Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Give me your opinion on each GT Saga
Topic Started: May 2 2017, 03:47 AM (1,025 Views)
DBZMan
No Avatar

Give me your opinions on each of the 3 GT Sagas - Baby, Super 17 and Shadow Dragons.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Billa
Member Avatar
Thala na Gethu!

Baby~Easily GT's peak. It gives a strong Z-feel (with Baby coming off as Cell/Kid Buu ripoff, giving Goku a tough time, SSJ4 upgrade, Earth going Boom & stuff!

Classic material

Super 17~Another my fav, too short though. The animation looks crisp, fights were cooler & the entire premise:villains escape frm hell is different

Shadow Dragons~Sucks donkey b*lls. Besides 2-3 Episodes, most of the sequences in this Arc was Monster-of-the-Week routine (Green Toad Shenron, Pink Duck Shenron, Lady Shenron ARGHHH!!!!)

Dude, wonder why ya skipped Black Star DB Arc? Cuz most of the fanbase loathes it?

BSDB Arc~A solid start with horrible midway but super strong ending which preludes to well...y'know the next arc

I like how the Goku trio was challenged by Dr.Myuu's minions: Para Para Bros, Mutchi Motchi, Luud, Doltacki, Sigma Forces, General Rildo finally.....BABE.....Baby actually.

The plot itself was haphazard, but the undercurrent tension for "DB chase" was the mainstay & driving force of the Arc
Edited by Billa, May 2 2017, 08:40 AM.

+ Kaboom
Member Avatar

- Grand Tour arc: It was really hit and miss with its attempts to recapture the adventurous and fun stories of early Dragon Ball, but I think it managed more hits than misses. Overall I enjoy it a lot. Funimation made the wrong move skipping these episodes at first (especially as part of their larger misguided attempt to HARDCORE-ize GT).

- Baby arc: A lot of good build-up and some really awesome action with the advent of Super Saiyan 4... but it rapidly became a Goku-fest and the final battle became badly animated and kind of fizzled out disappointingly. Still, that initial reveal of Super Saiyan 4 and Goku then using it to mercilessly beat down Baby is a serious contender for the highlight of all of GT.

- Super 17 arc: High-octane action that made ZERO FRICKIN' SENSE. I have to admit that nothing in Super has quite matched the mess of incoherence and nonsense underneath the Super 17 arc.

- Shadow Dragons arc: It was good, and the ending was great of course... but its biggest problem was that it turned into yet another shameless Goku-fest. You've got 7 evil dragons spread across the entire world. Yet instead of letting the supporting cast get out there and strut their stuff, you just send Goku out to beat all of them one-by-one, with Pan tagging along so he has someone to save...? Even Vegeta was only given Super Saiyan 4 so he and Goku could use Fusion, and while Gogeta felt somewhat wasted here, at least GT didn't attempt to retcon anything about the Fusion Dance in the process.
Edited by Kaboom, May 15 2017, 04:58 PM.

+ Clearin
Member Avatar

The Black Star Dragon Ball hunt and Super 17 arc are trash
Shadow Dragons starts trash but has an amazing end.
Baby saga is okay.
Posted Image

+ Solid Snake
Member Avatar
滅Are you frightened?

Only thing that was good was the Baby saga and Nouva Shenron. The rest is okay but BOGT was a***.
Posted Image
Shinnozou tomete kureru! ~ Evil Ryu

SSJG and SSJ4 Goku Sig

Dragon Ball: Ultimate Road Story

Naruto and Goku's Adventure Story

Paladin
Member Avatar

Baby arc - Has some decent moments, Super Saiyan 4 was nice, but it fizzled out at the end. The anime Black arc took notes from this.

The rest - nigh unwatchable for me, I couldn't even finish the BSDB arc and the Suguroku stuff was cringey. The Shadow Dragons were a cool concept, but executed very poorly. Super 17 isn't even worth mentioning, it's just awful.

Final verdict - trash
Posted Image

Sam
Member Avatar
"Bwonsamdi, he be waiting to greet you."

