Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
2017 DBZF Forum Award Suggestion Box; Post your thoughts here on current awards, removal of pre-existing awards and proposing new ones!
Topic Started: Dec 13 2017, 02:36 AM (1,010 Views)
Sam
Member Avatar
"Sometimes science is a lot more art than science. A lot of people don't get that."

That's right guys.

I'm still here.

:lol:

And these, as always, are still a thing. We feel it's best to start a little earlier than normal to get exposure out and allow more people to vote. Expect the actual voting to start in ~5 days.

This is just a topic to potentially add new categories to the list and spread awareness that it's that time of the year again. This is NOT the voting topic :p . If you send me your votes, I will lolz.

With that in mind, here's the current list of awards, updated circa Dec. 2016. Since an RP topic won "Topic of the Year" last year, EMIYA suggested that the RP section get its own "best topic". That has been added (in bold) to the list. So, obviously, topic of the year cannot be an RP this time 'round. Get original, guys! :P

Current Awards List As of 2016

I'd like to add "most likely to solve a Dragon Ball debate with their fists" xD. And... come on, this next one is mandatory, and I think we might need a top 3 list for it even... best DBZF ships. i.e. Sam x. Tim.

That'd be it from me, personally! Also, your thoughts on removing the GFX awards for at least this year? Despite my aspirations, I became too busy/lazy this year after making the RP section my goal last year. Re-injuring myself twice, having a litter of Pekingese that have required me to stay up for days on end these last 2-3 months and not really having a cell phone or a working tablet to use has handicapped my activity. :( Having said that, your dad is always watching, and waiting. ;)

Even though activity has, often in bizarre fashion, dramatically risen and fallen this year; from a staggering, landmark 1k+ posts in two or three consecutive days to ~50 posts/day at times, I know most of the people that voted last year will still show up and get around to casting their votes again after I break some knees. While this may not be the official "PM the OP w/ your votes" topic, it does serve an important purpose as it did last year and helps remind people that this is just around the corner. To reiterate, in ~5 days the official voting will begin and this topic will be closed. GIT HYPED!

Thank all of you for keeping this tradition alive for so many years now. It really makes me happy that I have the privilege to do this and am grateful that I have any part in the process whatsoever. It is always a great deal of fun. Make sure you vote and remember, these are for fun! You don't need to fill out every single field if you do vote (but you got dayum better do ya best if ya know what's good for ya's) and please don't take these too seriously. I.E. voting me for worst staff just because my face sucks. We all know it sucks. :T_T:

In all seriousness, Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/A Socially Appropriate Reason to Get Way too Drunk, everybody! I hope you have prosperous and unforgettable moments with your friends & families. Always remember that DBZF is like your internet side-family as well. We might occasionally ditch to go get cigarettes for a few months - I, as the forum Dad, have done this myself at times - but we still eventually return home. :D Tomorrow is not guaranteed, not in the age of forums - especially for one that has existed so damn long like this one. Nor is it guaranteed for you, the people you know and the time you may or may not have left with them.

Check in with the people you care for the most. The truest and most healing gift of all is often simply reminding the people you care about that you're still around and if they ever need to talk, you'll lend an ear or a helping hand. It doesn't (and shouldn't) be attempts at giving them tea-leaf advise or compare situations. Sometimes, just letting someone know that they have you in their corner is enough to remind someone who may be going through a difficult time. In my opinion, it is the only and therefore best way we can help each other heal. So, this year, try harder to give a damn. Communication is a two-way street and we often lose touch with one another at an alarming rate without even noticing it. It's up to you to take the initiative and maintain relationships worth keeping sometimes. Keep an eye out for people that try to get back in touch with you as well. Now is the best time to really reflect on that and who you really want around you moving forward positively into 2018.

Stay safe everyone and I look forward to your suggestions/thoughts on the award categories. :D

Love,
Sam
WoW Legion Ending - Thank you Darker for making this into one, big incredible gif! <3
Member Offline View Profile Goto Top

Tim
Member Avatar
Forum Royalty

Also feel free to add any categories you think should be removed!

