Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Freeza's Full Power
Topic Started: Mar 7 2017, 08:04 AM (653 Views)
+ O Me Ga'd
Member Avatar
Cara En Blanco

I've seen people mention how Freeza can't withstand 100% power for long, but do they know why? As I am currently reading the manga and it's stated that he can't withstand it for long because of the Spirit Bomb and the battle, so it's not naturally extremely draining. It was just that the Spirit Bomb wore him out.

This also puts to rest the idea that he wasn't at true 100% power I believe. It didn't harm him immensely. He wasn't hurt enough to not be able to still go all out.

I'm not sure if this actually puts anything to rest, as I find it hard to believe this was looked over, but just in case, I wanted to make mention of this tidbit.

:gokudance:
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

Exact quote?
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

+ O Me Ga'd
Member Avatar
Cara En Blanco

Vol. 11, page 288. First panel Freeza says "It's time for you to see my full power revealed!!!!" Then on the third panel Goku says "why go to your full power now...? Maybe... because your body can't withstand it for long anymore?!"
Edited by O Me Ga'd, Mar 7 2017, 08:43 AM.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

He says he can't withstand it for "a long time". Without he spirit bomb he could probably sustain it for a long time. That's all he's saying. I don't think it necessarily means he can sustain it forever if he's not badly injured. He wouldn't be capping his power if he could normally sustain it that well
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P11.1-3
Context: with 5 minutes (ha!) before Namek explodes
Freeza: “In that case, I’ll show you my 100% power! There’s no way you can defeat me! Prepare yourself!”
Goku: “Why are you using your full power now?...I know: it’s because when you use all of your power, your body itself can’t handle it.”

Viz is wrong here.
Edited by Super Saiyan, Mar 7 2017, 06:46 PM.
Posted Image

+ O Me Ga'd
Member Avatar
Cara En Blanco

I Banged Sam
Mar 7 2017, 06:41 PM
Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P11.1-3
Context: with 5 minutes (ha!) before Namek explodes
Freeza: “In that case, I’ll show you my 100% power! There’s no way you can defeat me! Prepare yourself!”
Goku: “Why are you using your full power now?...I know: it’s because when you use all of your power, your body itself can’t handle it.”

Viz is wrong here.
What determines one translation being better?

Super Saiyan
Member Avatar

Viz translates context, Herms translates direct word for word. there's nothing wrong with using Viz but in this case I think it's wrong. The literal translation only says that his full power is not sustainable.
Posted Image

+ Pyrus
Member Avatar

And by all other accounts, the literal translation is the correct one here. I'm not sure why Viz went with that direction when nothing else backs it up, but eh.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Top

+ O Me Ga'd
Member Avatar
Cara En Blanco

At least both can make sense in context, just ine makes Freeza have even more ridiculous stamina, durability, and endurance.

Billa
Member Avatar
Thala na Gethu!

Frieza was implied to suppress his full powers in every form to prevent backfiring right on his face

Despite that, he still displayed occasionally as in his 1st form (sitting in floating pod) & 2nd (Hulk-sized alien) against Veggie & Piccolo respectively

I feel his 4th form could've had faar much power but considering the insanely bulky muscle, yet balancing speed, stamina & agility against someone as superior as SSJ Goku would definetly have some adverse effects

I dare say NONE other than a Super Saiyan could survive Frieza's FP. Savage af

I would say its the combined damage induced by Goku's Times 20 Kaioken Kamehameha, Spirit Bomb AND some hits from SSJ Goku (in a brief fist-fight) would've had some effect

freezamite
No Avatar

Freezer not being able to withstand 100% power has nothing to do with his injuries. He couldn't fight at 100% for a long period for the same reason no one can sustain a great effort if he has never before trained to resist going all out.

Freezer wouldn't have been able to withstand 100% of his power even if he hadn't been injured at all, because as a reason for him not having trained ever he had to force his body to the limit to use all his power (which made him slower than he should have been).
And besides all that there's the fact that he was badly injured by the Genkidama, which further decreased his power.
Edited by freezamite, Mar 17 2017, 05:09 PM.

Rejected
Member Avatar
UNFACED REPLACED

imo. i'm wrong tho.

[Namek] Freeza (Fighting Power): 96 000 000
This is the start of his fighting power; typical of fighting power, as power increases, stamina will decrease faster than power increases.

[Namek] Freeza (Max): 120 000 000
Typical with max power; he can achieve this power for short periods of time at a great expense of his stamina (i.e. raising power for full power blasts or physical attacks)

[Namek] Freeza (100% Power): 120 000 000
Freeza prolongs his use of max power but suffers critical drain in stamina.
Posted Image ~( h e l p )( b i z )~Posted Image

ahill1
No Avatar

The "anymore" is not used in the Japanese anime translated by Steve Simmons either:

Posted Image

So the probability of Viz twisting the line a bit is almost 100% concrete.

Ketchup Revenge
Member Avatar
"Nyruhehehehe"

No one can exert themselves at 100% for long, especially when they're fighting someone stronger than themselves (Goku in Super Saiyan for example).

For example, even Goku didn't last too long against Cell at 100%, same with him fighting Kid Boo... the list goes on.

Your power drops because your stamina drops as you continue to fight at your peak.
Edited by Ketchup Revenge, Mar 20 2017, 01:18 AM.
Posted Image
The vengeance is hers' for as long as she stands by Him

freezamite
No Avatar

Ketchup Revenge
Mar 20 2017, 01:16 AM
No one can exert themselves at 100% for long, especially when they're fighting someone stronger than themselves (Goku in Super Saiyan for example).

For example, even Goku didn't last too long against Cell at 100%, same with him fighting Kid Boo... the list goes on.

Your power drops because your stamina drops as you continue to fight at your peak.
But Freezer's stamina was specially bad. It wasn't because he was fighting someone stronger (even injured, Freezer still defeated Goku's best KameHame), it simply was because Freezer was using the 100% of his strength for the first time in his life. Of course, even the trained people will get tired after some time, but someone that hasn't used all his strength in his whole life will get tired much sooner.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Dragon Ball/Z Discussion · Next Topic »

//