Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bass solos
Topic Started: Aug 17 2017, 06:19 PM (397 Views)
+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

This man is why I picked up the bass.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Are you good with a bass guitar?

I'll also leave this here.

Posted Image

If only there was somewhere you could hide...

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Lemmy was sensational.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

I remember seeing them live and my ears rang for two days.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
Formerly known as daman

Something a bit different:

Ridiculous tapping, slapping and mean-mugging:

edit: wrong tags
Edited by TrunksinSwimmingTrunks, Apr 16 2018, 11:05 AM.
kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

Make the old spam section viewable plz

“They've accepted their hopes and their despair and they're trying to create their own future...
Maybe, for people like that, miracles are inevitable, don't you think?” - Makoto Naegi

Wolf
Member Avatar
Shadow Realm >

I’ve always heard bass players don’t get recognition
Posted Image

me&dingo

Shadow Realms Future

TrunksinSwimmingTrunks
Member Avatar
Formerly known as daman

It tends to be a rhythm instrument, so it's not going to get noticed as quickly as vocals, piano or guitar (which provide the melody). The drums'll get noticed more because they have some high pitch sounds to them, which are easier to follow. Bass tones don't travel well naturally and a lot of speakers on computers etc don't play bass very well, so it's not going to be that audible unless you're live and even then bass amps have to be huge compared to guitar ones. I honestly have to dance to find basslines a lot of the time, because I can't hear them that well.

It also depends on the genre. In major label pop the musicians are hired guns (so don't get famous) and in rock, the bass often mirrors the guitar and then is reduced in the mix by the audio engineer, so it's not distinctly audible, although there are bands that are exceptions like Turbowolf and RHCP. A lot of J-rock bands have pretty good and audible basslines too, for whatever reasons. Also, a lot of rock basslines are really simple and since rock is the most popular genre that features bass, bass players can look like a bunch of people who couldn't hack it at guitar. Whether it's that they suck or that they just can't get permission to play more interesting stuff due to the other band members, idk.

In genres like jazz and motown the bass a prominent role more regularly and the bassists in those genres might be a bit more famous, but maybe they still aren't. The most influential and innovative players are from those genres at least, but they might only be famous to bass players lol.
kamizake pyro is a girl? olsiw

Make the old spam section viewable plz

“They've accepted their hopes and their despair and they're trying to create their own future...
Maybe, for people like that, miracles are inevitable, don't you think?” - Makoto Naegi

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Music · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Designed by McKee91