Once we have a good list we’ll get up the link for you all to vote in :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

* Light
Member Avatar
Yo

I've been pretty inactive but when the voting topic comes up I'll do my best to fill it!
*I'm voting because I want to, not because Sam threatened to do my knees in if I didn't. And also because he threatened to kill my family.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rockman
Member Avatar
hoighty-toighty

I think all the categories with negative connotation should be removed. i.e. Most Annoying, Worst Staff, internet tough etc
Some people take those seriously.
Posted Image

JAke is a copyright of Spazo and Pickle Flavored Fudge Pops inc.
Member Online View Profile Goto Top

Sam
Member Avatar
"Sometimes science is a lot more art than science. A lot of people don't get that."

Rockman
Dec 14 2017, 11:55 AM
I think all the categories with negative connotation should be removed. i.e. Most Annoying, Worst Staff, internet tough etc
Some people take those seriously.
Curious as to thoughts on this. While I think worst staff is probably gonna go to the guy we GTFO'd this year, I have always had a concern dating back to the 2000s that the negative awards were just meant to take anonymously cruel jabs. True, I wanted them gone partially because I often won worst staff to my bewilderment (perhaps not making friends with anyone had something to do with it :p ), but also because it's not really an award. I'm not as adamant on getting rid of them now as I was, say, ten years ago... but, I still feel the same way.

The playful ones I think should stay. But "awarding" someone's activity w/ a "most awful/annoying member" badge kinda sucks. Internet tough guy isn't so bad, nor rage quitting a discussion, I see those as more playful. But perhaps anything that denotes an outright insult or negative feeling should be removed? I won rage quitting discussions last year, but, I definitely had a habit of doing that (and also pointing out in the exact last post I was making that I was leaving before someone got on my nerves :lol: )

Tl;dr: I would agree with worst staff, most annoying, unable to take a joke (chances are whoever wins this won't take it very well for somewhat ironic reasons xD)... the gray area ones are internet tough guy, strictest staff (I don't necessarily view this as bad - some people mean it as a compliment, others don't) and others along these lines. Also, I think the regretting Trump vote one can be safely removed as the election concluded in 2016.
Edited by Sam, Dec 14 2017, 04:02 PM.
WoW Legion Ending - Thank you Darker for making this into one, big incredible gif! <3

Tinny
Member Avatar

I don't think I'd mind getting rid of negative awards like most annoying and such, maybe with the exception of worst member since that tends to turn into ironic campaigning?

Also no, looking at the talking it's obvious we're still in election season. Forever. But yeah.

For new stuff, I support shipping, solving debate via FIST, I was gonna suggest most likely to coup the site for Naruto but Copy would win that virtue of actually doing it :p I'll see if I can't think more original stuff in time.
Posted Image
Above signature created by Graffiti

Posted Image

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

I don't know if its been mentioned yet but have we thought about adding some distinction to the staff awards. For example we could have an award for both "Super Moderators" and "Forum Moderators."

And when it comes to negative awards especially "worst member" and "most annoying" I suggest as I said in another topic, to pick users that have been specifically banned or GTFOd. This way we specifically have users who have truly messed up. Instead of people choosing someone they personally don't like.
Edited by EMIYA, Dec 14 2017, 08:01 PM.

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

Aren't all staff covered in 'staff of the year'? You can vote for any of them.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

I think the problem there is that because of this, many people seem to end up distinguishing Super Moderators as they cover the whole forum while Forum Moderators are designated to specific places. I feel that Super Moderators can have their own award section while Forum Moderators, including the RPG Moderators and what not can have their own award section.

So Administration+Super Moderators will have one section and the other Moderators (Forum, GFX, RPG, etc) will have their own section.
Edited by EMIYA, Dec 14 2017, 08:12 PM.

+ Son-Goku
Member Avatar
孫悟空

I'd take out the most likely to regret voting for Donald Trump one too.
Posted Image
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed!" ― Lelouch vi Britannia

RP Character Bios
Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power

Sam
Member Avatar

Problem with that, EMIYA, is Lazerbem is our only really active Forum Moderator right now. He'd kinda win it by default :p I like just having one award for the staff. Less clutter as well.

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

......don't the RP Moderators count as Forum Moderators? We certainly aren't Global Mods.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Sam
Member Avatar

True. I left this topic open for much longer considering the Holiday season and lack of posts.

In any case, Tim will likely be condensing this list and posting the voting sometime soon. Keep your eyes open! :D
Edited by Sam, Dec 25 2017, 06:39 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Theme Designed by McKee91