Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Does the FA cup still matter?
Topic Started: Nov 30 2017, 05:27 PM (160 Views)
+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Seems to me that these days with all the money in the top two English leagues, the FA cup is kind of a damp squib. Yes the winner gets entered into the Europa League but even that's not a huge incentive really. Especially since most of the teams who win the tournament tend to already be qualified for European competition anyway.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits
Online Profile Quote Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

It doesn't matter to the big teams, that's for sure. It's much more important to lower league teams for the possibility of a big tie and a financial boost. It only really matters to the mid-table Premiership teams. Those at the top (top four, high league position) and bottom (relegation battle) have more important things to worry about.

I used to think that the winner should get a Champions League spot if they're in the Premiership the next season with the idea that it could give financial and prestige boosts to teams and make the top 6 less exclusive. But then Leicester won the league and got into the Champions League and it's not really done anything for them since. It'd at least make it matter more to the top 6 though, as a viable option for a Champions League spot.

Edit: Or maybe the winner of the FA Cup has to pay the 4th placed team for the CL spot. That'd be cool.
Edited by Mitas, Nov 30 2017, 06:31 PM.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."
Offline Profile Quote Top

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
Formerly known as daman

It matters to Arsenal fans.
kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

Make the old spam section viewable plz

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

There's a Europa League spot for the team who wins, so yes it still matters. There's also a fair bit of money in it.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page
Online Profile Quote Top

King Gattsu
Member Avatar
The White Swordsman

Of course it does. What kind of question is this.
Posted Image

Rip her to shreds. Just like Griffith did.

Me

When she wants the stick

Posted Image

Shout out to NinjaSushiCreative for this great sig! Get yours here!

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
Formerly known as daman

A desperate one. I'll ask one too.
kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

Make the old spam section viewable plz

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Football (Soccer) · Next Topic »

//