Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Dark Souls
Topic Started: Jan 6 2018, 02:52 PM (1,971 Views)
Dankness Lava
Member Avatar
Dankness Forever

Has anyone played any of the installments of this hardcore series?

I own 3. I've only beaten the first two bosses as of yet, but I find this game so damn fun.
Posted Image
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

No, but I heard it's hard.

It's impossible to not come across this game when you're delving in memes
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

+ Pointer
Member Avatar

I have all of them on steam

Currently i am playing ds3 with my brother in coop
Edited by Pointer, Jan 6 2018, 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Only the third one. They can be fun but they can get stupidly hard too
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

I have not, I plan on getting 3 sometime. I watched two of my friends beat the game twice last year. There's definitely a lot of yelling. Took my brother forever to beat the first enemy. He like took a break for over a year then came back to it and finally beat it.
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

I love these games but I think they're getting easier with each game.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Perhaps that's because you're used to the gameplay. I hear they're supposed to get harder and Dark Souls III is said to be the hardest video game.
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

In order of difficulty for me I reckon DS2 which was the easiest, then DS3, then Bloodbourne and then DS1.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Honestly it was fun while it lasted but I think it's stupid when a game is this hard. Once I feel like I'm just trying to beat the game just to beat it then what's the point? I'm not having fun anymore I'm just getting pissed

Although to be fair, at least the game is ridiculously hard because it's meant to be that way. At least it's not like witcher 3 which is hard because the game f***ing sucks
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Jan 6 2018, 10:30 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Accelerator
Member Avatar
最強の能力者

I've played all 3 and Bloodborne. The first one is by far my favorite of the series in all aspects; the second is utter trash; the third one is great but I feel that it is too linear. Bloodborne is great as well, slightly faster Dark Souls 3 with no shields (actually makes it easier). My complaints with Bloodborne are that its way too short and its far too easy. I haven't played Demon Souls and I don't really intend to ever unless they remaster it or something.
Edited by Accelerator, Jan 7 2018, 01:52 AM.
Posted Image

Din, Oracle of Seasons!

+ Steve
Member Avatar
Greetings. I will be your waifu this season.

I've played and own all of them except the first and I own Demon Souls(it was free on PS+ way back) but I only played it for like half an hour, not knowing what the f*** was going on.

I much prefer Bloodborne personally, the DS games feel clunky in a badly made way. For me a lot of the difficulty stems from that.
Bloodborne was crisp and excellent, it was easier but only because the design wasn't as bad.

DS3 was awful I thought, way too easy in some areas and then brokenly difficult in others.

I basically only play them for a challenge and they're still good on that end, mainly I'm glad that they're not too grindy.
There's limits to how powerful you can be when fighting a boss but it's usually not difficult to make your weapons a good bit better if you're struggling to win, which makes all the difference.
You don't have to grind for like 50 hours to get a decent weapon which is nice, you mostly just have to get better/more confident but extra damage helps.
Posted Image

Definitely not a succubus, fear not

Accelerator
Member Avatar
最強の能力者

Steve
Jan 7 2018, 10:08 PM
Bloodborne was crisp and excellent, it was easier but only because the design wasn't as bad.
Could not disagree more. Bloodborne is easier because parrying is child's play and you can parry just about everything.
Posted Image

Din, Oracle of Seasons!

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Accelerator
Jan 9 2018, 03:35 AM
Steve
Jan 7 2018, 10:08 PM
Could not disagree more. Bloodborne is easier because parrying is child's play and you can parry just about everything.
Only if you know you're timings, if you f*** it up it's way less forgiving I found. Similar to Nioh where you can run around in a nonstop whirl of blades destroying everything but if you do anything wrong even the weakest enemy might rip half or all your health away.

DS games are annoying because you get locked in to animations all the time Way worse for making you slide about everywhere when you want to jump down ledges too.
I find the AI is a lot worse as well, beating the Ancient Dragon in DS2 while naked using just one sword because it only has one attack that can hit under it is hilarious.
Or you can just abuse the game balance and effortlessly obliterate it with magic. Or anything else for that matter.
Posted Image

Dbzk1999
Default Avatar

Ssj3vegito96
Jan 6 2018, 10:28 PM
Honestly it was fun while it lasted but I think it's stupid when a game is this hard. Once I feel like I'm just trying to beat the game just to beat it then what's the point? I'm not having fun anymore I'm just getting pissed

Although to be fair, at least the game is ridiculously hard because it's meant to be that way. At least it's not like witcher 3 which is hard because the game f***ing sucks
Witcher 3 isnít hard, like at all, itís just tedious. Played DS3 coop with a friend, had both of us raging but I ended up going to college before we could finish it
Posted Image

Until the Battle is Won

USMA 2021

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Witcher 3 is hard sometimes, the balance is terrible.

Like an enemy one level above you can do a stupid amount of damage and then if they're 5 levels or something they get auto-regen to the point where sometimes you can't even out damage it.
Daft game.
I like a challenge and it just doesn't let you have one.

That and the amount of insta-kill attacks or the silly damage some things do, such as how in fist fights Geralt can only take like three punches before he's knocked out...whatever sense that makes.

Now that's a game that definitely only has difficulty in it's poor design.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91