Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Big Bang Theory
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 06:56 PM (852 Views)
+ Lord Yamcha
Member Avatar
Wolf of the Wasteland

Do you believe in it?
Posted Image
RP Character Bios

Dragon Ball Super: The Super Human
Dragon Ball Super: Preparation for the Tournament of Power
Offline Profile Quote Top

Doggo Champion 2k17
No Avatar

I believe it's true unless it's either disproved or a better theory replaces it.

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

I actually don't. I think it's wrong. For it to be true would require all the mass in the universe to be crammed into an infinitely small space. It just doesn't make sense from a mathematical point of view. So I think something else happened instead.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Steve
Member Avatar
TOMODACHI NI NAROU

Yeah I feel like we haven't got that one quite right.

In the search for the answer to everything I think we really just need to wrap our heads around the concept of "The universe has always existed"

Can't imagine it's something we'll truly be able to understand, like dying. Our minds can't fathom not existing on any level because all we know is existence.
Posted Image

lazerbem
Member Avatar

Quote:

It just doesn't make sense from a mathematical point of view

Imagine a shipment of cocaine surrounded by TNT. When the TNT blows it up, suddenly the cocaine goes from being very compressed to spreading everywhere. In what way does it not make sense mathemetically?
Posted Image
Always a step behind.
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Because when you do the maths you get infinite. That shouldn't happen.

Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Top

Yu Narukami
Member Avatar
Izanagi!

Eh, all the laws and limitations we know exist within the Universe, so in a hypothetical space of 'nothing', anything can happen without cause or effect, a la the Big Bang.
Posted Image

Doggo Champion 2k17
No Avatar

Wouldn't scientists reject the theory if that were the case?

+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Plenty of scientists do. It's definitely not written in stone.

Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Top

Doggo Champion 2k17
No Avatar

But the majority of very learned scientists accept it and find it logical, at least for the time being. They're still trying to figure out more, but most of them don't claim the big bang theory to be false. That would require evidence to the contrary.

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

Steve
Jul 26 2017, 08:03 PM
Can't imagine it's something we'll truly be able to understand, like dying. Our minds can't fathom not existing on any level because all we know is existence.
I don't agree with that. I think we all understand the concept of death and the ceasing of our existence, hence why there's so much fear surrounding it and so many attempts to create something after it. It's less a lack of fathoming and more a battle to stop it happening.

In regards to the Big Bang Theory, to be completely honest I don't have enough knowledge to have an opinion either way, nor do I particularly care. I'll leave it to those more equipped and more interested to figure it out one way or the other. Whether it was the Big Bang or some other scientific phenomenon doesn't really impact my existence.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

+ Steve
Member Avatar
TOMODACHI NI NAROU

Mitas
Jul 26 2017, 08:34 PM
Steve
Jul 26 2017, 08:03 PM
I don't agree with that. I think we all understand the concept of death and the ceasing of our existence, hence why there's so much fear surrounding it and so many attempts to create something after it. It's less a lack of fathoming and more a battle to stop it happening.
I'd still stand with what I said, people can't imagine just "nothing" even as most people imagine seeing an endless black void really there'd be nothing, nothing at all and your brain can't perceive that so you have to come up with these fantasies or what it would be like to "be dead" as if it's something you'd be aware of.

The Big Bang Theory definitely seems the most likely out of logical scientific theories, given that we can apparently see what's left of the explosion.
But that could just be an event within the universe not necessarily what created it, created it as we know it but not created it entirely.

I don't think we'll ever really know, even if we were to create a time machine we could probably only ever get it to after the event. Maybe findings there would reveal the truth.
Posted Image

* Mitas
Member Avatar
It truly was a Shawshank redemption

Well I guess I just speak for myself then, but I completely understand the idea of ceasing to exist.
Posted Image
"Then you've got the chance to do better next time."
"Next time?"
"Course. Doing better next time. That's what life is."

EMIYA
Member Avatar
"I am the bone of my sword."

The entire theory of the Big Bang comes from Hubble's research as he noted that celestial bodies, such as the stars were actually moving further and further away from the Earth. It was theorized quite understandably that, much like reversing the play through of a video, these objects should return back to an original source, much like that of reversing an explosion. Every scientist agrees that the universe is expanding, in fact the majority consensus is that it is actually getting faster.

The Big Bang literally lies on the theory this expanding essence of space and matter all had to originate from some source. All the material in the universe originated as a single source made up of space and material and matter.

The reason we have the Big Bang Theory is that it is one, if not arguably the only real prominent scientific explanation of the universes creation. What some people mistakenly think is that a theory is nothing more than a scientific guess when in fact a theory is more like a solid scientific explanation without a concrete answer. There's many formulas and expressions that goes into the theory, well beyond just expanding stuff, but there's no way to concretely prove it.

It's the same way with any theory, such as the theory of Evolution or the Theory of Relativity. There's plenty of material, evidence and formulaic structure that when brought together would logically make these theories sensible. However there's no way to properly test them or give concrete answer. The Big Bang is literally the best explanation of the Universe's creation on a scientific standpoint that we have at the moment.
Online Profile Quote Top

Zoom
Member Avatar

What about the multiverse theory?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Deep Discussion · Next Topic »

//