Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rotation Advertisements

We hope you enjoy your visit to this forum.

If you are reading this then it means you are currently browsing the forum as a guest, we donít limit any of the content posted from guests however if you join, you will have the ability to join the discussions! We are always happy to see new faces at this forum and we would like to hear your opinion, so why not register now? It doesnít take long and you can get posting right away.

Click here to Register!

If you are having difficulties validating your account please email us at admin@dbzf.co.uk

If you're already a member please log in to your account:

Username:   Password:
Manga with these things please?
Topic Started: Mar 3 2017, 07:23 AM (385 Views)
+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I know finding a fun anime/manga is hard as is but can anyone recommend me a manga that isn't too long and is action oriented with super powers and a strong and badass main character?

So far I'm thinking of...

Naruto. I finished part 1 but I'm hesitant to read shippuden because it's like 500 chapters. Bit too much for me right now

Hxh is a possibility but I don't like how the author goes on hiatuses a lot and we don't know how much longer it will be. Plus Gon is not interesting to me at all and I don't like having a main character that isn't cool. Although I've heard good things about the other characters

Soul eater?

Blue exorcist?

I keep hearing about this series called Baki?

Anything else good?

Please no bleach, one piece, one punch man, attack on Titan, Toriko, or berserk
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Top

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Assassination Classroom, because it's just that awesome, that it needs to be recommened everywhere for any reason to everyone.

Depends on what you consider "long" though.
Posted Image

Another small step in my evolution toward becoming the ultimate intellect.
And information is most valuable if I'm the only one who possesses it.

+ Overly Facetious Goblin
Member Avatar
A Living Meme

Psyren: Shonen action/battle manga, around 16 volumes I think.

Parasyte: Seinen action/battle/horror manga, 10 volumes, in my top 10. Would highly recommend.

Deadman Wonderland: Darker Shonen action series, 13 volumes, great stuff.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Shonen battle manga, 19 volumes, classic stuff.

I could probably think of more but my mind is drawing a blank. Seriously though, check those top three out. They're great and should be relatively quick reads.
Edited by Overly Facetious Goblin, Mar 3 2017, 02:14 PM.
Coolest was the Coolest
Posted Image
bloggo

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

I forgot about yu yu hakusho thanks for reminding me. I never finished the anime because I just never got to it but I remember liking it

Should I finish yu yu hakusho with the manga or should I read fist of the North Star?

Psyren sounds interesting too but my mind is set on the other two
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

+ Overly Facetious Goblin
Member Avatar
A Living Meme

I'm not really a fan of Fist of the North Star, so I would go with the Yu Yu Hakusho manga, but it's up to you.
Coolest was the Coolest
Posted Image
bloggo

Steve
Member Avatar
THE VOICES

Why not Toriko? It's not that long compared to most, especially if you're slightly considering Naruto which is way longer.

It has some of the most badass action in any action orientated manga I've ever read and Toriko himself is awesome too, not the most interesting MC by any means but he's cool.
It's full of awesome s***. Like giant wolves that can rupture a whole continent just by stamping their paw, people throwing mountains around for fun and other madness.

Aside from that I've started Fire Punch and Until Death Do Us Part recently both of them are pretty cool.

Fire Punch is really weird though. However the MC is the definition of badass given that he's on fire constantly and not like special power kind of fire, he is actually burning to death constantly and can't stop it but he regens so fast he lives.

Until Death Do Us Part I've only read a few chapters of but it was cool, main guy is basically Asian Daredevil.
I forget what it's about exactly but it's got hints of sci-fi to it and probably some special powers, a girl in it has pre-cognition anyway so there's sure to be more than that.
Posted Image

Darker
Member Avatar
The Lord of the Dark

Steve
Mar 3 2017, 10:50 PM
people throwing mountains around for fun and other madness.
Not just that but throwing them around the world at constant (never slowing down) speeds of Mach 1.
Posted Image

Another small step in my evolution toward becoming the ultimate intellect.
And information is most valuable if I'm the only one who possesses it.

+ Ssj3vegito96
Member Avatar

Because the toriko author was convicted for child prostitution and so I'd feel kinda weird reading his manga. That's what I heard at least

...and because it's about food lol honestly it's just so hard for me to take seriously
Edited by Ssj3vegito96, Mar 3 2017, 11:04 PM.
IT'S CHEESE
Posted Image

Steve
Member Avatar
THE VOICES

Eh, the details on that are a bit fishy really no way to tell if he knew the girl was 16, if she was working as a prostitute she knew what she was getting in to and he might not have.
That and his jail sentence was suspended after 2 years, definitely something up there.

And that's exactly what I thought about the food thing but it's not really "about" food. It's more or less about evolving to the pinnacle of strength and food, or rather how their cells react to it, is how they evolve.
As in once they eat a certain thing compatible with their body they get more powerful as well as through training.
Obviously there's lots of food in it but...well it just makes you hungry :p

Regardless of who wrote the story it's still awesome. Hitler drew some fantastic paintings.
Posted Image

tOMMY pICKLES
Member Avatar
Yare Yare Daze

uh try jojos bizarre adventure. you could proabbly skip the first part, just read a summary, read part 2 and if you like that read part 1 after.

its a different series for sure but its funny and the characters do some crazy s***.

hunter hunter is absolutely worth your time, along with yu yu hakusho. their creator is genius.

not sure why you dont want berserk recommended, it is absolutely amazing.
Posted Image

Gog
Member Avatar

As recommended in this thread One Punch Man is an excellent series to try out.

And, once again as it was recommended in this thread Jo Jo's Bizarre adventure is another great series to check out, the art is truly phenomenal, the stands are incredibly creative, the main character is cool, the art and paneling is truly unmatched.

Also, all that lovely gore, and it's a short series, but there's a lot of stories.

Fak.
Online Profile Quote Top

+ Slayer
Member Avatar
Fire Dragon Slayer

How about Yu Yu Hakusho?
Posted Image
Dragon Ball Z Forum, All are Welcomed: Planet Vegeta

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Manga · Next Topic »

//