Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Netflix's Iron Fist
Topic Started: Mar 17 2017, 10:43 PM (203 Views)
Steve
Member Avatar
Taking over the world one couch at a time

Came out today I believe, has anyone watched any of it?

Watched the first two episodes so far.

Really slow start but it's intriguing enough I think, I'd say it lacks the punch(ironyyy) that Daredevil had initially but being part of this series it's obviously worth giving it a chance to develop further.

Not much I can say for the characters so far, nobody is really bad but nobody is particularly excellent either.

But maybe my perception is skewed from having just finished Season 2 of Daredevil, the relationships between all the characters in Daredevil are great.

As for spoilery stuff, nothing too major first two episodes are all set-up.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Hope Daredevil and Iron Fist have a sparring match at some point, it'll be interesting to see how all these characters interact.
Also need to see if Iron Fist can knock Luke Cage out, my guess is yes.
Posted Image

Self cannibalism ftw
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Green
Member Avatar
Flashy Thing!

I just talked to a co-worker about this yesterday and I already forgot about it lol. I'll give it a watch this weekend. I saw an interview where they said the build up is pretty slow but worth it. Unfortunately there is only one good way to find out.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Emmeth
No Avatar
I Yoeri

Watching the first episode. So far I'm not impressed and from reviews it doesn't seem like it's gonna get better. But if David Wenham is great, I'll watch it all the way through.

Steve
Member Avatar

Oh yeah I never knew he was in it, he seems good so far.

These series definitely benefit from the older, more experienced and recognizable actors littered throughout them.

For me it's mainly how slow it is that's a negative, so far.

I hear it's more "cheesy" than the others which is apparently a negative but if Arrow and The Flash are still popular then I doubt it's all that bad, probably just doesn't have as deep or dark a narrative as the others.

EDIT Okay yeah 5 episodes in this is really slow, I can see why it's had bad reviews.

It's better than them having added a crap ton of artificial conflict but they could have done something more with Colleen surely? Get some action flow going on.

Or maybe The Hand could do stuff sooner.

Just seems like everything is going slow for a climax in The Defenders but...that just makes Iron Fist unsatisfying, this far in at least.
Edited by Steve, Mar 19 2017, 06:09 PM.
Posted Image

Self cannibalism ftw

Emmeth
No Avatar
I Yoeri

It's a real shame that this got bad reviews, though understandable. I really like the cast, I think they are all very good (maybe with the exception of the main lead). However the story is super-lacking and seems like rehashed Daredevil stuff. I get that they are building up The Hand as a sinister organization, but I don't think they are doing it right.

However, hopefully, I think this series will be a bit redeemed by the time The Defenders come out.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

It seems very few people liked this show the moment the first episode aired, I had the feeling it would get this response.

It's a shame that not even these MCU-somewhat related shows can use asian characters, because Danny being played by a non-asian guy is really weird.
Edited by Darker, Mar 20 2017, 12:48 PM.
Posted Image

A god incarnate. A city doomed.

Emmeth
No Avatar
I Yoeri

Darker
Mar 20 2017, 12:48 PM
It's a shame that not even these MCU-somewhat related shows can use asian characters, because Danny being played by a non-asian guy is really weird.
Was really Danny Rand asian in the comics? I can't really find any evidence of this, at least not full-proof.

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Emmeth
Mar 20 2017, 12:57 PM
Darker
Mar 20 2017, 12:48 PM
Was really Danny Rand asian in the comics? I can't really find any evidence of this, at least not full-proof.
Thought he was, it seems like he's caucasian (which I now remember, he was a blondie from new york iirc). I never actually bothered to look it up, I thought that was the reason as to why there was an outrage about Danny being some random white guy in the show, but it's just people bitching about the fact that he should represent the asian-american crowd.
Posted Image

A god incarnate. A city doomed.

Emmeth
No Avatar
I Yoeri

He's a rich kid from New York, I don't understand why he should 'represent' the asian-american culture.

Steve
Member Avatar

Yeah I think they've jumped the gun with The Hand for sure, the climax to all this will be in The Defenders so Iron Fist is just...there really.

I don't think it would have been as bad if Danny just appeared at the end of Daredevil and was all "I'm here to help"

Introduce him earlier like they did with Luke Cage in Jessica Jones, then they could have got to the proverbial meat of this series faster.

5 episodes in and it still feels like nothing has really happened.

I think individually the cast is all great but they completely lack the kind of synergy the Daredevil crew have, Matt, Foggy, Karen, Claire and Ben all feel(or felt, RIP) like a group of real people and all of them are interesting together and alone.

Well, Madame Gao is badass at least.
Colleen is pretty cool too.
Posted Image

Self cannibalism ftw

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Television and Films · Next Topic »

//