Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
New Dragon Ball Film: Coming December 2018
Topic Started: Dec 16 2017, 03:22 AM (3,634 Views)
+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

Looks like we're getting a new film, this time about the origin of the Saiyans.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/941859007161163776
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/941859408375615492
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/941860233353326592
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/941860575860097024

Can't say I'm optimistic. Dragon Ball Minus was an absolute travesty, and here we go with another prequel story about the Saiyans.
Posted Image
3DS FC: 2707-1669-7946
XBL/PSN: MaOujiBejita
Member Online View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

f***ing trash. GARBAGE. Toriyama wants the Saiyans to be cutesy little flowers. I hate it.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperSaiyan2
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Posted Image

+ Pointer
Member Avatar

I hate it.
I mean cmon what do we except after evolution

Posted Image

Thiln
Member Avatar

I've heard speculation that the movie will focus on the origins of the Saiyans, perhaps with Yamoshi taking centre stage as the protagonist of the movie ŗ la the Bardock special. Personally, it doesn't capture much of my interest. Saiyans are already embellished and pedestaled too much in this series, in my opinion. Dedicating even more resources to their grand centralisation of the entire universe around themselves does not sound like an appealing prospect to me. I understand that Toei and Toriyama are just offering what the greatest numbers want, but it's become tiresome having so much grandstanding and praise ascribed to them, much of it artificially facilitated via narrative encumbrance of other characters while subverting their individual cultures and the potential they have.

Should there be any intrinsic application of the movie's contents to Super and its narrative then that will hopefully be clarified to those of us who chose not to watch the movie. Knowing how much Toei likes to sensationalise the Saiyans, I'm fairly confident that we could see some kind of tying in to the anime from this movie, even if it is an origin chronology of one species.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Lol calm down guys we don't even have any specifics. All we know is that it's about the saiyans
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

It specifically deals with the origin of the Saiyans. I just don't care about that stuff, especially considering I already have a good idea about where it's gonna go. It's probably gonna be about the original Super Saiyan and his crew losing to the evil Saiyans. Maybe it'll be good, but with how Minus turned out, I very much doubt it.
Posted Image

Famicommander
Default Avatar
Jukebox hero

I'm down.

Still waiting for Funimation to dub Episode of Bardock, Return Son Goku and Friends, and Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans though.
Posted Image

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

Already a topic on this, but okay.

http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/10019541/1/
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Even the "evil" Saiyans will probably show "good" tendencies. We can't have savage barbarians anymore. They have to be humanized.

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

Lol already hating on it before we even get any details. Classic DBZF.
Posted Image

+ ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Member Avatar
魔王子

I mean, that's a thing with fandoms in general, isn't it? I'm not writing it off completely, but I have reason to be apprehensive.
Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyans, Dec 17 2017, 04:34 PM.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Clearin
Dec 17 2017, 02:17 PM
Lol already hating on it before we even get any details. Classic DBZF.
This ^

Honestly I wasn't surprised to see everyone already hating this. Everywhere else I see most people hyped
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Notaka
Member Avatar
Always Wright

Well if there's one thing I noticed, We all hate super for some reason or think it's inferior to Z
Posted Image
"My name is Kakyoin Noriaki!"

Thanks to Graffiti for the Sig!

Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Everywhere else most people get hyped for no good reason beyond this being yet another DBZ movie.

Here, you actually get reasons for people to hate it, and they're very fair reasons. People are starting to get tired of Saiyan-centered stories, and is that not a fair a criticism in a series with a cast so vast and still yet to be thoroughly explored?
Edited by Darker, Dec 17 2017, 05:09 PM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91