Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Dragon Ball watch through or read through?
Topic Started: Feb 2 2018, 03:55 AM (1,154 Views)
+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

I was wondering if people would be interested in going through a Dragon Ball watch through or read through together. Basically we'd watch one episode or read one chapter a week then we would discuss it together in one large thread. We could even do two threads for both the anime and the manga if there is enough interest. I feel like this could be a way to spike up some activity. A lot of us are pretty busy, but I think one chapter/episode a week should be pretty manageable.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

I think it's a neat idea. The only Dragon Ball section that gets decent activity nowadays is DBS (and even it is far more dead than it would have been a few years ago). Dragon Ball/Z Discussion is almost like a desert. Also, it's been pretty long since I last went trough the series, so I'd definitely be down for a rewatch/reread.
Edited by Topographic Oceans, Feb 2 2018, 04:14 AM.
Posted Image

SuperSaiyan2
Member Avatar

The only difficulty is the amount of episodes/chapter the series has. It would take ages.
Posted Image
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Is that really a bad thing? And we could always do multiple chapters/episodes and still do once a week too. Like for manga maybe a volume a week, for anime maybe a disc which is about 7 episodes.
Posted Image
RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

SuperSaiyan2
Member Avatar

No, but you may lose some people along the way. I think if you can do 7 episodes a week consistently you'd be fine. Some people may have to watch two in one day or whatnot to get caught up, but it'd work.
Posted Image

Topographic Oceans
Member Avatar

Also, the manga's pacing is pretty brisk. It's not too hard to find time to read at least one volume per week even if you are a busy person.
Posted Image

Wolf
Member Avatar
Shadow Realm >

Iíd be up for this. Maybe we can skype call or something while we watch it together too. Kinda like the podcast but cooler.
Posted Image

me&dingo

Shadow Realms Future

SuperSaiyan2
Member Avatar

If it's the manga I'd participate.
Edited by SuperSaiyan2, Feb 2 2018, 05:50 AM.
Posted Image

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

If you can get this running, good on you. However, this has been tried before and failed, just a fair warning.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

I've always thought this would be a good idea. I wouldn't do it myself (only recently finished reading Dragon Ball and wouldn't be interested in watching it), but hopefully this takes off.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

Rockman
Member Avatar
hoighty-toighty

I worry about people talking over each other during it and it just becoming a constant noise of people talking while DBS is in the background. Some people talk more than others.
Posted Image

JAke is a copyright of Spazo and Pickle Flavored Fudge Pops inc.

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

I don't think it would work unless we were on reddit which seems to be fine for rereads.
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I'd be interested in rereading it, this sounds like a pretty fun idea.
Posted Image

Sam
Member Avatar
It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.

Re-reading is a decent option. I own the manga and while it's not allowed to link to manga chapters online, there's nothing from stopping you from finding 'em quite easily on your own. ;)

As for the episodes... bit tricky. I never actually saw them all and I'm not sure where I could, sans illegal methods. If you want to try it out, I'm sure it would be interesting. It would allow people to break things down on a more micro level.

Though, I agree with Curtis. A chapter/episode a week would take... forever. A whole volume and it might take only a month and a half or so. But I assume there's some middle ground that can be found that covers enough, but not too much, and will last a decent amount of time and also conclude in a reasonable period. Losing people along the way is bound to happen - or for them to simply disappear and reappear as they catch up to the episodes/chapters/discussions.

Skype is ancient and dead. :p Discord would work fine in terms of discussing it via voice, though, there'd be issues of talking over it if it were done together. And it wouldn't really be promoting activity if all the discussion was had in voice. If a transcript could be made and posted, that would be interesting. Like, speech to text (that doesn't suck). Unfortunately, I can't really think of a way to do that. A brainstorming session could make this viable. Hell, RPing never worked for this forum countless times in the past. With some enthusiasm, structure, persistence & a small yet dedicated community, it was the largest non-Dragon Ball related area in 2017. Getting bigger by the day, too.

So I'm not adverse to this at all, but, I think there are a few roadblocks that would need to be addressed along the way and before beginning.
WoW Legion Ending - Thank you Darker for making this into one, big incredible gif! <3

YusukeReborn
Member Avatar

I would be down for something like that. I need to brush up on my DB anyways lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Suggestions and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91