Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we don’t limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesn’t take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Friendships
Topic Started: Mar 7 2017, 01:20 AM (871 Views)
SSJSC
Member Avatar

Does anyone think when people lose friends is because god lets it happen? Or do you think god has no involvement socially in our world? Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Top

+ O Me Ga'd
Member Avatar
Cara En Blanco

If he lets that happen, wouldn't that mean he's not involved?

Daemon Keido
Member Avatar
Warmaster of Chaos

I am pretty sure God doesn't care if you have friends. Never saw a Biblical passage that said you had to have any.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Posted Image

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

SSJSC
Member Avatar

O Me Ga'd
Mar 7 2017, 01:52 AM
If he lets that happen, wouldn't that mean he's not involved?
Well, I think he plans things for us ahead sometimes without us knowing what will happen.

Agent Dark
Member Avatar

Well the first question would be if you believe in god in the first place.
Posted Image

+ Buuberries
Member Avatar
No

7 Yrs Of Bad Luck & No Friends If U Don't Like And Reply With Amen To This Post
¯\(°_o)/¯

+ Buuberries
Member Avatar
No

Buuberries
Mar 7 2017, 02:56 AM
Amen
¯\(°_o)/¯

Agent Dark
Member Avatar

I'll take my chances.
Posted Image

SSJSC
Member Avatar

Agent Dark
Mar 7 2017, 02:53 AM
You don't have to believe in god to know god chooses your friends sometimes. People come and go for a reason.

Kiwi
Member Avatar

Yes, it's because Freeza allows such weak relationships to occur. He could wipe all of you puny Earthlings out if he wanted.

Steve
Member Avatar
Taking over the world one couch at a time

If God arranges everything like that then life is utterly pointless because all our choices are made for us.

I chose to ask if I could come over to my now best friend's house, which lead to us becoming great friends. God didn't decide that for me.
Perhaps God put the guy there but I could have given in to shyness as I usually would.
Posted Image

Self cannibalism ftw

SpeedoTrunks
No Avatar

SSJSC
Mar 7 2017, 06:00 AM
You don't have to believe in god to know god chooses your friends sometimes. People come and go for a reason.
I don't want to come across as a bit of a grumpy old man here, but this is false.

The choices you make in terms of who you hang out with/keep in touch with and why, [and the same for the friend(s) in question] are all personal choices. If the friendship is equally valued, people will stay in touch. If not, one person will cease contact and move on.

The TL:DR version of this is - don't look into too much. "God" doesn't pick your friends, You/they do. People come and go because life is complicated and things change.

Sam
Member Avatar
I've seen mountains of skulls and rivers of blood!!

I don't believe in the existence of god, but, if I did, I would have to also believe in fate. Would god really care if you had friends or not? Nah. It just seems like an excuse someone might use like "it was meant to be" or something to get out of feeling guilty that a friendship ended. I don't think any deity - even if I believed one existed - would have a hand in any of my personal failures.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

+ Overly Facetious Goblin
Member Avatar
A Living Meme

SSJSC
Mar 7 2017, 06:00 AM
Agent Dark
Mar 7 2017, 02:53 AM
Absolutely. If you have a friend who stands by you through thick and thin, that can't be solely because of their worth as a person. God chose that person to love you, and you should do the godly thing and love them back. Not because they deserve it, but because God deserves to be recognized for the amazing works he performs in your life. Amen, SSJSC.
Coolest was the Coolest
Posted Image
bloggo

Dingo
Member Avatar

Buuberries
Mar 7 2017, 02:56 AM
Amen.
Wisdom

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »

//