Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Saint seiya Netflix series
Topic Started: Nov 18 2017, 07:34 AM (618 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I was thinking of watching the original but is it worth it now that there's going to be a remake on Netflix?
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Yes, of course it is.

You never know how the remake will turn out to be.
Posted Image

"Ah, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it."

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Have you seen the original series? Is it good? I noticed there's other Saint seiya series like Next Dimension, Lost Canvas, and Omega. Should I watch one of those instead?
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Saint Seiya was one of the first anime I saw when I was a kid. I didn't watch all the episodes 'cause it was hard to catch them on TV back then but I saw a fair chunk, probably the majority, though I have very faint memories of what happened for the most part.

Can't remember if I later watched any of the sequels but start with the very first one, just in case. Watch the other ones after the first, if you want.
Posted Image

"Ah, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it."

Saiyan36
Member Avatar

These two series are basically my childhood: Dragon ball / Z and Saint Seiya.

I like the original Saint Seiya series a lot. There is some great epic fight scenes in this show, mixed with deeper emotional scenes. I think it's really really good, and the Sanctionary Arc is still upon the best fight shoonen anime ever made in my humble opinion. With the Holy Pope being a great villain.

Recently i have rewatched this series. Apart from the nostalgic feelings i thought 'Is this really made in the 80s? It has some fighting animation that even today would stand out.'

I have watched the original series first on French television. This was a better and much less censored version than the one who appeared later on in the US on Cartoon Network. The US-version was too much censored, in such a bad way sadly enough the story was no longer comprehensible. It's not really a children's cartoon in my opinion, i really consider it 13+. There are some pretty hard fighting scenes with some blood. The series wasn't too popular in US and never aired fully.

I would strongly advise it. The series was never fully dubbed in English. Just watch it Subbed. The Japanese version is fine.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Here in Europe we're a tad more tolerant towards boobs and blood compared to the US. I think some of our pervier magazines are proof of it.

But yeah, Saint Seiya isn't the best dubbed anime as far as I remember.
Posted Image

Saiyan36
Member Avatar

Honestly i am not looking massively forward at this point into making this a complete remake in CG. I'd rather would have liked them to restore the old animation and give it a descent English dub. Would a complete 'CG-release' be an improvement to the orginal series? I'd really really doubt it. I just think classic 2D-animation suits this kind of stuff better.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I'm not sure if I like the idea of using CG instead of just top notch art and animation.

It seems like Saint Seiya is a pretty well known and popular series but how come the fan base is so small now? I mean if this new series is good I bet that will change things but as of now I'm confused. It's such a big series but there are no big forums or discussions about the series from what I've seen
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Dec 5 2017, 01:42 AM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Probably because every Saint Seiya fan doesn't give a s*** about this new crappy CGI series.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

No I'm talking the franchise in general. As big as the series is there doesn't seem to be a very big fan base
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

jason vorhees
Member Avatar

Saint seiya verse also has characters above dbs

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Ssj3vegito96
Dec 5 2017, 03:51 AM
No I'm talking the franchise in general. As big as the series is there doesn't seem to be a very big fan base
Most of the fanbase is from Europe and Asia, don't expect that many discussions from english-speaking forums.
Posted Image

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Ah ok that makes sense
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Saiyan36
Member Avatar

Darker
Dec 5 2017, 04:46 AM
Ssj3vegito96
Dec 5 2017, 03:51 AM
Most of the fanbase is from Europe and Asia, don't expect that many discussions from english-speaking forums.
You're from Spain. i'm from Belgium. You watched it too on French television: 'Club Dorothée' i thought the progam was called.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Can't remember if I watched it the spanish or the latin spanish dub, I don't think I watched a french version though.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anime & Manga · Next Topic »

//