Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia
Topic Started: May 19 2017, 07:11 PM (78 Views)
+ Pelador
Member Avatar
Crazy Awesome Legend

Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia is a remake of the second Fire Emblem for NES, Fire Emblem Gaiden. However rather than just make a straight copy, they've gone and changed it up a great deal. As well as including some dodgy English voice acting, they've added a system where you can freely explore dungeons. In these dungeons you can run into enemies and then the standard Fire Emblem combat begins. Gone away is the recent team up system which I personally hated. Now it's all one on one. At least I think so anyway. The tutorials certainly haven't mentioned it at all. There's also an overworld map where you can chose to fight enemies or sometimes avoid them if there's a path around them.

Combat is a little different. Now it seems your weapons don't get damaged. However your team can get fatigued so you need to pray at shrines and stuff.

Plotwise it's the same old same old. Take down an evil empire which is being manipulated behind the scenes by a powerful antagonist. You begin the game as Alm, a male sword weilding character and as you progress the story you also play as Celica, a female warrior in the same vein.

This is a really good remake and I highly recommend it. Just so long as you can get past the game's really long opening scenes. I have heard worse voice acting but that's no excuse. A hit franchise like Fire Emblem should be trying harder in this regard.

I give it a solid 7/10.
Edited by Pelador, May 19 2017, 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonjits
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Havoc_Wreaker
Member Avatar
Princess_Havoc

Looking forward to the game. I'll prolly pick it up sometime in the upcoming months.
Posted Image

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
狼牙風風拳

I forgot to pre-order it. I'm going to check Walmart today to see if there are any in. I may just end up buying an amazon gift card and ordering it.
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta
Posted Image

Spoiler: click to toggle

+ Greenough
Member Avatar
狼牙風風拳

Beat the game a couple days ago. It was pretty good, better than Fire Emblem Fates imo. At least better than Birthright and Revelation that is. Still probably better than Conquest. Overall a good game, I'd give about an 8/10. Not quite as good as Awakening or Radiant Dawn. But it definitely felt like older Fire Emblem, felt similar to Sacred Stones in a lot of ways.
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Video Games · Next Topic »

//