan out the same. Vegeta would crush him in one blow. We wouldn't get Gohan because he never would have fell in love with Chi Chi. The dragonballs wouldn't exist anymore because he would have killed King Piccolo before he could spit out an egg. Now perhaps Radditz went to whatever planet Goku was sent to instead of Earth. Then maybe they teamed up to track down Vegeta afterwards. Doesn't matter. Vegeta would defeat all of them. Maybe this annoys Freeza who wants revenge for his pets being killed? Well if Freeza goes to Earth then everyone is screwed. If not, Everyone on Earth lives happily ever after until the Androids emerge.

Posted Image

Notaka
Member Avatar
Hon hon hon la tour eiffel

Pelador
Feb 13 2018, 04:23 PM
The Radditz encounter wouldn't pan out the same. Vegeta would crush him in one blow. We wouldn't get Gohan because he never would have fell in love with Chi Chi. The dragonballs wouldn't exist anymore because he would have killed King Piccolo before he could spit out an egg. Now perhaps Radditz went to whatever planet Goku was sent to instead of Earth. Then maybe they teamed up to track down Vegeta afterwards. Doesn't matter. Vegeta would defeat all of them. Maybe this annoys Freeza who wants revenge for his pets being killed? Well if Freeza goes to Earth then everyone is screwed. If not, Everyone on Earth lives happily ever after until the Androids emerge.
If Vegeta went as a baby there's no way he'd be as strong as his canon kid version.

He'd be lucky to even be around Goku's level BoZ.
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Vegeta being sent as a baby wouldn't make a difference except he'd have a different fighting style. He was a first class Saiyan meaning that he was born with a very high power level. More than likely enough to one hit ko anyone in Dragonball.

Posted Image

Notaka
Member Avatar

Pelador
Feb 13 2018, 05:01 PM
Vegeta being sent as a baby wouldn't make a difference except he'd have a different fighting style. He was a first class Saiyan meaning that he was born with a very high power level. More than likely enough to one hit ko anyone in Dragonball.
Nope.
1)Non-canon, But Broly had a powerlevel of 10,000 yet still was considered a low class warrior.

2) We don't know his birth power level. It could be as low as Goku's or maybe only a couple times stronger. He's a first class saiyan because he is the king's son.

3)Him being sent to earth means he wouldn't experience Planet Vegeta's 10x Gravity. If we go by Goku(who while an adult and already a seasoned martial artist, grew from 416 to 8,000), he'd be about 20x weaker. So he would have a power level of 500. You might thinking, it's still enough to "one shot everyone in DB", but the fact is, Vegeta has been training and fighting against Saibamen at a young age, each saibaman would destroy the totality of Dragon Ball, so Vegeta would turn out to be much weaker because the strongest person he'd be able to train with is Grandpa Gohan who at this point is lower than Roshi's 139. He'd turn immensely weaker than his canon kid self. And he doesn't have the same potential Goku does. So while he starts out stronger, he would only be a bit stronger or equal to Goku BoDB.

Also, is nobody going to mention that he probably wouldn't meet Bulma? He's a few years older than Goku, So I doubt he'd immediately encounter her like he did.
Edited by Notaka, Feb 13 2018, 05:11 PM.
Posted Image

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

You make a very fair point.

As for meeting Bulma. I think he would meet her at the same time Goku did but of course he'd be around the same age as her. That's why I believe they would become a couple instead of he and Chi Chi.

Posted Image

Notaka
Member Avatar

You're right. Since I doubt Vegeta would know about the dragon balls and assume it's his grandfather's prized possession, it would be safe until Bulma eventually searches for it and meet Vegeta. Through what about yamcha? would he still turn into a good guy? I haven't watched DB in so long but wasn't the reason he had a heel-face turn was because of Bulma?

Vegeta would probably kill him, if they were fighting for Bulma's love
Posted Image

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Yamcha stalked Goku and Bulma so that he could steal the dragonballs to wish for more confidence around women. But once he spent time with Bulma he no longer needed the wish and they went to the city with each other.

Now perhaps Vegeta also hit his head as a baby and therefore shared the same innocence as Goku. He wouldn't have a concept of romantic love. At least not straight away. So maybe Bulma initially dates Yamcha and then later moves onto Vegeta when he's a bit older?

Scenario 2. Bulma has the hots for Vegeta over Yamcha and so Yamcha is left to remain a Desert bandit for the rest of his life whilst Vegeta and Bulma go off to the city together. Vegeta never trains under Roshi and never meets Krillin. He might still fight at the tournament but without Roshi's special shell training he wouldn't be strong enough to win. And then I think then stuff goes similar to how it did with Goku.

Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

There's actually a fan manga about this, lol.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25982

These in particular cover more of the Dragon Ball portion, whereas the original 5 chapters mostly cover the Saiyan saga.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OzQYu
https://imgur.com/gallery/tkvBV
https://imgur.com/a/W1QnP
https://imgur.com/a/4nl5Z
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Feb 13 2018, 06:15 PM.
Posted Image
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita
Online Profile Quote Top

Bad User
Member Avatar

Notaka
Feb 13 2018, 05:10 PM

3)Him being sent to earth means he wouldn't experience Planet Vegeta's 10x Gravity. If we go by Goku(who while an adult and already a seasoned martial artist, grew from 416 to 8,000), he'd be about 20x weaker. So he would have a power level of 500. You might thinking, it's still enough to "one shot everyone in DB", but the fact is, Vegeta has been training and fighting against Saibamen at a young age, each saibaman would destroy the totality of Dragon Ball, so Vegeta would turn out to be much weaker because the strongest person he'd be able to train with is Grandpa Gohan who at this point is lower than Roshi's 139. He'd turn immensely weaker than his canon kid self. And he doesn't have the same potential Goku does. So while he starts out stronger, he would only be a bit stronger or equal to Goku BoDB.

Also, is nobody going to mention that he probably wouldn't meet Bulma? He's a few years older than Goku, So I doubt he'd immediately encounter her like he did.
I was about to mention that, but Notaka already graciously explained it, so I'll just leave that.

Also, why do we all assume that Radditz, Nappa or Kakarrot would behave hostile towards Vegeta? They allowed themselves to do that with Goku, although he was supposed to be part of the team, because he was lowest tier and probably a nuisance to them. However, wouldn't they have at least the tiniest bit of cordiality for their leader? We already saw the former Saiyans loyal to their King Vegeta. So, would they be so quick to dispose of Prince Vegeta?

Also, if he gets together with Bulma and has Trunks, it would affect Future Trunks' timeline, because he'd have no 'older future master Gohan' to train him, so we can't know if he'd ever turn Supper Saiyan or even survive till Bulma completes the time machine.

Also, @Thiln, 'Goku-fied' Vegeta or any kind of Vegeta you'd like. All possible scenarios and hypothesis are warmly welcomed. I actually saw a clip on my suggestions on YouTube on this theme and thought the idea was very interesting and wanted to bring it up here.
Posted Image

superperfectnerd
Member Avatar

There's a manga about this and Vegeta wrecks everything. No he wouldn't be as strong as he is in canon when he arrives on Earth but the majority of a saiyans power until Goku and Vegeta surpass all that must come naturally, or how did no saiyan in history ever get to their heights here? If saiyans have trained all their lives, like Goku and Vegeta then they'd be much, much stronger. A saiyans life was probably civil war with little food, their natural instinct for battle meaning constant violence and death. Then they get recruited by Freeza and are sent off world all the time to conquer worlds. They either find that easy because they're the warrior race or any challenge they face they simply transform and easily win. If they face a real challenge they have no senzu and no Dragon Balls so they mostly just die. Vegeta's arrogance and entitlement vomes from the fact that he has (mostly) never had a tough fight and has just been the strongest saiyan with little effort. Goku comes along and shows him how much any saiyan can improve given the right circumstances (intense training from a god in this case) and Vegeta follows suit with self improvement, going up against opponents much stronger than him for the first time in his life, hence his rapid improvement on Namek because Freeza needed him alive. If Vegeta had intense training before, then why would he only be 18,000?

Goku is a normal saiyan, that's the whole point. Any saiyan could be Goku. Nature (Vegeta) versus nurture (Goku).

Vegeta being sent to Earth probably would still result in him being weaker in the long run because everything would be too easy for him, he'll become arogant and complacent, something that Roshi ensures doesn't happen to Goku by having Jackie Chun beat him, but Vegeta would turn Roshi inside out whether he's good at martial arts or not.

Vegeta remains weaker than Goku to this day in Super (somewhat lessened) because he's too proud to accept help (most of the time) and he still as a chip on his shoulder.

As for the majin charm being 'Vegeta's full potential and beyond' we know potential isn't static in Dragon Ball. That's like saying Gohan doesn't have more potential than Goku because Guru released his hidden power and he was weaker than Goku. Vegeta hadn't been training in Otherworld for 7 years and he'd been aging, plus he was already weaker to begin with because his ROSAT training was immensely inferior to Goku's approach. Whis said it in Super, Vegeta doesn't rest and recover like Goku. Goku has balance and trained continuously with Gohan. Vegeta would have told Trunks to "go f*** himself" whilst he did some pushups and scowled into the distance.
Edited by superperfectnerd, Feb 13 2018, 06:45 PM.

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Basically King Piccolo storyline, except much more horrific.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »

//