Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Westworld
Topic Started: Aug 6 2017, 04:05 PM (781 Views)
Strawberry
Member Avatar
Chiaroscuro ♥

Posted Image

Quote:

Westworld is an American science fiction western thriller television series created by Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy for HBO. It is based on the 1973 film of the same name, which was written and directed by American novelist Michael Crichton, and to a lesser extent on the 1976 sequel Futureworld.

The story takes place in the fictional Westworld, a technologically advanced Wild West–themed amusement park populated by android hosts. Westworld caters to high-paying guests, who may indulge in whatever they wish within the park, without fear of retaliation from the hosts.

Trailer Season 1:

PLEASE tell me you guys have watched Westworld and are as excited as I am for Season 2 coming soon! :cool:
I'll go ahead and say it, Westworld may very well be one of the best -- if not the best -- series I've watched in my life. It's a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Brilliantly written, directed and acted. With amazing talent including the likes of Anthony freaking Hopkins and one of my personal faves, Evan Rachel Wood (who is the female lead in my favorite movie of all time, Across The Universe <333, also the female lead in Westworld).

I find the concept of Westworld absolutely fascinating, specially from a perspective of ethics and morality. In one of the very first episodes one of the human characters asks one of the hosts whether or not they're real, and the host answers "if you can't tell difference, why does it matter?". It may sound like a simple answer, but it holds so much meaning in relation to those questions of morality and what exactly makes someone human or not.

If you haven't watched Westworld please do. I do deeply believe it is a must-watch.
Edited by Strawberry, Aug 6 2017, 04:08 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
♪ ♥ ♫
Across The Universe
Member Offline View Profile Quote Post Goto Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

This was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits

+ Steve
Member Avatar
Greetings. I will be your waifu this season.

I really liked it I just thought it was a tiny bit slower than it needed to be, there's a lot of kinda filler content there I don't feel mattered all that much and probably won't ever be relevant again.

Season 2 soon? I thought it was going to be ages before they did it, I read up on it after the first and they were talking about taking their time to "get it right"?
Posted Image

Definitely not a succubus, fear not

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/10003050/1/

Just making you aware that we already have a topic on this ^_^

Yeah, the first season was really amazing. Incredible acting across the board and very exciting plotlines. Looking forward to the chaotic Season 2 :D
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

Strawberry
Member Avatar
Chiaroscuro ♥

Steve
Aug 6 2017, 06:02 PM
I really liked it I just thought it was a tiny bit slower than it needed to be, there's a lot of kinda filler content there I don't feel mattered all that much and probably won't ever be relevant again.

Season 2 soon? I thought it was going to be ages before they did it, I read up on it after the first and they were talking about taking their time to "get it right"?

I thought the pacing was pretty good, personally. Also didn't think Westworld had ANY problem with filler content whatsoever. Most scenes and interactions you see end up having some sort of significance in the plot and/or in character development.

Also I should clarify that "soon" is like... next year, I'm pretty sure :p I probs made it sound like it was premiering next week or something, but yeah, I think it's set to premiere next Spring. ^_^ Soon enough, I suppose.

Emmeth
Aug 6 2017, 08:06 PM
http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/10003050/1/

Just making you aware that we already have a topic on this ^_^

Yeah, the first season was really amazing. Incredible acting across the board and very exciting plotlines. Looking forward to the chaotic Season 2 :D

Ahhh, my bad. I did take a look to see if a thread had been made for this, but didn't find it in the last 2 or 3 pages so just assumed it hadn't. Apologies. We can resume the discussion for Season 2 over in that thread then!

Posted Image

Posted Image
♪ ♥ ♫
Across The Universe

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

First of, I don't know how I did not see this thread considering that I've been watching Westworld since it came out but that is in the past. Today is the day that season 2 comes out!! I've been trying to rewatch season one before this season started but I'm not going to make it lol. I'll probably watch the last episode later today before the premiere.

Edited by Green, Apr 22 2018, 02:05 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't you ever worry that you're on the Devil's side without even knowing it? - DCI John Luther
Black power ranger; I do not belong... B.o.B - Mr. Mister

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

I love it but I have to wait until tomorrow before I can watch season 2.

Posted Image

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Huh? TODAY? How in f*** did that sneak up on me? I remember months ago reading it wouldn't be out for a long time because it has to be "Just right" or something.
Bamboozled.

Something tells me this season won't be free with Amazon Prime though...

I haven't even watched the trailer for this one so this should be good.

I just hope Anthony Hopkins; character somehow isn't dead, even though realistically it was probably too expensive to keep him and all the other high-ish up actors ongoing.
Posted Image

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

You might want to spoiler that Steve. Not everyone will have seen all of Season 1 yet.

Posted Image

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

Pelador
Apr 22 2018, 02:37 PM
I love it but I have to wait until tomorrow before I can watch season 2.

Is it being released on a different date for you?
Steve
Apr 22 2018, 04:09 PM
Huh? TODAY? How in f*** did that sneak up on me? I remember months ago reading it wouldn't be out for a long time because it has to be "Just right" or something.
Bamboozled.

Something tells me this season won't be free with Amazon Prime though...

I haven't even watched the trailer for this one so this should be good.

I just hope Anthony Hopkins; character somehow isn't dead, even though realistically it was probably too expensive to keep him and all the other high-ish up actors ongoing.

I feel like there was enough distraction with other shows to make this wait not feel too long which was nice. I put the premiere date in my phone about a month ago and this last month as been a little torturous lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't you ever worry that you're on the Devil's side without even knowing it? - DCI John Luther

+ Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

I think UK has a one-day after policy. Norway, I believe, has a week.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Yeah we have it with Walking Dead and Game of Thrones too. Probably a bunch of shows actually.

Posted Image

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

Oh wow, I didn't know about that. I'll be sure to use spoilers if I post my reactions tonight or tomorrow (which I would have done an way).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

+ Steve
Member Avatar

Yeah and this is why I tend to download things, s*** like that is so annoying...what's the point? Who does it benefit?

I would much rather download and watch something at the same time as everyone else than have my enjoyment ruined by someone posting a spoiler or saying it outside. Shouldn't have to completely avoid social contact for a week just to enjoy a story <_<

Hope this series is slightly less of a slow burn.
Posted Image

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

season 2 Episode 1

Non-spoiler opinion, This first episode moved at the same pace as episodes in the previous season. The theme for this season appears to be vastly different from the first which I think is good for the story development. I am really looking forward to the next episode to get a better understanding of where they are headed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Television and Films · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91