Baby was hit or miss, the Starred Dragons was... flat. Super 17 was atrocious, however. And the odd beginning certainly didn't help. Or the Goku-is-a-kid shtick.
Posted Image
Thanks to NinjaSushi for the art - and Darker for pestering me into changing it. Happy now? It's Logan! :p

Emmeth
Member Avatar
I Yoeri

Grand Tour - 7/10
Baby - 7.5/10
Super 17 - 4/10, could've been on par with the others with 10 more episodes.
Shadow Dragons - 6/10 with a good ending.

I only really like some aspects of the show. I'm a huge fan of Pan and how they handled her potential, but they could've given her a transformation. Goku was better than he is in Super, but overall a pain in the a***. Villains were lackluster, maybe with the exception of Baby and some enemies they met in Grand Tour; Ledgic is easily the single best enemy in the show, reminds me a lot of Hit.

Overall - 6/10... I guess.
Posted Image
My Twitch Page

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

I like every single arc with the exception of Super 17's due to how short it is.

The Grand Tour Arc was a fun adventure, I have fond memories of some of the episodes. The Baby Arc has Baby, who was a pretty cool threat that felt almost unbeatable by that point, and even then was still a hard one to put down, similar to Boo but slightly more intelligent. The Shadow Dragons arc has the ending the series needed, and that's mostly why I like it, it feels like it completed the series well, and the Dragons were pretty effective, entertaining and meaningful villains, especially since they all were the Dragon Balls themselves.
Posted Image

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Black Star Dragon Ball Saga - I can't even with this dumpster fire.

Baby Saga - The build up was good, but after Baby turned into an Oozaru, the flame simmered out.

Super 17 Saga - Bleh.

Evil Dragons Saga - Awful start, but the battles with Si Xing Long and Yi Xing Long were good.
Posted Image

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

Pyrus
May 7 2017, 02:08 AM

Baby Saga - The build up was good, but after Baby turned into an Oozaru, the flame simmered out.

Super 17 Saga - Bleh.

Evil Dragons Saga - Awful start, but the battles with Si Xing Long and Yi Xing Long were good.
You know what a good episode was? When Goku was hiding from Si Xing Long for a full episode.
Posted Image

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Super Saiyan
May 7 2017, 02:54 AM
Pyrus

Super 17 Saga - Bleh.

You know what a good episode was? When Goku was hiding from Si Xing Long for a full episode.
I enjoyed that episode for the time it gave me to think about my life choices.
Posted Image

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

Pyrus
May 7 2017, 03:03 AM
Super Saiyan
May 7 2017, 02:54 AM
Pyrus

Super 17 Saga - Bleh.

I enjoyed that episode for the time it gave me to think about my life choices.
In that case I will watch it right now.
Posted Image

ahill1
No Avatar

Kaboom
May 4 2017, 01:08 AM
- "Grand Tour" arc: It was really hit and miss with its attempts to recapture the adventurous and fun stories of early Dragon Ball, but I think it managed more hits than misses. Overall I enjoy it a lot. Funimation made the wrong move skipping these episodes at first (especially as part of their larger misguided attempt to HARDCORE-ize GT).

- Baby arc: A lot of good build-up and some really awesome action with the advent of Super Saiyan 4... but it rapidly became a Goku-fest and the final battle became badly animated and kind of fizzled out disappointingly. Still, that initial reveal of Super Saiyan 4 and Goku then using it to mercilessly beat down Baby is a serious contender for the highlight of all of GT.

- Super 17 arc: High-octane action that made ZERO FRICKIN' SENSE. I have to admit that nothing in Super has quite matched the mess of incoherence and nonsense underneath the Super 17 arc.

- Shadow Dragons arc: It was good, and the ending was great of course... but its biggest problem was that it turned into yet another shameless Goku-fest. You've got 7 evil dragons spread across the entire world. Yet instead of letting the supporting cast get out there and strut their stuff, you just send Goku out to beat all of them one-by-one, with Pan tagging along so he has someone to save...? Even Vegeta was only given Super Saiyan 4 so he and Goku could use Fusion, and while Gogeta felt somewhat wasted here, at least GT didn't attempt to retcon anything about the Fusion Dance in the process.
I get the feeling you enjoy GT more than Super.

+ Kaboom
Member Avatar

ahill1
May 7 2017, 04:08 AM
I get the feeling you enjoy GT more than Super.
I have made little, if any, attempt to hide that fact.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball GT/Movies · Next Topic »

//