Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Do general practitioners exist in the US?
Topic Started: Oct 12 2017, 10:32 AM (120 Views)
+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Asking Americans if they have general practitioners.

In the UK if we have a problem then we get it checked out at a clinic by a general practitioner. Usually they remain your doctor for most of their careers.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits
Online Profile Quote Top

Doggo Champion 2k17
No Avatar

Yes, we do. They suck though.
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

The ones at my local clinic are really good.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits
Online Profile Quote Top

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

I don't have the same GP, which I think is uncommon. When I want to go to the doctor, I usually like to ring up on the day and make the appointment, so it's easier to just have whoever is free. In my experience of seeing many GP's, they're a real mixed bag. Some are really helpful, while others seem completely useless. It's usually the locums (GP's who are standins and aren't attached to the surgery) who are the least helpful.

That being said, the doctor I saw on Monday is one who I think I'm going to try and keep up a regular relationship with, at least with my mental health stuff. He was really helpful.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."
Offline Profile Quote Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »

//