Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
General Pro-Wrestling Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 11 2018, 03:28 PM (171 Views)
+ GinyuTokusentai
Member Avatar
Leve Feyenoord 1!

Instead of making a separate thread for each PPV, just making a general wrestling thread here. That way smaller shows like RAW and SmackDown can be discussed as well without having to make a pointless thread for it.
Every promotion can be discussed: WWE, NJPW, ROH, iMPACT, etc.

So yeah,
Just finished watching The New Beginning in Osaka. Good show, especially recommend watching Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi.
Other title matches were good too, especially Okada v SANADA.

This Kitamura match was probably my least favorite of the bunch. Don't get why you're putting a young guy with all these legends that can barely go anymore if you want to show how great he is. Tenzan, Nagata, Nakanishi can't really show you how good Kitamura is. Hope his last match of the bunch will be against a better opponent. I mean Jay White, Juice Robinson, Michael Elgin those were good opponent that really showed you what Kitamura was all about. Even if you want to put him up against a legend, why not go for someone who can still kinda go like Jushin Thunder Liger?

Also big reveal:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Ask GinyuTokusentai
Offline Profile Quote Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

I see your point, but I disagree about Nagata. Dude can still wrestle his a*** off. I'm still working my way through the New Beginning shows. I cherry picked a few matches from the first show. The Kitamura/Elgin match....happened? Didn't do a lot for me. The Elite/White&R3K match was enjoyable and did what it set out to do by making me excited for the two matches on the second show. Tanahashi/Suzuki was really good, definitely my favourite Suzuki match that I've seen (which is not many because I've never been a big fan). Tanahashi is such a great wrestler that it's hard for him to have a subpar match (looking at you Jay White).

I watched quite a few matches from the DDT Grand Prix tournament, mainly because it had two of my favourite wrestlers, Mike Bailey & Jiro Kuroshio (if you've never seen this guy, I'd recommend going out of your way to do so, he oozes charisma and has the wrestling skills to boot, I'd be surprised if he doesn't become a big name). It had some great wrestling and put a couple of guys on my radar who I hadn't seen before. I'll definitely be popping in now and again to watch the odd show of theirs.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

+ GinyuTokusentai
Member Avatar
Leve Feyenoord 1!

NXT TakeOver New Orlean Main Event Spoiler

Spoiler: click to toggle

Honor Rising Card revealed:

Day 1:
Katsuya Kitamura & Toa Henare VS Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale
Cheeseburger, Delirious & Jushin Thunder Liger VS The Guerillas of Destiny & HIKULEO
David Finlay & Juice Robinson VS The Young Bucks
KUSHIDA VS Hiromu Takahashi VS Flip Gordon
Rysuke Taguchi, Jay Lethal & Dalton Castle VS Chuckie T., Beretta & Jay White
Hirooki Goto VS The Beer City Bruiser for the NEVER Openweight Championship
Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Chase Owens VS Marty Scurll, Hangman Page & Cody

Day 2:
Toa Henare VS The Beer City Bruiser
David Final, Juice Robinson & Jay Lethal VS HIKULEO, Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi
Ryusuke Taguchi & Flip Gordon VS BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi
Cheeseburger, Delirious & Jushin Thunder Liger VS The Guerillas of Destiny & Bad Luck Fale for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag-Team Championship
Chuckie T., YOSHI-HASHI & Jay White VS The Hung Bucks
Dalton Castle VS Beretta for the ROH World Championship
Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega VS Marty Scurll & Cody
Edited by GinyuTokusentai, Feb 13 2018, 01:23 PM.
Posted Image
Ask GinyuTokusentai

Graffiti
Member Avatar
MGD.

Who do y'all think is the best candidate to face off against Lesnar for the Universal Championship? It could go in several ways in my opinion. Lesnar can put over the likes of up-and-coming main roster stars like Finn Balor and Braun Strowman or Reigns could face off against him which has been highly speculated or John Cena could break Ric Flair's record by capturing his 17th world title, which would make history.
Posted Image
"When backed into a corner, you are the most fearsome fighter!"
Piccolo

[Portifolio | Str8 Outta Namek (DBZF's only Hip Hop Club) | MyAnimeList]

* Mitas
Member Avatar

Who I think is best and who I think actually will are two different questions. For the latter, I just can't see past Reigns. They've been waiting to pull the trigger on it for a long, long time and all the current booking signs point that way. As for best, I'm not sure. Maybe Braun, although it's arguable whether he could carry the title. Balor would be a good choice too, and they clearly think enough of him to have put it on him once before. Idk whether they'd be willing to have him beat Lesnar though, they'd probably prefer that to go to a bigger guy.
Posted Image
"Next time?"

+ GinyuTokusentai
Member Avatar
Leve Feyenoord 1!

in WWE's eyes? Probably Roman Reigns.
Lesnar has built up such a status with the belt and carried it so highly that if they continue like this, they might create the same prestige that the IWGP Heavyweight Championship carries.
Roman Reigns getting the belt might ruin that potential but I think it's what Vince really wants to do.

If you ask me, they should give it to a guy that could really be elevated to a new level because of it. I would personally go for Samoa Joe or Finn BŠlor. Perhaps Braun Strowman. In any case, keep the prestige it has now, average reign of a year should be the norm, don't throw it all over the place.

In any case, don't think Lesnar should lose the belt for a while, definitely keep it post-mania.
Posted Image
Ask GinyuTokusentai

* Mitas
Member Avatar

I really want to like Will Ospreay. I appreciate his in-ring skills, even if it can get slightly too flippy, but I just can not get past his stupid facial expressions and over the top screaming whenever he's trying to sell something. It really takes away from my enjoyment of his matches, which is a shame because they're usually very good, and often better.
Posted Image
"Next time?"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · WWE · Next Topic »

//